Ip for the Lunar MMORPG?

This board is set up for topics about the fan-based Lunar MMORPG.
Development has been suspended... sorry

Moderator: WD RPG WD

WD RPG WD
White Dragon Knight
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Post by WD RPG WD »

Im curious, how would you turn a 2-D RPG into a 3-D version? And how do you plan on hosting the game? Plus what engine would you use to create your game?

Akashia
Meryod Yokel

Post by Akashia »

To turn a 2d game into a 3d game is going to be a hard task. But if you go back and recreate 2d enviroments and have modelers recontruct those into 3d models. As for the character it would be up to be cel shaded, or just rendered. or somethign like a everquest or the new dungeons and dragons type character. You wont play as alex or lucia or hiro or whomever. Just create your own characters and do what ever is mission based but free roaming. As for servers and web page designed that is something that would have to come up later but i am sure you can get some servers for cheap. and gkeep it free and have advertising pay for everything. But i just need animators and programmers. Thats it and my self and a team for the storyline and stuff. But if anyone wants to help let me know.

Akashia =^;^=

WD RPG WD
White Dragon Knight

Post by WD RPG WD »

Let me just save you some time here. I actually worked on Lunar Online (my MMORPG) for over 2 years. That whole time I couldn't find any programmers that could show more than a month worth of dedication before bailing. Hosting will cost you money no matter what and even with adds and stuff it will be around $100 a month, at least.

Making a game 3d will also be a tough going and to host a 3d game will cost way more especially if it gets popular.

I'm not trying to discourage you. If you have the tools to get it done then go for it but I'm 25 and I've been working on games for 10 years and I worked my butt off on this project and in the end the closest we got was a demo that I hosted off my own computer and could only handle 10 people on at once and even that had problems.

Also it was 2d and we used "Konfuse" to create the game in case you were wondering.

Akashia
Meryod Yokel

Post by Akashia »

That is cool. I love thelunar series and i would have loved to see a online rpg of it. I am sure with alot of the advertising for like homepages or like other companies you could get money for the site that hosts it which could pay for some of the servers lol. I am actually trying to start up my own game company like i prolly stated it has been a dream of mine. i am working on a martial arts fighter and a online rpg with a survival horror in the wroks as well at least the ideas of how i want to do the game. But where ya from buddy i am only 27 maybe we can start something ya know? You never know. Get back to me alright.

Chris

WD RPG WD
White Dragon Knight

Post by WD RPG WD »

Pardon me, I just assume everyone that talks about starting a game business is a 16 year old with too much ambition for there own good :o

Maybe we could talk about some things. You can AIM me if you want. The Tag is right below my post. I do mainly music but I've done a lot of grapical work and design as well. Very little programming Im afraid. I'd give you a little demo of my music but G1 took it down... Jerk@#! :evil:

At the moment Im working two jobs but Ill have some time soon. Any demos or sites that I could see of your work?

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

You rang? Actually, I didn't know I took it down, but I don't even remember where it was uploaded to. I can put it back up if you need.
-G1