Popularity

For talking about LunarNET, the site. Requests, suggestions, complaints, praises, etc. are for this board.
ShadowKnight47
Reza Thief
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Popularity

Post by ShadowKnight47 »

lol, this site isn't very popular...

Is Lunar very popular in general?
Lunar is the 2nd greatest game next to FF

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

lol, it's been over six years since the last really good game release. :roll:

Back in the day it was pretty popular, but by the time EBC came out people were moving on to the PS2 (and perhaps were put off a bit by the high price) and it never really gained the popularity that SSSC and TSS had. Many people remember the games with fondness, but there just haven't been good installments to keep them in the public eye. Lunar Legend was released here in Dec 2002 and was okay but a disappointment to existing fans and not notable enough to people new to the series to pull lots of people in, and Dragon Song is more likely to make people not want to try other games in the series. Plus, the games (except Dragon Song) are hard to find in stores.

MogTheMoogle
Meribian Merchant

Post by MogTheMoogle »

I'm hoping you guys aren't thinking of anything like shutting it down.

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

Nobody said anything about shutting it down. I've been posting all over the place about the redesign that's coming. I don't ever plan on shutting the site down, as far as I'm concerned.
-G1

Dark_Fairy
White Dragon Knight

Post by Dark_Fairy »

I'm glad this place is not planning to go down. This place is like, home to me.

Yeah, where I live the only person who knows about Lunar besides myself is my best friend, who I rant about everything to. :P

Benevolent_Ghaleon
BANNED

Post by Benevolent_Ghaleon »

GhaleonOne wrote:Nobody said anything about shutting it down. I've been posting all over the place about the redesign that's coming. I don't ever plan on shutting the site down, as far as I'm concerned.
i was scared someday you'd say "with how life is going at the moment, i just can't keep up with doing this place". thanks for the relief!

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

Well, keep in mind, even if the Lunar series had no hope for a new game, and the fanbase dwindled to near death, the site itself has been a really big help for my portfolio. I mean, there's going to come a day that if we don't get a new game, I'm going to completely run out of material to put on the site. And while there's always a few fan items and such that can be added, the site has more or less become an information based site (barring the forums for interaction) rather than a news site like it used to be. Granted, I still have lots to add, but it's not a new game type announcement.
-G1

Erroneous
Legendary Hero

Post by Erroneous »

More popular than that LunarEB site :roll:

Least this site is still operational, usable, and active compared to many games older than 6 years old that hasn't had many new releases, try and beat that!

Benevolent_Ghaleon
BANNED

Post by Benevolent_Ghaleon »

LunarEB's forum set-up was crap. i enjoyed the mp3's off of the site, though.

AnimeJei
Red Dragon Priest

Post by AnimeJei »

I'm glad it's not shutting down, I just got back here. Just as many still prayed to Althena even after she long disappeared, Us LUNAR fans will never fade no matter how long it takes them to get a new story out. And if they don't, damn it, then we'll take matters into our own hands >=)
Image"Sample my goods!!"

Patty Mac
Meribian Merchant

Post by Patty Mac »

Its great to have such an online resource and a place to interact with fellow fans of the Lunar series. Even if the masses forget about Lunar there are so many people that are die-hard fans and so this is like a haven for that.