What is going on here?!

For talking about LunarNET, the site. Requests, suggestions, complaints, praises, etc. are for this board.
Damon
Lann Fisherman
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

What is going on here?!

Post by Damon »

What... what happened here while I was gone? This place is a mess!
I leave the library for a little sabbatical, and this is what I come back to?

*ehem*
Ok, perhaps I should start at the beginning. I'm the Keeper of Knowledge -- the original Keeper of Knowledge. I passed that title onto Kizyr when I decided to retire from this world (yes I heavily implied that I died, but honestly I just needed the peace). But now that I come back for a visit, I'm reconsidering that decision...

I mean, sure, the interface is a little prettier, but really... Broken links? Incomplete articles? "Under Construction" signs? What is this, a GeoCities page?!

Starting now, Kiz, you're on probation. You want to continue to call yourself the Keeper of Knowledge, fix this place up. I don't want to hear "but I don't have any time" -- I ran an entire spire like clockwork while fending off thieves and assisting a Dragonmaster. I don't want to hear "I don't know how" -- you have the tools to access the site and can figure the rest out as you go. And I definitely don't want to hear "But there's too much to do" -- pick a place and start from there.

Got it?
Former Keeper of Knowledge

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Re: What is going on here?!

Post by Kizyr »

Oh crap. Ok, look, I can explain. I did get busy for a few years but yeah, I can get on this now.

I remember you don't want excuses, so I'll cut to the chase. I'll start working on the TSS section tonight, ok? Once that's done I'll get to the EB section and work my way through.

Just... it'll take a bit of time to get some of the new content put in. Y'know, writing, uploading, testing, that kind of thing. But I'm on it, ok? KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Post by Sonic# »

You don't look like Damon.

Wait, I'm getting a wire crossed. I think I remember you.
Sonic#

"Than seyde Merlion, "Whethir lyke ye bettir the swerde othir the scawberde?" "I lyke bettir the swerde," seyde Arthure. "Ye ar the more unwyse, for the scawberde ys worth ten of the swerde; for whyles ye have the scawberde uppon you, ye shall lose no blood, be ye never so sore wounded. Therefore kepe well the scawberde allweyes with you." --- Le Morte Darthur, Sir Thomas Malory

"Just as you touch the energy of every life form you meet, so, too, will will their energy strengthen you. Fail to live up to your potential, and you will never win. " --- The Old Man at the End of Time

Kizyr

Post by Kizyr »

Ok, professor. Um, I'm making progress but I kind of hit a roadblock.

There's some 'under construction' parts that just don't have any content anywhere. Like the game saves. And the characters page. And the packaging section -- not to mention the music has a lot of broken links. I can't just completely remove those -- can I maybe just put some placeholders up there? KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Damon
Lann Fisherman

Post by Damon »

Kizyr wrote:There's some 'under construction' parts that just don't have any content anywhere. Like the game saves. And the characters page. And the packaging section -- not to mention the music has a lot of broken links. I can't just completely remove those -- can I maybe just put some placeholders up there? KF
Oh, hm, well, let me think about that for a mo--NO.

Game saves? You have an emulator and the game -- make some saves.
Characters? You can write the bios and upload character images yourself.
Packaging and music? You have an entire bookshelf full of all the games and soundtracks.

What's the matter, your scanner broken? If it is, the supply closet is on 2F of the Spire. Behind the Lil'Gon statue. Check that.

Quit the excuses and get back to work.
Sonic# wrote:You don't look like Damon.
Shaka, when the walls fell.
Darmok and Jalad at Tanagra was Picard and Dathon at El-Adrel.
The river Temarc in winter.
Last edited by Damon on Thu Apr 18, 2013 5:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kizyr

Post by Kizyr »

Ok, ok, I'm on it... Good news, though: I'm done with all of the text-related work, and much of the new content. All that's left is doing all of the images and audio for the artwork, characters, music, and packaging sections.

