Where would you live?

This board is for general discussion of Lunar. Especially things such as Lunar merchandise, general discussions about the story that span more than one game, etc.
LuNaRtIc
Bromide Hunter
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Where would you live?

Post by LuNaRtIc »

If you could live anywhere on Lunar, where would it be and why? :D
All Lunar time periods considered. :)

I'm not quite sure where I would live myself, I would have to think about it for a bit. I might be a nomad lol. (Sorry if this topic has been discussed before. Delete it if needed.)
「美しい白い竜 愛しい白い竜…」
My avatar art was done by luleiya! <3

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

Actually, I don't recall a topic like this ever as long as I have been here.

Good topic though! I don't think it is very hard for me to decide, I would certainly want to live in Burg around the same time as Alex and Co (SSSC version, no kiddnapped Phyco here!)

It really is such a lovely villiage, with a beautiful springs, a wonderful home feeling, and access to the white dragon cave. ^_^

LuNaRtIc, I'm surprised you wouldn't want to live on Taben's peak chasing Nall :P

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

This is kind of an interesting topic actually! It's a tough one though. I'd like to say Vane in Lunar 1, because it's such an interesting city, but there are other places I'd probably like too. I love me some mountains, so Burg is an option, but so is Zulan in the mountain pass north of Meribia in Lunar 2.

Really, I'd probably be a traveler, with a ski condo in Zulan, a beach-front house in Meribia, a nice place in Vane and a mountain cottage in Burg. Yeah...
-G1

Imperial Knight
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Imperial Knight »

I like college towns and I'd say that Vane is about the closest Lunar equivalent to a college town, so I'd probably want to live there.

ilovemyguitar
Legendary Hero

Post by ilovemyguitar »

It would probably be nice to live in Nota, since it's so close to the Carnival.

Barring that, I'd probably choose to live in TSS Burg, since if I'm going to have any town's theme blaring in my ear while I go about my business 24/7 I'd want it to be that one. :P

LuNaRtIc
Bromide Hunter

Post by LuNaRtIc »

phyco126 wrote: LuNaRtIc, I'm surprised you wouldn't want to live on Taben's peak chasing Nall :P
Well, realistically, I think I would be too old to live there. :) Besides, I prefer the SSSC timeline over EBC.

In SSSC, I think I would like to live with the Pao tribe. I really like Tempest and Fresca. And I like how Pao is a little more cut off from the rest of the world, hidden in the prairie behind the Illusion Woods. I could ride horses and be called Dances with Dragons lol. xD

In EBC, I would try to take up permanent residence at Taben's Peak. However, if not allowed, I think I would just join the Carnival Troupe and travel all around. Get lost in the woods, try to avoid Althena's Guard, fly and crash The Magic Arrow... :D

Still, lots of other places I wouldn't mind living in.
「美しい白い竜 愛しい白い竜…」

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

Actually, Lunartic, I think "Runs with Dragons" would be a more fitting name.

Me, I'd live in Cadin. TSS continuity, so it's a desert village. Living on the Frontier and scraping by, defending ourselves constantly from the Vile Tribe attacks. Life in a land cut off from Althena's light seems just about right.

Or completely awful. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Post by Sonic# »

I'd probably opt for a place like Iluk. Vane has its allure with the library and everything, and that'd be a good second choice, but I wouldn't be able to resist a whole community of inventors and quirky happenings. And large carrots.
Sonic#

"Than seyde Merlion, "Whethir lyke ye bettir the swerde othir the scawberde?" "I lyke bettir the swerde," seyde Arthure. "Ye ar the more unwyse, for the scawberde ys worth ten of the swerde; for whyles ye have the scawberde uppon you, ye shall lose no blood, be ye never so sore wounded. Therefore kepe well the scawberde allweyes with you." --- Le Morte Darthur, Sir Thomas Malory

"Just as you touch the energy of every life form you meet, so, too, will will their energy strengthen you. Fail to live up to your potential, and you will never win. " --- The Old Man at the End of Time

