Lunar Merchandise Magnet

This board is for general discussion of Lunar. Especially things such as Lunar merchandise, general discussions about the story that span more than one game, etc.
captaindax
Red Dragon Priest
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Lunar Merchandise Magnet

Post by captaindax »

Okay so as some of you may know I recently picked up some collector cards off Ebay and really cheap I might add. Then most recently Ebay decides to announce to me that it's found some more stuff I need to buy.

Lunar 2: Eternal Blue Dragon Magazine Guidebook

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0092598783

And just now I'm faced with this

Lunar 2: Eternal Blue Novels 1-3 w/Pinup

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0268714913

What are the odds? Seems like any other time I searched Ebay couldn't find crap besides copies of the game itself. Now I've got to slow down or I'm gona go broke :wink:

So....I know the novels exist but are they pretty rare or fairly common? And anyone know anything about this "pinup"? Is it something that came with one of the novels? I couldn't identify it in the pictures provided.

Edit: The guy already sent me positive feedback for buying and paying for the novels so promptly. Looks like they've been up since the 25th I'm surprised no one grabbed them...
I - am that is

Alunissage
Goddess

Re: Lunar Merchandise Magnet

Post by Alunissage »

I had them on my watch list, but only because I wanted to grab the images of the pics. I have the books themselves, of course, but I don't remember offhand how I got them. Up until a few months ago I would've said that they never show up on eBay, but they have been lately.

My best guess for what he means by "pin-up" is that one or more of the books' covers unfolds so there's a larger piece of artwork inside.

The guide is one of several for EB. I think there were two each for the Saturn and PlayStation versions of EBC. Don't feel like getting up to check right now. I don't recall if there was anything of particular interest in those guides (unless you love comparing things like enemy stats, which I do), but it can be fun just looking through them and seeing what artwork or screenshots they have.

captaindax
Red Dragon Priest

Post by captaindax »

Alunissage wrote:I had them on my watch list, but only because I wanted to grab the images of the pics. I have the books themselves, of course, but I don't remember offhand how I got them. Up until a few months ago I would've said that they never show up on eBay, but they have been lately.

My best guess for what he means by "pin-up" is that one or more of the books' covers unfolds so there's a larger piece of artwork inside.

The guide is one of several for EB. I think there were two each for the Saturn and PlayStation versions of EBC. Don't feel like getting up to check right now. I don't recall if there was anything of particular interest in those guides (unless you love comparing things like enemy stats, which I do), but it can be fun just looking through them and seeing what artwork or screenshots they have.
Yeah I pretty much want them just to look through and for the sake of having them. The Artwork in the novels looks like it'll be cool. I'll probably scan some of it for personal backgrounds on my computer. Or would that be illegal? (though the odds of being caught are quite slim me thinks)
I - am that is

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

captaindax wrote:Yeah I pretty much want them just to look through and for the sake of having them. The Artwork in the novels looks like it'll be cool. I'll probably scan some of it for personal backgrounds on my computer. Or would that be illegal? (though the odds of being caught are quite slim me thinks)
The artwork in the novels is pretty good. We have some lower-res versions on the new novels pages (http://www.lunar-net.com/merchandise/novels.php). Scanning them in for your own personal backgrounds doesn't pose any legal issues.

If you happen to come up with a really nice Lunar-themed background image, feel free to post it, by the way. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

captaindax
Red Dragon Priest

Post by captaindax »

Kizyr wrote:
captaindax wrote:Yeah I pretty much want them just to look through and for the sake of having them. The Artwork in the novels looks like it'll be cool. I'll probably scan some of it for personal backgrounds on my computer. Or would that be illegal? (though the odds of being caught are quite slim me thinks)
The artwork in the novels is pretty good. We have some lower-res versions on the new novels pages (http://www.lunar-net.com/merchandise/novels.php). Scanning them in for your own personal backgrounds doesn't pose any legal issues.

