Lunar: Childhood's End manga translation now online

This board is for general discussion of Lunar. Especially things such as Lunar merchandise, general discussions about the story that span more than one game, etc.
Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Lunar: Childhood's End manga translation now online

Post by Kizyr »

Hey everyone.

LunarNET's translation of Lunar: Childhood's End is now up! Check the frontpage (www.lunar-net.com) for the news update. Or go directly to the Manga or Childhood's End page. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Angelalex242
Legendary Hero

Post by Angelalex242 »

Interesting.

They implied Hiro became Dragonmaster. After a fashion, anyway.

...Cool.

And he did, thankfully, go home. Whew.
Don't blame me, Lucia promised me lots of snuggles and cuddles if I would be her PR guy.

Kizyr

Post by Kizyr »

One thing I liked was the hinted-at romance between Jean and Leo.

I'm starting to think that when Jean said she was "maybe a little lovesick" at the end of Eternal Blue, she'd already grown a bit fond of Leo. Especially in that black cape. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

Speaking of Leo. In this manga, he seemed more like Mystere with some of the quirky lines Mystere would have said. Perhaps Leo is following in the footsteps of his idol. :P
-G1

Angelalex242
Legendary Hero

Post by Angelalex242 »

There are SO many JeanxLeo fanfics on websites that have such things. At least with this Manga, they're not QUITE so off the wall and unsubstantiated.
Don't blame me, Lucia promised me lots of snuggles and cuddles if I would be her PR guy.

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

I always thought they were a fairly obvious couple, given that neither has any obvious candidate and they both have to come to terms with things in their pasts. However, while I found the party in EB to be less coherent because they weren't divided into couples as in L1, by the time I played EBC I thought it was better that way, to avoid cliche in at least one regard.

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

Yeah, I have a hard time saying whether I like Lunar 1 or 2's party more. Lunar 1 was better in terms of romantic relations within the party, but EB's characters were more intricately entwined into the plot from my perspective.

Though in terms of Leo's romantic involvements with Jean... I think she'd have to fend off Leo groupies after the events with Zophar. I mean, that one girl in Dalton was horribly obsessed with him. :P With Ronfar and Hiro taken, Leo was probably the world's most wanted bachelor. (though the same could be said of Jean, I'm sure :P)
-G1

joker_mausland
Pao Hunter

Post by joker_mausland »

A few months ago a friend from Sweden gave me a torrent of this manga translated into English but I don't remember much about Jean and Leo.

Angelalex242
Legendary Hero

Post by Angelalex242 »

Quite so.

There's probably SEVERAL men after Jean (and that one woman in Horam, who was deadset on marrying whoever won the tournament), more then a few after Lemina trying to get her to ditch Ramus, and Leo had groupies no matter which side he was on.

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

GhaleonOne wrote:Yeah, I have a hard time saying whether I like Lunar 1 or 2's party more. Lunar 1 was better in terms of romantic relations within the party, but EB's characters were more intricately entwined into the plot from my perspective.

I like Lunar 1's party more, they just seemed more innocent. Whereas Lunar 2, like you said, they were far from innocent. Bad things happened to them all, and the darkness that surrounds them, well, I just didn't like it. Not that I hated Lunar 2's party, but they where definately the most serious of the two.

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."

Katze
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Katze »

Hmm, I always thought there could be something between Leo and Jean. And besides, they are the only characters of the main party that aren't paired up. There's Hiro/Lucia, Ronfar/Mauri, Lemina/Ramus (not as obvious as the other two, but there are enough hints, especially if in the epilogue) and some would even say that Nall and Ruby are gonna pair up eventually.

So I guess that leaves Leo and Jean together. Personally, I wouldn't mind. It's not very far-fetched at all, in my opinion. :3

Kizyr

Post by Kizyr »

Given Leo and Ronfar's shared past, I wouldn't put Leo's age at anywhere past about late 20s. So he's likely around 25-26; Jean, I always figured, seemed about 20-21. So, that'd place this manga when Jean was 23-24 and Leo was 28-29.

Then, given how Jean and Leo both had messy pasts they had to come to terms with, I think they share a lot in common that way. And, well, Jean really needs someone who could at least hold his own in a fight compared to her.

Before reading through Childhood's End, I still couldn't see it happening. But now, well, I think it's the most likely pairing. Jean would be happy with someone like Leo, and vice versa. Even given Leo's occasionl bouts of... eccentricity.

Come on, I mean, "It now flies on the wings of Truth and Justice!!!"? Best line of the manga! KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Angelalex242
Legendary Hero

Post by Angelalex242 »

I dunno. Maybe Jean has a Mystere fetish?...

Or, wait. Maybe she appreciates the idea of leading a double life.

She switches back and forth between Dancer and Kareteka.

So, Leo has Mystere for his...alternate personality and form. Sort of.

So, see, it's actually 4 pairings in the wacky world they both live in.

LeoxDancerJean
LeoxKarateJean
MysterexDancerJean
MystereXKarateJean

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

In a way, that makes sense. But then how do you fit in Mauri's double persona with Ronfar's? :wink:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."

Angelalex242
Legendary Hero

Post by Angelalex242 »

Ah, that just makes Ronfar swear on Zophar's grave that his children are only going to have /one/ count them /one/ personality. But he still loves his sweety, I'm sure.

AbsoluteAlex
Red Dragon Priest

Post by AbsoluteAlex »

Great job on this, I can never find enough to read about Lunar
I wasn't born to fit in, I was born to stand out