Latest Lunar loot

This board is for general discussion of Lunar. Especially things such as Lunar merchandise, general discussions about the story that span more than one game, etc.
Alunissage
Goddess
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Latest Lunar loot

Post by Alunissage »

I got a bunch more Lunar stuff in the last couple of months. I have a bit more coming to me, but here's what I've received. A few things were duplicates that I couldn't resist for a good price, and a couple of those I've sold already to other collectors.

Genesis screen cleaner - this was a preorder item with Genesis in Japan. Annoyingly, NCS wasn't able to get it so I had to buy it separately.

Phonecards, because two dozen of them already just isn't enough: a Genesis one, three SSSC (the additional bromides for the MPEG release), and another SSS cast one. Have a couple more coming to me. I'm so behind in scanning these. >_<

A GA/Kadokawa Shoten folder of promo stuff. This is where the calendar G1 put in a recent update comes from, as well as that MS/Evangelion folder. Also included are a selection of flyers, including two Lunar ones, and some stickers. I already had just the plastic folder, so now that's an extra.

A bunch of store promo posters: Genesis, All the Lunar, Eternal Blue (Saturn). I'll also have a MS one coming to me and I'm probably going to get a SSS one also.

Another Lunar Genesis poster, this one from a magazine and showing art that isn't used anywhere else (except possibly in the guide, I need to check). G1 already posted a pic of this up at LNet.

A doujin...I was pretty sure that's what this was but with several Funato sketchbooks out there I couldn't quite be sure. Being a fan thing, it's (of course) a bit on the naughty side. :roll: If I find a picture I'm willing to scan, I'll do so. I wish I knew why there's this compulsion to drag things down like that...well, actually, no, I don't want to know.

Another Lunar I+II artbook. Showing some slight signs of wear, so I was hoping to get it for slightly cheaper than it was. Still way less than I paid for my new one or for what they're going for on eBay. I plan to offer this to a Lunar-collecting friend of mine with whom I've only just gotten in touch again, but if he already has it or isn't interested then I'll be happy to consider offers.

Lunar PC (Japanese)...this sounds much cooler than it is, because disc 1 was missing! :evil: I already had the game, fortunately, so I'm not quite as ticked as I would be otherwise; I bought this copy for the manual primarily. If anyone wants the box and disc 2, uh, let me know.

TSS with soundtrack -- this was pretty neat. Someone had taken the game and the soundtrack and put them into a double jewelcase, using the game's backliner as a, well, frontliner. The manual wasn't included, but the OST booklet was. I had both of these already, so I've sold this set.

A Lucia kit. For about $30! Mine, mine, mine! I could almost like the girl.

SSS store demo disc - again, this sounds cooler than it is; it's a noninteractive movie to play on store demo units. It's short, and I didn't see much of interest on it; the same thing might be on a couple of Saturn magazine demo discs I have. I'll check someday.

MS anime tape! Got this specifically with Kizyr in mind and it's now in his possession so he can get the full Salia effect. ;)

Lunar 2 coinpurse. There's a picture of this up on the site; apparently this was a store-specific bonus. A separate auction had some coins, but it was too much for my overstrained wallet (the auction was also for 12 phonecards, at least half of which I already owned), so I just got the pouch. Which was 10 yen, or under a dime. (Plus about $9 in fees...)

Lunar EB demo -- TWO of them!! This was by far the biggest excitement for me. G1 and I have both been wanting this for YEARS. And that I found two...this was beyond cool. I gave one to G1, of course. It's also noninteractive, but much longer than the SSS one; more interestingly, it shows a couple other party formations. (And some unbelievably bad AI battles.) I kept this a secret for over three months, until I could mail G1 his.

I should have a few other things coming to me in the next month or two, not all of which are Lunar-related. I do occasionally get stuff relating to other series.

Siazair
Student of Vane

Post by Siazair »

TSS with soundtrack -- this was pretty neat. Someone had taken the game and the soundtrack and put them into a double jewelcase, using the game's backliner as a, well, frontliner. The manual wasn't included, but the OST booklet was. I had both of these already, so I've sold this set.

Mine mine mine, mu ha, haha *snuggles Alun*

Nadia
Saith Pirate

Post by Nadia »

Dear lord, that's impressive! Where in the world do you find this stuff? Is there some secret method for getting your hands on ancient game/anime fan merchandise of which I do not yet know?

--Nadia

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

Nadia wrote:Dear lord, that's impressive! Where in the world do you find this stuff? Is there some secret method for getting your hands on ancient game/anime fan merchandise of which I do not yet know?

--Nadia

She beheads immortals and steals their life-force.
Then she takes their Lunar goods.

At least, that's the only logical explanation I can come up with for how she manages to obtain so much stuff. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

She beheads immortals and steals their life-force.
Then she takes their Lunar goods.

Nice Highlander reference!

Though I imagine a lot of her merchandise comes from Yahoo Japan Auctions. And some from Ebay, but things don't show up there as often.
-G1

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

I can't betray my sources, as then I would have to kill you to keep you from being competition. ;)

It's mostly YJA, through an agent. I don't really get stuff on eBay now because nothing (or very little) shows up that I don't already have. I had another agent looking for specific stuff for me for a while too, which is how I got my All the Lunar and novels.

The problem with getting stuff through an agent is if something's wrong with it there's virtually no way to hold the original seller accountable, as with the Lunar PC I mentioned. :|

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

How does the agent thing work? Do they just charge you a small fee for each item?
-G1

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Not telling. :P

Seriously, there are quite a few fees involved. Shipping within Japan, transaction fees, Paypal fees, repackaging sometimes, and of course shipping to me. Not for the faint of wallet.