Whats your favourite Lunar

This board is for general discussion of Lunar. Especially things such as Lunar merchandise, general discussions about the story that span more than one game, etc.
Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Post by Kizyr »

Regional lockouts are on US models once a system is brought over here. It's meant to force extra payment for those willing to go to the trouble of importing a game. Emulators are an easy way to get around that since, well, it just involves not going to the trouble of including a regional lockout.

What the converter cartridge does is bypass the lockout, allowing you to play the game. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

I always felt that the lockouts where nothing more than a silly greedy way to force people to pay extra money and be evil :)

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."

SSSFan
Red Dragon Priest
Location: in front of my computer, above my keyboard, at the lunarnet forum, in my house etc. etc.

Post by SSSFan »

You've only played Lunar Legend?
It's the only lunar I played, too. *shame**shame**shame.*
I'd never heard of importing when the others came out. I was...5 when lunar TSS&EB came out and 10 when the remakes came.
But I can still check Ebay etc when I wanna have it :D
Last edited by SSSFan on Sat Aug 27, 2005 1:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

I always felt that the lockouts where nothing more than a silly greedy way to force people to pay extra money and be evil Smile

Then why do you like the PSP so much more than the Nintendo DS? :P
-G1

9_Tails
NPC

Post by 9_Tails »

(((It's gotta be TSS for me, simply because it was the first game of any kind that ever REALLY hooked me. I think I was in the 6th grade the first time I played it, and I hadn't really played many games before. As a result, all the plot twists and stuff that I would now pick up on way in advance, all worked on me to full effect. I was genuinely shocked and felt betrayed when Ghaleon murdered Quark and enslaved the village of Burg, because stuff like that doesn't generally happen in your typical play-through of Sonic the Hedgehog. )))

The same for me although, ive always been an avid gamer.

The only RPG's i played b4 Lunar were games like Zelda and Secret Of Mana, so when me and friend rented Lunar for SCD and played it all the way through in he time of a week i was blown away by the plot and everything. It was unlike anything i had ever experienced and ive been hooked on RPG's ever since then, till this day not finding an equal to TSS simply because it was the first.

Its like a first love or osmething... ahhh if only i could go back in time.

EB was cool too... i found it a few years later at the same store after i had moved outa the area... but of course i had to pick it up. SO rented it... played for around 6 hours (to where *spoiler* comes back) then ahd to return it. I imediatly called my friend who was living 2 hours away and told him about it and he bout killed over not knowing there was a 2nd one. Course the next time i went to get it , when he came down to check it out with me like old times, the place didnt rent out SCD games anymore and all hope was lost. Untill a few years ago i found someone with the rom and played it through on my PC :)

DevNall
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by DevNall »

Those of you playing via emulators, happen to have saves or save states I could borrow? :)

cj iwakura
Student of Vane

Post by cj iwakura »

The original Lunar, since it was the first RPG I became really obsessed with. I was into RPGs long before that, but that was the series that got me hooked for life. It being the first one with voice acting and animation sequences was a huge bonus, too.
On a related note, that's why playing SSSC is so painful. :? For every good change, there were about five bad ones that totally changed the tone of the original.
EB'd be a close second, but I wish someone would translate Magic School so I could understand it; the story sure looks interesting...

DevNall
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by DevNall »

cj iwakura wrote:but I wish someone would translate Magic School so I could understand it; the story sure looks interesting...

When it comes to 2D consoles, I'm mainly familiar with Nintendo's, but I was actually looking at this (the Game Gear version, anyway, I don't have a copy of a remake). If someone out there was interested in translating all the text and dialogue, we could work out something...

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

Translating Lunar: Walking School's dialogue would be really easy. The problem is with finding programmers to insert the text into the game file. Now, translating Lunar: Magic School is another thing altogether... it's not that there's so much text, but that it's a CD game and I don't know where to begin with getting a fan-translation inserted into that. At least, not without breaking some legal grounds. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

There was at least one group doing that, but I don't know how far they got. Naflign, Nyef, and Rebecca (Capowski) were the ones working on it. Naflign's site was gone last I checked. :|

localflick
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by localflick »

There was at least one group doing that, but I don't know how far they got.

If you're referring to Walking School, they made an ips file that translates through to chapter 4. Also things like the variables from collected items still need to be tweaked.

...that is unless I found another group's translation. There are a few versions floating around, but that's the farthest I've found. From there on, it's all Kiz's guide to help us.

Apophis san
Burg Farmer

Post by Apophis san »

Lunar 2:EB, I just liked the the generally more mature atmosphere of the game. Plus the story was my favorite out of the series, but the again I've only played Lunar:TSS and Lunar 2:EB.

Blue_Goddess
Student of Vane

Post by Blue_Goddess »

Lunar Silver Star StoryComplete, the very first Lunar i played, i was in Grade 3 or 4 at the time i started playing it.

I also liked EBC, but SSSC is still the game that i like better.

lioyd
BANNED

Post by lioyd »

Lunar legend was really great

LuNaRtIc
Bromide Hunter

Post by LuNaRtIc »

I agree with Blue_Goddess for the same reason. SSSC was my first Lunar game, I started playing it when I was young and grew up on LUNAR. :D
「美しい白い竜 愛しい白い竜…」
My avatar art was done by luleiya! <3

celestiallight
Lann Fisherman

Post by celestiallight »

I love EBC... I haven't played EBC...

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

...?

Elie
Student of Vane

Post by Elie »

I'm tempted to say Lunar Magic School, but that would be a bit biased of me, since I've yet to fully beat the game, even if I do know the majority of the story. Besides, I can see how most people would just deem the game mediocre. In terms of my obsessive devotion to it (and Walking School), though, it would be my favorite.

But in terms of the games themselves, I'd have to say Eternal Blue. Complete, since I never got to play the original. Not that I didn't love Silver Star Story, it's just that Eternal Blue sticks out for me more. I like the contrasting party members, the manipulative nature of the storyline, even the battle system slightly more.