What is going on here?!

For talking about LunarNET, the site. Requests, suggestions, complaints, praises, etc. are for this board.
Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Re: What is going on here?!

Post by Sonic# »

Damon - academic advisor from hell.
Sonic#

"Than seyde Merlion, "Whethir lyke ye bettir the swerde othir the scawberde?" "I lyke bettir the swerde," seyde Arthure. "Ye ar the more unwyse, for the scawberde ys worth ten of the swerde; for whyles ye have the scawberde uppon you, ye shall lose no blood, be ye never so sore wounded. Therefore kepe well the scawberde allweyes with you." --- Le Morte Darthur, Sir Thomas Malory

"Just as you touch the energy of every life form you meet, so, too, will will their energy strengthen you. Fail to live up to your potential, and you will never win. " --- The Old Man at the End of Time

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

Sonic# wrote:Damon - academic advisor from hell.
I'm thinking that all academic advisors have had at least some brief contact with the netherworld...
Damon wrote:Kid, if it hadn't been for my "interference" this site would be at the same stage it's been at for the past five years.
Ok, good point.

...and the SSS section is actually done and in its testing phase. That'll go live either tomorrow or Friday. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Damon
Lann Fisherman

Post by Damon »

Sonic# wrote:Damon - academic advisor from hell.
Hell and back again, my friend.

Kiz, good work on the SSS section. Now, what's the status with that EBC section? I haven't heard much word from you on that.
Former Keeper of Knowledge

Kizyr

Post by Kizyr »

Damon wrote:Kiz, good work on the SSS section. Now, what's the status with that EBC section? I haven't heard much word from you on that.
Everything except the screenshots section is done.

There's a bug in the screenshots section. I'm working on figuring out how to fix it now -- though I think I just figured out how... Expect an announcement later today. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Oh, good. Seems to me that was one screenshot section in which I kept winding up at Borgan's cheerful bathing scene instead.

Kizyr

Post by Kizyr »

Alunissage wrote:Oh, good. Seems to me that was one screenshot section in which I kept winding up at Borgan's cheerful bathing scene instead.
Yeah the only down-side is that this fix requires me to re-upload about 5000 images. So... as soon as that upload queue is finished, I'll be able to announce the EBC section upgrade. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Damon
Lann Fisherman

Post by Damon »

Well, nice work on fixing those screenshots. The Borgan image was a little unsettling.

But I can't help but notice you're over 4 days late on this next update. What's going on with the Magical School Lunar section? I thought you were supposed to be the foremost "expert" on that installment.

Understand that I fully expect you to put in extra time to avoid the next section from slipping behind due to this delay.

Kizyr

Post by Kizyr »

Damon wrote:Well, nice work on fixing those screenshots. The Borgan image was a little unsettling.

But I can't help but notice you're over 4 days late on this next update. What's going on with the Magical School Lunar section? I thought you were supposed to be the foremost "expert" on that installment.

Understand that I fully expect you to put in extra time to avoid the next section from slipping behind due to this delay.
Geez, complain more, guy. MSL section is now up. The holiday delayed a bit of my schedule, but the Legend section is something I'm putting together now. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Damon
Lann Fisherman

Post by Damon »

One and a half weeks, no update.

What happened? Did your laziness catch up with you again?

You still have 3 more game sections to go.

Kizyr

Post by Kizyr »

Testing out the Lunar Legend section now, so you'll see an announcement on that today probably. I want to see if I can fix up the DS section though so we can announce two sections at once. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Do you have a section of J2E changes for LL? Because while checking the text could be kinda tedious, there are some non-text items that are of interest. Plus the text item of replacing all references to alcohol with chocolate, soda, apple pie...

Edit: I should probably list the ones I'm thinking of. Phyco would probably know best what others there are:

J: 3 save slots
E: 2 save slots

J: No item duplication bug (I think?)
E: item duplication bug (and also graphic glitches I never saw in the import)

J: Image of Althena raising the Fortress is the usual still
E: Image of Althena has had tights/leggings added

J: Same drunk people and bars, etc. as in every other version (I assume)
E: Saith NPC is drowning his tears in chocolate; Kyle overeats in Reza instead of getting drunk; Jess decides to stay in Tamur when Kyle mentions their famous peach pie or peach soda; and some other reference got turned into soda or pie, I forget what. Maybe the Meribian drunk.

Kizyr

Post by Kizyr »

I never played the English version of Lunar: Legend all the way through, so I never put together a list of changes. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Damon
Lann Fisherman

Post by Damon »

I see the Legend section is complete. Nice work, even if a little tardy.

Feel free to "phone it in" for the Dragon Song updates, by the way. No sense in leveling up a dung beetle.

Kizyr

Post by Kizyr »

As you saw, the DS section is also done.

I had to put the SSH section on hold for a while on account of illness. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

The Greatest Story
Nanza Bandit

Post by The Greatest Story »

im so happy work is being done!

Kizyr

Post by Kizyr »

Oh that reminds me, the SSH section is done, and I even re-did the Lunar 3 articles.

I haven't announced the Lunar 3 one yet because I want to do one major post with a headline about the completion of "The Lunar Series" pages' updates. I'm trying to see about modifying the side navbar also while we're at it.

The next stage is to go through the "World of Lunar" sections... Re-doing the timeline, reorganizing the novels/manga sections, actually completing the artbooks, soundtracks, and All the Lunar subsections, etc. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

The Greatest Story
Nanza Bandit

Post by The Greatest Story »

:D

LuNaRtIc
Bromide Hunter

Post by LuNaRtIc »

Kizyr. I am impressed. *A*
Thank you for all your hard work! It looks fantastic! Damon should have come back sooner! :lol:
「美しい白い竜 愛しい白い竜…」
My avatar art was done by luleiya! <3

Kizyr

Post by Kizyr »

Thanks {^^}. Though Ramadan and other things post-Ramadan sort of slowed me down a little. I hope to pick back up after we get back from vacation at the end of this month, so expect more starting in September. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Damon
Lann Fisherman

Post by Damon »

Kizyr wrote:Thanks {^^}. Though Ramadan and other things post-Ramadan sort of slowed me down a little. I hope to pick back up after we get back from vacation at the end of this month, so expect more starting in September. KF
.........WHAT!?

You think just because I stop posting for a little bit you can slack off again? Make excuses again?

"Hope to pick back up" is your way of saying "some time after the Blue Star is repopulated".

Come on, kid, how long is that going to take you, seriously?