If you happen to come up with a really nice Lunar-themed background image, feel free to post it, by the way. KF
Once I get my scanner going I intend to scan up a bunch of this stuff I've got and produce some high quality high resolution backgrounds for myself, which I'll gladly share if there's interest.
I - am that is

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

Yeah, I still take wallpaper submissions for the site as well, if you've got anything you want posted.
-G1

Nobiyuki77
Legendary Hero

Post by Nobiyuki77 »

I need to take pictures of the two Lunar: The Silver Star strategy guides I found in Osaka. They're pretty nifty (well, I mean they're just strategy guides and all but still, it was a nice little treasure I found... ^^)
-Nobi

captaindax
Red Dragon Priest

Post by captaindax »

I got my Lunar 2 EB Saturn Guide today, which by the way is pretty awesome despite the fact all I can do is look at the pretty pictures. While I was flipping through the pages I found a little scrap of paper with something written in Japanese on it. I was wondering if there was anyone here who could possibly translate it for me?

Sorry about the crappy quality, my scanner has yet to be replaced and that's the best I could do with a web cam.
I - am that is

Kizyr

Post by Kizyr »

captaindax wrote:I got my Lunar 2 EB Saturn Guide today, which by the way is pretty awesome despite the fact all I can do is look at the pretty pictures. While I was flipping through the pages I found a little scrap of paper with something written in Japanese on it.
It says that you need to get a better quality image of it that's actually legible. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

captaindax
Red Dragon Priest

Post by captaindax »

Kizyr wrote:
captaindax wrote:I got my Lunar 2 EB Saturn Guide today, which by the way is pretty awesome despite the fact all I can do is look at the pretty pictures. While I was flipping through the pages I found a little scrap of paper with something written in Japanese on it.
It says that you need to get a better quality image of it that's actually legible. KF
Ha, yeah sorry...like I said my damn scanner bit the dust. Maybe I can find a working one in my pile of misc. computer parts tomorrow and get something decent put together.

Thanks for taking the time to satirically color fade your translation though :wink:
I - am that is

Nobiyuki77
Legendary Hero

Post by Nobiyuki77 »

Finally had some time to take a few pictures of the strategy guides I got in Japan

Rest can be found here (i.e. I'm being lazy)
http://www.studio-zel.com/images/LunarStrategy/
-Nobi

Kizyr

Post by Kizyr »

captaindax wrote:Thanks for taking the time to satirically color fade your translation though :wink:
Heh, sorry. I was trying to figure out the funniest way to say that.
Nobiyuki77 wrote:Finally had some time to take a few pictures of the strategy guides I got in Japan
On the third photo there, would you mind taking a clear shot of the right page--particularly the caption for the Putrid Lunch and Mia's Bromide? KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

You don't have that guide, Kizyr? Which volume is it, Nobi? I or G1 may have an extra.

(This is because I bought the pair for G1 but we had both forgotten that he already had one of them. Of course, I still have the two for G1...)

Hirohiigo Togashi
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Hirohiigo Togashi »

That guy must have multiple copies of the EB novels. I bought them from him as well.

Kizyr

Post by Kizyr »

Alunissage wrote:You don't have that guide, Kizyr? Which volume is it, Nobi? I or G1 may have an extra.

(This is because I bought the pair for G1 but we had both forgotten that he already had one of them. Of course, I still have the two for G1...)
Nah, the only guide I have is the SSS Playstation one. I never really collected guidebooks. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

Alunissage wrote:You don't have that guide, Kizyr? Which volume is it, Nobi? I or G1 may have an extra.

Yeah, I meant to ask you about that. :P Do you need my address?
-G1

captaindax
Red Dragon Priest

Post by captaindax »

Hirohiigo Togashi wrote:That guy must have multiple copies of the EB novels. I bought them from him as well.
Lucky guy. I've never seen so much Lunar stuff on Ebay lately, or maybe I haven't been looking enough.
I - am that is

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

GhaleonOne wrote:Yeah, I meant to ask you about that. :P Do you need my address?
Probably. Yes. I don't know if the last one I had is valid. I have a box now and everything!

Nobiyuki77
Legendary Hero

Post by Nobiyuki77 »

-Nobi

Kizyr

Post by Kizyr »

Nobiyuki77 wrote:Image
Thanks!

Well, I guess that settles it. Mia's Bromide really does do absolutely nothing. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)