Recent "Lunar Sightings"

This board is for general discussion of Lunar. Especially things such as Lunar merchandise, general discussions about the story that span more than one game, etc.
Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Post by Sonic# »

I wear both my pendant and the Growlanser ring necklace sometimes. But then, I wouldn't go so far as to wear one of the watches, except maybe to a con. (Partially this is because I view it as sacrosanct, and partially because the watch I have now does more, and doesn't serve much of a purpose besides time-telling and the occasional need for a stopwatch.)
Sonic#

"Than seyde Merlion, "Whethir lyke ye bettir the swerde othir the scawberde?" "I lyke bettir the swerde," seyde Arthure. "Ye ar the more unwyse, for the scawberde ys worth ten of the swerde; for whyles ye have the scawberde uppon you, ye shall lose no blood, be ye never so sore wounded. Therefore kepe well the scawberde allweyes with you." --- Le Morte Darthur, Sir Thomas Malory

"Just as you touch the energy of every life form you meet, so, too, will will their energy strengthen you. Fail to live up to your potential, and you will never win. " --- The Old Man at the End of Time

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

I wear my pendant now and again, usually with my triforce earrings. :P I've never had anyone recognize it, though. I remember wearing it to the airport and going through screening only to need to return to the non-security part briefly and go through screening again. A guard said "Hey, I saw someone wearing a necklace like yours go through a few minutes ago." Took me a bit to realize that I was probably the person he'd seen then as well.

Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter

Post by Silver Phoenix »

Triforce earings? Love it! I saw Hot Topic had some Zelda merchandise not too long agp from t-shirts to emblems hats, wallets, and the like. I have the LoZ Animated Series on DVD and I asked for and got the Twilight Princess diecast sword and shield collectors set for Xmas. It came with a soundtrack but it only has a few tracks which was a rip off. I think the set was a Target exclusive. I saw that Wal*Mart carries the Prima Collector's Edition Hardbound Twilight Princess Strategy Guide. It's brown with a gold emblem on the front. I think it's the shield symbol.

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

I saw that Wal*Mart carries the Prima Collector's Edition Hardbound Twilight Princess Strategy Guide. It's brown with a gold emblem on the front. I think it's the shield symbol.
Really? I've been wanting to buy it but EB and GameStop sell it for 30 and barely have it in stock. I might check out Wally World and see if they have any left.
-G1

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

The whole fancy LE guide thing is a bit annoying. Stores were stocking the NP guide, and then when the Prima guide came out they restocked with it rather than the NP one, so it probably hurt sales of the latter.

I thought about getting the Target sword and shield and soundtrack, but the same soundtrack (with one more track) came packed in with the NP guide as a promo for getting a subscription for NP, which is how I got it.

My earrings aren't actually Zelda earrings, they just look like the triforce. I'd been looking for some like that for years, or even just simple triangles, because I'd bought a necklace that was a silver hexagon with a little triangle cutout in the middle with a gem set in it that reminded me of the dais in the Temple of Time in Ocarina. The store had the "triforce" earrings in both white and yellow gold, and I dithered between matching my necklace and having the original color, then sensibly decided to buy both. ^_^

LuNaRtIc
Bromide Hunter

Post by LuNaRtIc »

Alunissage wrote: The store had the "triforce" earrings in both white and yellow gold, and I dithered between matching my necklace and having the original color, then sensibly decided to buy both. ^_^
Smart choice! ^_^ lol, they're very cute Alunissage!
「美しい白い竜 愛しい白い竜…」
My avatar art was done by luleiya! <3

Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter

Post by Silver Phoenix »

Well they may not be the exact design but they're close enough and look cool. I thought they were going to be hanging earrings which would be even better.

The diecast sword and shield are nice but they don't come with a stand which is ridiculous.

G1, if you can find the LE Twilight Princess guide try looking online to see if you can find it, and cheaper. I would have looked through it but it was shrink wrapped. It comes with a cloth map.

Speaking of LE guides, I bought one for FFXII and the damn pages come out of it. The binding was poorly done.

LuNaRtIc
Bromide Hunter

Post by LuNaRtIc »

I'm proud of myself. xD

I was helping my friend take care of her baby sister last night, it was around 9:30 and the baby was crying really bad. :( So I sang her Lunar lullabies, and she was out like a light. xD KEEEEEEEE I'm such a nerd. But it worked! :3
「美しい白い竜 愛しい白い竜…」

Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter

Post by Silver Phoenix »

Althena would be proud, you otaku.

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

Did you sound like Lucia did in EBC when she sand lulibies? Or did you sound like Luna/Althena?

You know, I just had to ask, me being evily curious and all.

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."

LuNaRtIc
Bromide Hunter

Post by LuNaRtIc »

Well, I don't think I sounded as lovely as Luna, but I most certainly didn't sound as terrible as Lucia either. xD I'm in the school musical, so that means I have to have SOME type of singing talent, right? xD
「美しい白い竜 愛しい白い竜…」

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

OOOOOoooo, what musicals have you done already? You should try to convince them to do a Lunar Musical :P

Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter

Post by Silver Phoenix »

A Lunar Musical, now that would be interesting.

Quark singing: "A Drrrrrragon Diamond, why would you want thatttttttt!!? Don't you know they're made from my shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh... poop.

Brian
Saith Pirate

Post by Brian »

I wouldn't exactly call it a "recent" sighting as it was from the previous Fall Semester at college, but I had an instructor named Mia.

Nall.TWK
Lostest Boy

Post by Nall.TWK »

In Denver, I see a lot of cars with NAL on the license plate. Only thing i can think of.
this not being lunar related, I always thought it was interesting that when I watched Spaceballs, Helmet would say "Ready Kafka?" Where "Kafka" sounded a lot like "Kefka."
君と私でヒューヒューあつい鼓動刻んだら可愛い猫耳つけて二人でゴロゴロしましょう♪

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

I want a license plate for my car that has the background of the lightblue poster for SSSC and the words LUNAR :D

Nall.TWK
Lostest Boy

Post by Nall.TWK »

I did forget to mention in Denver I remember seeing a street called Zenobia.(not xenobia but close)
君と私でヒューヒューあつい鼓動刻んだら可愛い猫耳つけて二人でゴロゴロしましょう♪

Ozone
Dragonmaster

Post by Ozone »

Got a number from a chickie named Mia the other day, does that count? xD
"'There are no atheists in foxholes' isn't an argument against atheism, it's an argument against foxholes." - James Morrow
"I'll hit your head with the thunder clap, you're seeing Horus"

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

phyco126 wrote:I want a license plate for my car that has the background of the lightblue poster for SSSC and the words LUNAR :D
Heh, I considered getting ALTHENA as a vanity plate when I got my car... which, you may recall, was selected in part because one of the colors it came in is called Eternal Blue Pearl by the manufacturer. ^_^

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

Alunissage wrote:
phyco126 wrote:I want a license plate for my car that has the background of the lightblue poster for SSSC and the words LUNAR :D
Heh, I considered getting ALTHENA as a vanity plate when I got my car... which, you may recall, was selected in part because one of the colors it came in is called Eternal Blue Pearl by the manufacturer. ^_^
Why didn't you? Seriously though, if I had the money and the resources to have a plate like I mentioned earlier, I would :D