Request Desktop Site

For talking about LunarNET, the site. Requests, suggestions, complaints, praises, etc. are for this board.
Shinto-Cetra
Black Dragon Wizard
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Request Desktop Site

Post by Shinto-Cetra »

I'd like my mobile browser to be able use the "Request Desktop Site" feature. Clicking it does not do anything. I find the Desktop site easier regardless of machine I'm using for quick checking of thread replies. In the mobile, version, I have to click on sub-sub-sections (eg "The Arts", "Lunar: The Silver Star", etc) to preview last post, on desktop I can just see it even in the first page of Lunarthreads.

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Re: Request Desktop Site

Post by Kizyr »

I agree (though some of these features might be in a more recent version of phpBB than what we're using right now). Right now we're trying to figure out some larger site management questions, but one thing I really want to get better about is board maintenance. I'll see if we can figure this out -- I wish I could make promises but unfortunately I don't know. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Shinto-Cetra
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Shinto-Cetra »

Kizyr wrote:I agree (though some of these features might be in a more recent version of phpBB than what we're using right now). Right now we're trying to figure out some larger site management questions, but one thing I really want to get better about is board maintenance. I'll see if we can figure this out -- I wish I could make promises but unfortunately I don't know. KF
No worries: I appreciate you acknowledging it at least. Keep me updated if anything new develops.

Kizyr

Post by Kizyr »

Say, I just tried thiz using Firefox on Android, and Request Desktop is working fine. What browser/os are you using?

(This could be good or bad. If it's a browser compatibility thing, that means it's not an option we can just check off, but might be something addressed in a recent update.) KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Shinto-Cetra
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Shinto-Cetra »

Kizyr wrote:Say, I just tried thiz using Firefox on Android, and Request Desktop is working fine. What browser/os are you using?

(This could be good or bad. If it's a browser compatibility thing, that means it's not an option we can just check off, but might be something addressed in a recent update.) KF
iOS, tested using Safari, Firefox, and Firefox Focus; none allowed it to work.

Kizyr

Post by Kizyr »

Ok, I can confirm that it's an iOS/Android difference.

Thanks for raising the issue. Hopefully we can try to handle this with a future update. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Shinto-Cetra
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Shinto-Cetra »

Ironically requesting Desktop Site now takes me to this thread. Not sure if that helps, but I'm posting it in case it does.

Kizyr

Post by Kizyr »

...................wtf

Seriously, iOS is weird.

Like, aside from the title, there's nothing backend that should be tying this to "Request Desktop Site". KF
~Kizyr (they|them)