WMVs

This board is for general discussion of Lunar. Especially things such as Lunar merchandise, general discussions about the story that span more than one game, etc.
Angelalex242
Legendary Hero
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

WMVs

Post by Angelalex242 »

Anyone know a good site that has wmv files of the various cutscenes in Lunar 1 and 2? The one I used to use seems to have gone down, to my sadness.
Don't blame me, Lucia promised me lots of snuggles and cuddles if I would be her PR guy.

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

Was it lunareb.com? Cause I can't reach it now either. Even though they're probably the biggest competition for LunarNET in terms of Lunar sites this side of the Pacific, if they're gone, that sucks. I know they had a pretty big forum base especially.

I believe I have all the video's, and even high-res versions from the PC version of SSS, but trying to upload them all to LunarNET for download would be hell on my bandwidth. I might be able to put them up in private and rotate a few random video's publically.
-G1

Imperial Knight
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Imperial Knight »

GhaleonOne wrote:Was it lunareb.com? Cause I can't reach it now either. Even though they're probably the biggest competition for LunarNET in terms of Lunar sites this side of the Pacific, if they're gone, that sucks. I know they had a pretty big forum base especially.

Lunareb.com is gone. I believe that there's a fairly good possibility that the forum will return, but not the rest of the site.

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

Wow, that sucks. Is there any reason? Or was it just because the owner got sick of the upkeep?
-G1

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

LunarEb is gone eh? Well, that actually surprises me considering the large forum base they had. At the same time, I never really noticed any updates to the site. The only good use of LEB was the movies (though I bet that must have been expensive to keep up because of the bandwidth.)

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."

Imperial Knight
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Imperial Knight »

From what I've been told, it's pretty much that the owner got sick of the upkeep.

Angelalex242
Legendary Hero

Post by Angelalex242 »

lunareb.com was the site, yeah. So I was wondering if there was somewhere else I could go for my .wmvs.

If you've got 'em all, cool, I can get them on this site, but yeah. Bummer that they're gone.

(Anyways, if you put 'em up in private, lemme know. I occasionally use 'em for projects I do.)
Don't blame me, Lucia promised me lots of snuggles and cuddles if I would be her PR guy.

Faust
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Faust »

i was looking for them as well

thanks to ghaleonone (sorry if i spell your name wrongly!)he redirected me to this thread

well anyways i did some googling some of the cut scenes can be found at ign.com however the sad part is some of the cut scenes are segregated into several files

this web site youtube.com also have some of the videos if im not wrong the bath scene

correct me if im wrong

and thanks to those who helped and answered my questions earlier!

Ardekh
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Ardekh »

I have a wmv of Leo's enterance that I saved from Lunareb a while ago, but that's all.

Zophar
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Zophar »

GhaleonOne wrote:Was it lunareb.com? Cause I can't reach it now either. Even though they're probably the biggest competition for LunarNET in terms of Lunar sites this side of the Pacific, if they're gone, that sucks. I know they had a pretty big forum base especially.

I believe I have all the video's, and even high-res versions from the PC version of SSS, but trying to upload them all to LunarNET for download would be hell on my bandwidth. I might be able to put them up in private and rotate a few random video's publically.

Hre is a suggestion: You could create a profile on File Front and upload them there. Then you could provide the links for them on LunarNET.

Katze
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Katze »

GhaleonOne wrote:I might be able to put them up in private and rotate a few random video's publically.

If you could do that, I would be forever grateful. I have all of the WMVs from LunarEB, but they aren't very high in quality. I really want to make a Lunar AMV, but I'd like to have some videos of higher-quality...

And it sucks that LunerEB is gone. That site had some pretty nice things, such as the character songs from Lunar 1 and 2.

Faust
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Faust »

I would be eternally grateful too.........

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

Zophar wrote:Hre is a suggestion: You could create a profile on File Front and upload them there. Then you could provide the links for them on LunarNET.

Well, there's still the bandwidth issues. Considering the size and amoutn of all the files, multiplied by how many downloads to expect, it'd likely be more than FileFront (or any free service, for that matter) would allow--that goes for places that claim "unlimited bandwidth", too.

Lunareb.com actually helped with keeping our bandwidth lower, so we could add in all these extra things instead of the videos. If folks wanted the cinema sequences from any of the Lunars, we could just say "Check out Lunareb, they got tons of that". But, yeah, considering Lunar-net's other content, the only option I think would be to rotate some videos as bandwidth allotment would allow. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Atticus
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Atticus »

I dont know much about Youtubes Unloading system but
Maybe you could Upload them on Youtube?
Take no one could download them but could still see them

exigence
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by exigence »

i tried lime wire for some videos but i dint find any mabey if any one else uses it u could do a direct connect to send them to people

DevNall
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by DevNall »

Blue Laguna has the whole collection in AVI format.

Zhane Masaki
Red Dragon Priest

Re: WMVs

Post by Zhane Masaki »

If our esteemed GhaleonOne puts them up in private, why not list the titles of the individual cutscenes on the site, and link to information on each cutscene (without said cutscenes themselves)?
Also an expert on the Phantasy Star tetralogy, Ys, Star Ocean, Dirty Pair, and most things Universal Century Gundam

Visit My Backloggery to keep up on my gaming exploits!

DevNall
Blue Dragon Ninja

Re: WMVs

Post by DevNall »

Is it really necessary to resurrect a topic that's over 3 years idle?