Lunarthreads, dying?

For talking about LunarNET, the site. Requests, suggestions, complaints, praises, etc. are for this board.
Lord Yggdrasill
Lann Fisherman
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Re: Lunarthreads, dying?

Post by Lord Yggdrasill »

Well I do have a suggestion to make though. Why not take over Lunar Wiki(that wikia one) and make it an official project for LunarNET? To give existing members something to do, and to find a reason to attract potential new comers.

Erroneous
Legendary Hero

Post by Erroneous »

Lord Yggdrasill wrote:Well I do have a suggestion to make though. Why not take over Lunar Wiki(that wikia one) and make it an official project for LunarNET? To give existing members something to do, and to find a reason to attract potential new comers.
My opinion would be easier and more controllable and less advertisements if we created and hosted our own on the lunar-net.com domain.
---
LunarNET Discord: https://discord.gg/yzXgsSa

Lord Yggdrasill
Lann Fisherman

Insydius wrote:
Lord Yggdrasill wrote:Well I do have a suggestion to make though. Why not take over Lunar Wiki(that wikia one) and make it an official project for LunarNET? To give existing members something to do, and to find a reason to attract potential new comers.
My opinion would be easier and more controllable and less advertisements if we created and hosted our own on the lunar-net.com domain.
I actually like this idea, is it gonna be resource-intensive to build a mediawiki site on LunarNET's server?

Arlia
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Arlia »

Wouldn't that incur extra hosting costs?

Erroneous
Legendary Hero

Post by Erroneous »

Lord Yggdrasill wrote:I actually like this idea, is it gonna be resource-intensive to build a mediawiki site on LunarNET's server?
It wouldn't be, unless spambots take over it as they commonly do.
Arlia wrote:Wouldn't that incur extra hosting costs?
Nope, I hardly think it would get as much traffic as the english Wikipedia makes a day. As it being Lunar content only, I can imagine bandwidth would be miniscule compared to the homepage or the forums here.
---

Shiva Indis
White Dragon Knight

Post by Shiva Indis »

This is a rather delightful plan. Wish the decision makers were around to weigh in...
「まあいいけど。」

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

I'd love to set something like that up. But the issue is lack of time. Life's just so busy these days. That's seems to be the problem I've had for the past 2 years though...
-G1

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

After the wedding, I swear. That's when I'll get more free time. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Lord Yggdrasill
Lann Fisherman

Well it may be a problem if you do not have time, since Wikia itself already has several useful plugins made for Mediawiki, while a fresh Mediawiki installation is pretty blank to begin with. You will definitely need to spend some time installing all these plugins and configuring the wiki site, which can take a while. But you have like 4 admins here, dont you? Guess it isnt a problem then.

@ Kizyr: ur getting married? Congrats, never knew of this before. Is she a member of this place, too?

Kizyr

Post by Kizyr »

Lord Yggdrasill wrote:@ Kizyr: ur getting married? Congrats, never knew of this before. Is she a member of this place, too?
Jenner and me are getting married. There's a thread on the AAGB board about it from back when we announced it. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

CatsWithMatches
Red Dragon Priest

Post by CatsWithMatches »

@Lord Yggdrasill -

You must be new here.

Erroneous
Legendary Hero

Post by Erroneous »

Lord Yggdrasill wrote:You will definitely need to spend some time installing all these plugins and configuring the wiki site, which can take a while. But you have like 4 admins here, dont you? Guess it isnt a problem then.
Installing the software to the site is pretty easy, as is adding in the plugin extensions, unbelievably easy for most. So the configuration is out of the question simple, its a matter of if G1 and Kizyr want to manage a wiki as to ensure accuracy and moderate the articles for immature postings. So the decision comes down to them, and to those whomever they may assign to help on the task of direction for the wiki and how it is to be presented.
---

Kizyr

Post by Kizyr »

The quick version is that you can expect more things to take off this summer. I think at that point we'll be able to come back to managing some of these long-term projects that've been put on hold (including repairing significant parts of the site, beginning a wiki--as has been on the table for the last 3-5 years, and more translation projects). KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Shiva Indis
White Dragon Knight

Post by Shiva Indis »

Might I mention as a reminder that I've donated documents that have never been added to the site? 8-)
「まあいいけど。」

Kizyr

Post by Kizyr »

Shiva Indis wrote:Might I mention as a reminder that I've donated documents that have never been added to the site? 8-)
...................................whoops.

........that's there with all those broken links to fix. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Temzin
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Temzin »

This would probably be the right time to pop in and say hello. It's what people say above...my love for Lunar never dimmed since I was 12 with my Mega CD in hand, it's just that the very occasional nature of Lunar (er, or Game Arts, period, for that matter) releases brings some of us around only every so often.
Shiva Indis wrote:Might I mention as a reminder that I've donated documents that have never been added to the site? 8-)
Oho, new stuff, Shiva? Would love to read. Just had a chance to come back to my old Lunar I & II Design Materials translation by way of a thread we had on romantic old video games at the Madman's Cafe for Valentine's Day. Naturally, Lunar 1 and 2 came up right away, including the epilogue.
aka Maou

Shiva Indis
White Dragon Knight

Post by Shiva Indis »

^Nothing that I haven't posted here already. I could probably come up with some things to the list, but in light of the backlog that just seems mean. :twisted:
「まあいいけど。」

Zhane Masaki
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Zhane Masaki »

Sorry I haven't been active lately. I've had to put all projects on hold to get my life back together, following a bit of a failed move-out. My main concentration has been on employment and finding housing for my upcoming transfer to San Francisco State University...the one school I'd hoped NOT to have to go to due to proximity to my current dysfunctional home.

Once I get settled, the music project will be done easily.
Also an expert on the Phantasy Star tetralogy, Ys, Star Ocean, Dirty Pair, and most things Universal Century Gundam

Visit My Backloggery to keep up on my gaming exploits!

Nobiyuki77
Legendary Hero

Post by Nobiyuki77 »

Zhane Masaki wrote:Sorry I haven't been active lately. I've had to put all projects on hold to get my life back together, following a bit of a failed move-out. My main concentration has been on employment and finding housing for my upcoming transfer to San Francisco State University...the one school I'd hoped NOT to have to go to due to proximity to my current dysfunctional home.

Once I get settled, the music project will be done easily.
I've been busy as well, which has led to less posting. :(
-Nobi

brit
White Dragon Knight

Post by brit »

I've been busy but not that busy.
I like to lurk most of the time. : )

3DS | 3652-1775-0152
PSN | Psychobrit08
SWITCH | SW-1497-7723-9594

** please let me know if you add me **