I'm going to upload everything at once, so there won't be any broken links. This should be done by tomorrow. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Temzin
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Temzin »

This is my favorite thread in literally years! And: it bears results!
aka Maou

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Post by Sonic# »

Picard and Dathon at El-Adrel.
Sokath, his eyes opened. Gee, you really are a keeper of knowledge. I bow to your terabytes of wisdom, as well as your knowledge of when e-mails malfunction.
Sonic#

"Than seyde Merlion, "Whethir lyke ye bettir the swerde othir the scawberde?" "I lyke bettir the swerde," seyde Arthure. "Ye ar the more unwyse, for the scawberde ys worth ten of the swerde; for whyles ye have the scawberde uppon you, ye shall lose no blood, be ye never so sore wounded. Therefore kepe well the scawberde allweyes with you." --- Le Morte Darthur, Sir Thomas Malory

"Just as you touch the energy of every life form you meet, so, too, will will their energy strengthen you. Fail to live up to your potential, and you will never win. " --- The Old Man at the End of Time

Kizyr

Post by Kizyr »

Ok... The content for TSS is done. I need to test it tomorrow, then it'll go live.

Expect the announcement tomorrow. Hopefully I can keep this up and get to one section per week at this rate. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Damon
Lann Fisherman

Post by Damon »

Sonic# wrote:Sokath, his eyes opened. Gee, you really are a keeper of knowledge. I bow to your terabytes of wisdom, as well as your knowledge of when e-mails malfunction.
A side hobby that was fun, but that I couldn't do forever. Though I did find someone actually competent to run that in my stead. Unlike some places...
Kizyr wrote:Ok... The content for TSS is done. I need to test it tomorrow, then it'll go live.
Expect the announcement tomorrow. Hopefully I can keep this up and get to one section per week at this rate. KF
Very good. I won't brook any delays, though. If the new content is not live by the end of the day, I turn the Spire's defenses back on.

Kizyr

Post by Kizyr »

~Kizyr (they|them)

Jenner
Dragonmaster

Post by Jenner »

My goodness, calm down Damon, this -Dragon Diamond- takes a lot of work and time so unknot your panties.
The Infamous Jenner!
Maker of Lists.
RIP Coley...
still adore you Kiz.

Damon
Lann Fisherman

Post by Damon »

Hm. I'm pleased to see the new TSS section. Now let's see if you can keep this up for tackling EB.
Jenner wrote:My goodness, calm down Damon, this -Dragon Diamond- takes a lot of work and time so unknot your panties.
Impossible. I've gone commando since '38. There's nothing beneath these robes save for the breeze.

Damon
Lann Fisherman

Post by Damon »

Haven't heard from you in a while. I should hope that developing the EB section is what's keeping you away, not your wanton laziness.

I'm going to go level up for a spell. Healing herbs are in the same supply closet in case I forget to turn the defenses back off.

Arlia
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Arlia »

I SAID HEY. WHAT'S GOIN' ON?!

Kizyr

Post by Kizyr »

Damon wrote:Haven't heard from you in a while. I should hope that developing the EB section is what's keeping you away, not your wanton laziness.

I'm going to go level up for a spell. Healing herbs are in the same supply closet in case I forget to turn the defenses back off.
Chill, professor! The EB section is almost ready to go live! KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Post by Sonic# »

Arlia wrote:I SAID HEY. WHAT'S GOIN' ON?!

When I did this in a Karaoke bar, I intentionally sung the song like He-Man.
Sonic#

Damon
Lann Fisherman

Post by Damon »

Kizyr wrote:
Damon wrote:Haven't heard from you in a while. I should hope that developing the EB section is what's keeping you away, not your wanton laziness.

Chill, professor! The EB section is almost ready to go live! KF
Excellent work! If you manage to keep this up, I might even be mildly impressed.

How is the Walking School section coming along? I'm certain you're already working on it...

Kizyr

Post by Kizyr »

Well, as you see professor, the Walking School section is entirely rebuilt!

I'm also more than halfway through with the Silver Star Story section, ahead of schedule.

So, lighten up already, ok? This is coming along pretty well without your interference. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Damon
Lann Fisherman

Post by Damon »

Kizyr wrote:So, lighten up already, ok? This is coming along pretty well without your interference. KF
Kid, if it hadn't been for my "interference" this site would be at the same stage it's been at for the past five years.

You can get back your "keeper" status once all the game sections are done. But you still have all the merchandise sections so don't think you're off the hook for a while now.