Why the approval?

For talking about LunarNET, the site. Requests, suggestions, complaints, praises, etc. are for this board.
phyco126
Dragonmaster
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Why the approval?

Post by phyco126 »

I'm just really curious (and having consumed enough alchohol to ask) as to why our posts in the news section have to be approved first. Is this something that prevents spam from dirtying up the front page of Lunar-net.com?

Oh, and is this a feature of PHPBB 3.0, a mod, or something in 2.0 as well?

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Re: Why the approval?

Post by GhaleonOne »

It's not a mod, but I don't know if it was available in 2.0 or not. And the approval is more because anything posted in the comments makes it on the frontpage. Not so much worried about spam (considering how good Kiz is at killing that) but moreso just someone posting something inflammatory or even someone posting something about ROMs or the like. I know people from the developers and publishers of the series do know the site exists, and I'd rather keep the frontpage as clean as possible.

And besides, approval is quick. Yours is the first post I've had to approve, as Kiz, Sonic and whoever else gets them before I even see them usually. That's the first time I've even seen what the approval process looks like, actually. So I know it's done quite fast.
-G1

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

Cool, so I was kinda close on my guess. I understand that, though it was still one of those questions in the back of my mind. I don't recall any options like that in 2.0 . If this is truely a 3.0 thing, then it is something I will likely take advantage of with my forums. Thanks for the response G1! :)

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

GhaleonOne wrote:And besides, approval is quick. Yours is the first post I've had to approve, as Kiz, Sonic and whoever else gets them before I even see them usually.
KILL STEALER!

I totally had that one. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Post by Sonic# »

Kizyr wrote:
GhaleonOne wrote:And besides, approval is quick. Yours is the first post I've had to approve, as Kiz, Sonic and whoever else gets them before I even see them usually.
KILL STEALER!

I totally had that one. KF
Kizyr - 248
Me - 34
G1 - 1

I think you have a safe lead. ;)
Sonic#

"Than seyde Merlion, "Whethir lyke ye bettir the swerde othir the scawberde?" "I lyke bettir the swerde," seyde Arthure. "Ye ar the more unwyse, for the scawberde ys worth ten of the swerde; for whyles ye have the scawberde uppon you, ye shall lose no blood, be ye never so sore wounded. Therefore kepe well the scawberde allweyes with you." --- Le Morte Darthur, Sir Thomas Malory

"Just as you touch the energy of every life form you meet, so, too, will will their energy strengthen you. Fail to live up to your potential, and you will never win. " --- The Old Man at the End of Time

Jenner
Dragonmaster

Post by Jenner »

He's going for the record though.
The Infamous Jenner!
Maker of Lists.
RIP Coley...
still adore you Kiz.