Who'd be better? In your Opinion

This board is for general discussion of Lunar. Especially things such as Lunar merchandise, general discussions about the story that span more than one game, etc.
Omega
Student of Vane
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Who'd be better? In your Opinion

Post by Omega »

for making the next Lunar title?

Xseed Games?

Or

Ubisoft?
Those who underestimate the power of the human spirit are destined to fail... and that means you, Ghaleon!

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Re: Who'd be better? In your Opinion

Post by Kizyr »

Xseed Games? Why bring them up? It's a bit arbitrary. It's almost as arbitrary to bring up Ubisoft, also, since they've never developed any of the previous Lunar games.

Anyway, neither of them would be any good. Game Arts would be the only company who could deliver a decent (new) Lunar title. But part of it depends on who they have working on it--that is, Shigema, Kubooka, and Iwadare should be involved. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Omega
Student of Vane

Post by Omega »

Sorry, should've said "if the company wanted to team up with somebody for the next lunar?"
Those who underestimate the power of the human spirit are destined to fail... and that means you, Ghaleon!

LunarRaptor
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by LunarRaptor »

Unisoft did make a good Lunar game, Lunar Legend.
"All you have to do is decide what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf the Gray

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

LunarRaptor wrote:Unisoft did make a good Lunar game, Lunar Legend.
Ubisoft never made Lunar: Legend. They were the US publisher and translator.

Media Rings LLC developed Lunar: Legend. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Katze
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Katze »

Obviously, the same people who worked on the SegaCD Lunars and their remakes would be the best people to work on a new Lunar. :wink: Sadly, I'm not sure how possible that is anymore.

LunarRaptor
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by LunarRaptor »

So, one can say Ubisoft adapted it, so, that does count. :mrgreen:
"All you have to do is decide what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf the Gray

Jenner
Dragonmaster

Post by Jenner »

Jenner is tired of remakes, Jenner is tired of her favorite franchise being whored out like a transvestite prostitute. Jenner doesn't believe that the Gaming Industry, as it is today, knows what a decent game is anymore. It's all the same rehashed crap. "That game did well, let's make a game JUST LIKE THAT. Except we'll add a few little things so we can pretend to be innovative!" No. No. No.
The Infamous Jenner!
Maker of Lists.
RIP Coley...
still adore you Kiz.

Angelalex242
Legendary Hero

Post by Angelalex242 »

Honestly? The people on this board could do a better job making a Lunar sequel or prequel then the people who made Dragon Song for real.

I'm not sure which company I'd trust the series with, to be honest.
Don't blame me, Lucia promised me lots of snuggles and cuddles if I would be her PR guy.

Loud Mouth
Student of Vane

Post by Loud Mouth »

I'm not sure I even want a new Lunar game... not after what Lunar:DS put us through.

Besides, I'm not sure there's a localization team better suited to bring Lunar state side other then Working Designs... and they're not around any more last time I checked.

Plus, with this recent trend of DLC... wait... has there even been one True RPG done for either the PS3 or Xbox 360 yet? (I mention those two because I haven't seen DLC for individual Wii games)

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

Dunno, but I would love to see a traditional RPG for something. I mean, HD movies and rich actors are nice eye candy for sure, but what ever happened to 2d RPGS? They had feeling, not to mention they wheren't high speed QUICKOMGDOITNOWGAHYOUDIEDLOL button mashers. You could take in the scenes, do what you wanted, etc.

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."

Loud Mouth
Student of Vane

Post by Loud Mouth »

I know, I miss 2-D games as well. Especially the ones where the animators went through the trouble of animating special sprites for special situations.

Suikoden II comes to mind... they even managed to give their sprites facial expressions in that game... even if it was just changing the height of their eyes. But that's not the best example... they did use a lot of jumping and emotion bubbles... especially when it came to Fitcher... but it is a good example for one that you can take your time in. Especially if you wanna get all 108 characters. Since I'm currently trying to do Clive's quest for the first time, I've managed to get to a Kiba's attack on the castle within seven and a half hours. Usually it takes me around 16 hours to get through that far simply because I stroll about my castle and talk to everyone... it's castle just feels like I could call it a home... drat, I wanna castle now.

I do know that the Wii has a Fire Emblem game... was it any good? I never was much for Tactical games though... even Disgaea manages to best me.

White Shadow
Reza Thief

Post by White Shadow »

Game Arts would do the best job. I imagine Ubisoft would be the company to license it for North American distribution if such a game was made since Working Designs is gone and Ubisoft did the last two Lunar games.

And... who are Xseed Games?

LunarRaptor
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by LunarRaptor »

I think the truth of the matter is that there just isn't much hope that we will ever see another Lunar game as long as we live, to be honest. Andif we do: expect more of what Dragon Song gave us.

Unless some Lunar fans grow to be good game developers, I can't admit to having much hope for the Silver Star having another revolution around the Blue Star.