"The Rebirth Begins"

For talking about LunarNET, the site. Requests, suggestions, complaints, praises, etc. are for this board.
DevNall
Blue Dragon Ninja
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

"The Rebirth Begins"

Post by DevNall »

"The Rebirth Begins"? Exactly what's happening?

Benevolent_Ghaleon
BANNED

Post by Benevolent_Ghaleon »

yes.us my interest is also piqued.

RPGMan
Red Dragon Priest

Post by RPGMan »

Huh? :?

ilovemyguitar
Legendary Hero

Post by ilovemyguitar »

I'm fairly sure it's referring to the site re-design G1's been working on. I guess we have a planned launch date now.

Color me excited! Lunar-Net's getting a facelift!

Benevolent_Ghaleon
BANNED

will other parts get the treatment dragon song did? that one is extensive and it seems like i find myself reading "under construction" a lot in the others. not a complaint just a question.

ilovemyguitar
Legendary Hero

Post by ilovemyguitar »

Benevolent_Ghaleon wrote:will other parts get the treatment dragon song did? that one is extensive and it seems like i find myself reading "under construction" a lot in the others. not a complaint just a question.
I can't really speak for G1 directly, but I know that he's said that he plans to have the site totally free of "coming soon" place-markers by the next anniversary of the site, which is December 24th.

Benevolent_Ghaleon
BANNED

i'm very satisfied with that time frame.

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

I'm happy to know people are viewing the main site and not just the boards. Thanks guys. And for that, I'll spill some of the beans. Yes, it's my hopeful date of the launch of the new layout. I really hope I can make that date. However, right after I put that graphic up, I realized I'm playing in a big soccer tournament the weekend before, so I'll have to get everything ready a week before that release. I know a lot of the site won't get converted over quite that quick, but if I can get the merchandise, multimedia and at least a good portion of the games pages up and running, I'll go through with the date. But yes, the goal is that by the night of Christmas Eve this year, the 10 year anniversary of the site, that almost the entire site will finally be rid of coming soons and glaring errors (there's a lot of broken links out there, I know). There's also some missing stuff I really want to put on the site, like full size scans of the novel covers, etc. I'm hoping to create a festive atmosphere around the 10 year mark, perhaps sell some good Lunar items on Ebay, have some contests, finish up a third character tournament, etc.

As for the 6.26.2007 date, do a little digging. There is a significance to it. I didn't realize it's not listed on the site, but if you think back to years past, what happened on June 26th that would make me launch a new site that day? Granted, it's not a holiday (even if I always seem to launch new sites on holiday's) but it might as well be one for most of the people here.

Edit - Also keep in mind that I'll be launching constantly between 6.26 and 12.24. Specifically an encyclopedia that's been a project of Alunissage's for years that I've just never got going for her like I wanted. It'll be a very comprehensive look at all things Lunar. There's also going to be a redesign of the forums to fit the new theme better. A few other things. I'd like to put up a "Lunar Collection" utility, where users can show off whatever Lunar merchandise they own. So yeah, quite a lot coming.
Last edited by GhaleonOne on Wed May 02, 2007 10:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-G1

ilovemyguitar
Legendary Hero

Post by ilovemyguitar »

GhaleonOne wrote:As for the 6.26.2007 date, do a little digging. There is a significance to it. I didn't realize it's not listed on the site, but if you think back to years past, what happened on June 26th that would make me launch a new site that day? Granted, it's not a holiday (even if I always seem to launch new sites on holiday's) but it might as well be one for most of the people here.
That would be the 15 year anniversary of the day Lunar: The Silver Star was released in Japan. :-P

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Post by Sonic# »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/June_26th

It's also Chris O'Donnel's birthday. And the day the bicycle was patented. ^_^
Sonic#

"Than seyde Merlion, "Whethir lyke ye bettir the swerde othir the scawberde?" "I lyke bettir the swerde," seyde Arthure. "Ye ar the more unwyse, for the scawberde ys worth ten of the swerde; for whyles ye have the scawberde uppon you, ye shall lose no blood, be ye never so sore wounded. Therefore kepe well the scawberde allweyes with you." --- Le Morte Darthur, Sir Thomas Malory

"Just as you touch the energy of every life form you meet, so, too, will will their energy strengthen you. Fail to live up to your potential, and you will never win. " --- The Old Man at the End of Time

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

You know, I could be going out on a limb here, but if anyone wants to see what the new front page might look like, look at the center picture of the rebirth pic and look closely, you'll see what looks like the new front page.

I'm looking forward to it, especially the Lunar Collection utility, I think that would be great, as I am tired of taking my entire collection out to retake pictures, it can't be good for the games. Therefore, they are kept somewhat safe in ziplock bags and are stored in a plastic draw thing.

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."

CatsWithMatches
Red Dragon Priest

Post by CatsWithMatches »

ilovemyguitar wrote:That would be the 15 year anniversary of the day Lunar: The Silver Star was released in Japan. :-P
God I feel old.

8)

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

Benevolent_Ghaleon wrote:will other parts get the treatment dragon song did? that one is extensive and it seems like i find myself reading "under construction" a lot in the others. not a complaint just a question.
Well, the Lunar DS and Lunar Legend are the official US websites for both of those games. So those sections got some priority ahead of everything else. Also, there's a lot more incentive for updating content related to upcoming or recent games. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

Not to mention a big reason is I have better quality artwork for DS. I was able to do some of those pages because I was given an extremely high-resolution layered PSD of the main artwork for the game to work with on the design. That's something I don't have for any of the other games (I'd kill for that kind of thing with the main games) I've gotten better at manipulating what I do have though, and play to try and put something nice together for all of the games. I may even try to do different styles of layouts for some of the games, instead of the standard template look that all but DS have right now.
-G1

Ozone
Dragonmaster

Post by Ozone »

TaoTeCheese wrote:
ilovemyguitar wrote:That would be the 15 year anniversary of the day Lunar: The Silver Star was released in Japan. :-P
God I feel old.

8)
I feel old too o_O Real old.
"'There are no atheists in foxholes' isn't an argument against atheism, it's an argument against foxholes." - James Morrow
"I'll hit your head with the thunder clap, you're seeing Horus"

RPGMan
Red Dragon Priest

Post by RPGMan »

I may be being Blonde as usuall (just to clarify my hair is more of a gold :P ] It may be cause to me soley looking on the forum, not anywere else on the site =/ I go this forum in my printing graphics class during school, this is the only part of the site that is not blocked) but I still don't get what this is about, please clarify for me, thanks guys =)

Dr. Casey
Burg Farmer

Post by Dr. Casey »

Starting on July 26th (the anniversary of The Silver Star's release), LunarNet is going to start on a major site overhaul. We know this due to a message on the front page of the website. You know how there are plenty of sections that are "Under Construction"? By the time this redesign is finished, the entire site will be functional and there will be a lot of new info. Think that's it...

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

BTW, Dr. Casey, I haven't forgotten your game saves. The plan is to have them go up with the new design, along with the movies section.
-G1

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

G1, how exactly do game saves work? Are they specifically for those who play the game on the computer via emulators?

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

Pretty much, unless you have one of the devices that lets you transfer saves to memory cards, and those would only work for the remakes.
-G1