Lunar on PSP

This board is for general discussion of Lunar. Especially things such as Lunar merchandise, general discussions about the story that span more than one game, etc.
Alex_Pwns_Hiro
Red Dragon Priest
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Lunar on PSP

Post by Alex_Pwns_Hiro »

so i just beat Lunar silver star story on my psp. it works just like playing it on the playstation which is awesome. i just brought this up because ive read alot of people here saying, " it would be cool to have lunar re-made in psp format ". i can help if u dont know how to put it on your psp, its easy.

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

OH OH OH! I'll be buying a PSP sometime late this year (hopefully) so, uh, yeah, send me a PM about all the details!

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."

Dark_Fairy
White Dragon Knight

Post by Dark_Fairy »

I should be getting a PSP later this year too, but really only for one game that's going to come out in late summer (The remake of Rondo of Blood, heck yes. Go Castlevania!)...but I've read lots of arcticles and things on people playing PS games on their PSPs.

LuNaRtIc
Bromide Hunter

Post by LuNaRtIc »

Portable Lunar....... *___* <3
「美しい白い竜 愛しい白い竜…」
My avatar art was done by luleiya! <3

lost_f0n_drive
Lostest Boy

Post by lost_f0n_drive »

I've had a psp for quite a while but i've never even thought of trying to put lunar on it, Could you send me the details as well.

Dragonmaster Dyne
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Dragonmaster Dyne »

i would love to know as well.
Today is two days before the day after tomorrow.

MagicEmperor
Student of Vane

?

Post by MagicEmperor »

hmm you can do that? um if you can help me please do send me the details or somtehing like tht

Old Jericho
Reza Thief

Post by Old Jericho »

I'm planning on getting a PSP soon too (for a port of Final Fantasy Tactics).
You should just post the details on the forum for all to see.
This is my signature. It is a work of art.

Alex_Pwns_Hiro
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Alex_Pwns_Hiro »

ok well first you need custom firmware. if you have 2.71 and under then ur ok but higher then 2.71 you cant have cumstom firmware yet. go to psp-hacks.com to learn how to get custom firmware, or google it. first you need to downgrade to 1.5 then upgrade to custom, unless you already have 1.5 firmware. once you have custom firmware go here : http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/450045 thats what i used to get PSX games on my psp. when you go to custom firmware, there is a small chance of bricking your psp, just so you know. ask if you have any more questions.

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

So there is a risk to doing it eh? Anyway to undo any damage?

Alex_Pwns_Hiro
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Alex_Pwns_Hiro »

Yes there is a risk. A very small risk but still... umm i dont think you can undo the damage but i dont really know. but i did it and it worked.

Dark_Fairy
White Dragon Knight

Post by Dark_Fairy »

Well, this is something I'm not going to try. I don't want to break ANOTHER playstation product. Swap magic's slide card already messed up my PS2. I had to literally open it to get my disk out of the system because my disk tray only comes out half way thanks to the slide card jamming it.

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

Heh, my PS2 broke on it's own. Or I should say the first one did, and the second one has some troubles too.
-G1

lost_f0n_drive
Lostest Boy

Post by lost_f0n_drive »

2.71 eh?
Well I guess that means I can't put psx games on mine. My psp has version 3.30 firmware installed on it. :?

Werefrog
Dragonmaster

Post by Werefrog »

lost_f0n_drive wrote:2.71 eh?
Well I guess that means I can't put psx games on mine. My psp has version 3.30 firmware installed on it. :?
No... but you could downgrade your firmware. But I thought that affected your ability to play the official PSP games. Does it?

lost_f0n_drive
Lostest Boy

Post by lost_f0n_drive »

Yes, certain psp games require certain versions of firmware.

ex: Tales of Eternia requires version 2.00 or higher to play.

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

Guess that means I need to buy two PSPs XD

Alex_Pwns_Hiro
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Alex_Pwns_Hiro »

naw custom firmware supports all psp games. its the same as official firmware but custom can play psx and homebrew games. and you cant downgrade anything ubove 2.71, no one knows out how to yet.

Werefrog
Dragonmaster

Post by Werefrog »

Oh... too bad. I'm sure some tricky hacker will find out soon enough though. Maybe Sony made it more secure this time since they plan on reselling certain PS games. (I bet FF7 will be one of them... doubt Lunar will though).

I find it funny how so many people bought a PSP just for the emulation (a friend of mine for example) considering how hard they were on the people who created Bleem! (a commercial PS emulator). With them losing money on PS3 sales, they should be encouraging the creation of a PS3 emulator.

Also... if I ever get a PS3, I will be sure to download Linux on it, so I can use PS emulators. There's no way I'm paying for a game I already own just because Sony botched the backwards-compatibility on some of the games.

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

An emulator of the PS3 for the PSP? Is that what you meant? Because that would be practically a waste of time and effort, considering the PS3's specs are probably 10 times more powerful and better than the PSP can handle. Remember, the PSP's stats are practically the same as a PS2, while the PS3 is practically a freaking monster of specs.