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

LuNaRtIc wrote: In SSSC, I think I would like to live with the Pao tribe. I really like Tempest and Fresca. And I like how Pao is a little more cut off from the rest of the world, hidden in the prairie behind the Illusion Woods. I could ride horses and be called Dances with Dragons lol. xD
I wouldn't. One little law breaking, one little lie, one little mistake, and you are stuck swinging from a tree by a rope around your neck. *shivers*

Kiz, I would think "Runs After Dragons" would be the best, not so much that it works (as it doesn't sound right) but it would be fitting. XD

You know, I can just picture Sonic# being a nerd with big glasses tinkering about in Iluk, myself relaxing under a tree in the springs in Burg, LuNaRtIc having tomatoes being thrown at her and Nall while trying to teach classes on Taben's Peak, and G1 looking like Laike climbing all the highest peaks in all the land.

Kiz on the other hand, I don't know, I never played TSS, but that scares me.

Kakoloukia
Iluk Crackpot

Post by Kakoloukia »

TSS: Meryod. Frighten travellers with an evil look and telling a nearby friend, "He's got a real purty mouth on him, don't he?" :twisted: Or warn troublemakers, "I'm gonna make you squeal like a pig!"

Nah, I'd live with the Praire Tribe rather than in a specific place. They're nomads so I'd pretty much get to see the whole planet.

EB: The Illusion Woods. Or Horam. Practice Lunarian jeet-kune-do there or something.
Uwe Boll brainstorming for Lunar: Silver Star Movie

Rick Astley as Alex, casting White Dragon Protect.

AnimeJei
Red Dragon Priest

Post by AnimeJei »

Right in the clearing of the Forbidden Forest (SSSC)!! But seriously... the Forbidden Forest.. :wink:
Image"Sample my goods!!"

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

Me, I'd live in Cadin.
I totally knew you were going to say that. You've had a fascination with the villages on the outskirts of the Frontier for ages.
-G1

Benevolent_Ghaleon
BANNED

Post by Benevolent_Ghaleon »

C'mon guys! NOONE else wants to live in Nanza? You'd get to be amidst the zany antics of Kyle!

As for EBC, there is something about the village of Raculi that i really like...dunno why.

LuNaRtIc
Bromide Hunter

Post by LuNaRtIc »

Benevolent_Ghaleon wrote:C'mon guys! NOONE else wants to live in Nanza? You'd get to be amidst the zany antics of Kyle!
And the violent wrath of Jessica no doubt. xD
I think that's why I would like to live elsewhere lol.
「美しい白い竜 愛しい白い竜…」

Benevolent_Ghaleon
BANNED

i'd watch but keep out of her way. plus i wanna see how the cooking is there.

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

Bah, no matter how frightening Jess can be, she is no match for living with two women in very small spaces! One goes on her monthly PMS tour and the other being preggers. Yeah... not pretty my friends.

Anyway, I hope that Pao never developes a mandatory lie detector test... for the sake of some of you XD

See, Burg is pretty laid back. Nanza and Reza, you have to be careful or you'll either get swindled, fought, bullied, or robbed. Vane you have to study a lot and be wealthy and good in magic to live there (SSSC) and with Meribia, you have to deal with City antics. Saith has to sea, Meryond could have termites (haha) and the border towns are a bit, weird.

Burg is down to earth, has mountains, springs, and forests. Close enough access to Saith for fish if they want, it's small so you know everyone, and (SSSC) is absolutely beautiful. Yes, I want to live there. *sigh*

Benevolent_Ghaleon
BANNED

i'm familiar enough with the south to tolerate Meryod people.

AnimeJei
Red Dragon Priest

Post by AnimeJei »

I would have said Vane (SSSC) first but then I'd have to go through the cave of trials and then i'd get lost and it would become my home forever.... did anyone say the Meribian sewers? I bet it's loads of fun down there ^^
Image"Sample my goods!!"

Benevolent_Ghaleon
BANNED

AnimeJei wrote:I would have said Vane (SSSC) first but then I'd have to go through the cave of trials and then i'd get lost and it would become my home forever.... did anyone say the Meribian sewers? I bet it's loads of fun down there ^^
the EB version that ramus had set up would be fun.

AnimeJei
Red Dragon Priest

Post by AnimeJei »

noooo.. not the scary bunny girls! haha
Image"Sample my goods!!"