Working Designs is down for the count.

This board is set up for topics about the fan-based Lunar MMORPG.
Development has been suspended... sorry

Moderator: WD RPG WD

Benevolent_Ghaleon
BANNED
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Working Designs is down for the count.

Post by Benevolent_Ghaleon »

I'm fully aware that each of you know this, so bring Lunar Online back. Who is going to do anything about it?

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

Well, probably no one at the moment, seeing as Lunar Online was done in the spare time of people with jobs and what not. I'm sure it's not as easy as it looks, so to ask for it to just be brought back isn't going to happen over night. First you have to find the time, then code, test, and code somemore. I don't know if they plan to start working on this again, but it's best to just let them do it in their own spare time. Begging for them to do it just might make them NOT want to do it.

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."

Diz
Reza Thief

Post by Diz »

What exactly was lunar online I never really got what it was.

Benevolent_Ghaleon
BANNED

It actually wouldn't have been so great as it was, but since it was Lunar, it was worth it to me.

I'm confident with people helping and enough time and updates it could become something worthwhile and especially addictive to me.

i say we get it on the Wii download station. =P

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Re: Working Designs is down for the count.

Post by Kizyr »

Benevolent_Ghaleon wrote:I'm fully aware that each of you know this, so bring Lunar Online back. Who is going to do anything about it?

Sure, go ahead and do it. You do all the artwork, coding, hosting, and the thousands of hours of work that deals with making and maintaining the game. Hell you can even go to Game Arts and ask them if you can have the license to market it as well. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Benevolent_Ghaleon
BANNED

It seemed safe to assume that since it had existed at one point that the person has enough motivation to continue despite difficulty.

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

Well, the game never existed beyond the first stages of developement. When it was running, all you could do was run around with a character stabbing things on a small overhead map of the world of Lunar, and that was just tests. Consider that you would have to finish the world, add dungeons, add itmes, equipment, shops, bandwidth, extra coding and whatnot, well, you get the picture. Also, I speak from experience when I say that just because one had the motivation to start something, doesn't mean they are going to have the motivation to finish it.

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."

Werefrog
Dragonmaster

Post by Werefrog »

phyco126 wrote:Also, I speak from experience when I say that just because one had the motivation to start something, doesn't mean they are going to have the motivation to finish it.

Amen. Some of us also have school and work to deal with. I've had so many creative works hat I've wanted to try in the past year, but I couldn't because of college. I thought okay, "I'll do it this summer." Nope. Didn't happen. I was way too busy this summer with McDonald's. Some time life gets in the way. We'll see what happens next year.

Rollin Daryl
Meryod Yokel

Post by Rollin Daryl »

I want to set my avatar as the picture of my pet dog... how can i do this?
[size=0]i love pets Cat And Dog Drawing[/size]

Benevolent_Ghaleon
BANNED

Rollin Daryl wrote:I want to set my avatar as the picture of my pet dog... how can i do this?

Alt+f4

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

Alt+f4

Knock it off. That's not called for. Some people are new to forums and have simple questions. No need to act like an ass for it.

And Rollin,

To add an avatar to your username, go into "Profile" near the top of the window (it's the sixth item in the above navbar when logged in, just after Groups and just before Private Messages).

For future reference, please ask these kinds of questions either on the LunarNET board or Almost Anything Goes board.
-G1

Werefrog
Dragonmaster

Post by Werefrog »

Benevolent_Ghaleon wrote:
Rollin Daryl wrote:I want to set my avatar as the picture of my pet dog... how can i do this?

Alt+f4

Says the user without an avatar.

Benevolent_Ghaleon
BANNED

Werefrog wrote:
Benevolent_Ghaleon wrote:

Alt+f4

Says the user without an avatar.

I've had avatars at other forums i've attended. This is a matter of apathy and laziness.