Is there an actual translation for tracks on the TSS OST?

This board is for general discussion of Lunar. Especially things such as Lunar merchandise, general discussions about the story that span more than one game, etc.
Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Is there an actual translation for tracks on the TSS OST?

Post by Silver Phoenix »

Alun, I know you debriefed the tracks based on what you know of in-game specifics but did anyone translate the actual title for each track from The Silver Star Japanese OST? I'll double check just to make sure I wasn't just focusing on the description.

I wanted to put titles for my tracks that I ripped to my computer, but all that I have are those damn blank boxes whenever you import an unknown track title in Japanese. I don't know why my computer doesn't even show the katakana/hirigana(sp?)/kanji except when viewing certain webpages, but even then there is a lot of blank boxes.

Temzin
Black Dragon Wizard

Re: Is there an actual translation for tracks on the TSS OST?

Post by Temzin »

Bu, but...it's already right here? http://lunar-net.com/merchandise/soundtracks-tssost.php

edit:
But tell you what, since you've been an extra good kid this year, you can have translations of the explanatations in the parantheses, beyond the main track titles Alun already has up there:

<Arrange>
1. LUNAR
2. The Saga of Silver Star
3. Honky Dance
4. Sensitive Dream
<Original>
5. Opening~LUNAR
6. Setting off on a Journey I (Village of Burg~Luna's Theme<Festival Song>)
7. Setting off on a Journey II (Field I~Battle~Dragon's Cave~Encounter with the White Dragon)
8. Adventure I (Village~Travel by Boat~Travel by Air Balloon~Travel by Airship)
9. Adventure II: (Meribia~Cave~Town~Vheen~Crystal Tower)
10. In the Midst of a Journey I (Luna's Theme<Harp>~Mysterious Premonition~Theme of Sadness~Theme of Anxiety)
11. In the Midst of a Journey II (Encounter with Friends~Shadow of the Enemy~Songstress' Song<Tonedeaf>~Item~Encounter with the Enemy)
12. Overcoming the Trial (Field 2~Tower~Battle with Mid-Boss~The Goddess Tower~Attack by the Mechanical Castle~Mechancial Castle<Tower Interior>)
13. The Final Battle (Battle with Great Boss~Awakening~Far-distant LUNAR)
<Karaoke>
14. LUNAR
15. Sensitive Dream

Double-edit: Oh, and I'd forgotten until just now that Shiva's wonderful Lunar Goods archive already had the tracks listed, plus the composers and arrangers. Excellent! http://moonreading.lunarpages.com/lunar/cd.html
aka Maou

Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter

Post by Silver Phoenix »

Now lie down before me and await your destruction. There is nothing left to save you now...

Is that how you really feel!?

Yes, I was looking for an exact listing and I wasn't sure if the information was exact. I had no intention to dilude the information that anyone has provided. My non-Japanese reading eyes can not discern the text on the back of the jewel case so I wanted to be sure. :oops:

Temzin
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Temzin »

Silver Phoenix wrote:Now lie down before me and await your destruction. There is nothing left to save you now...
Heheh, that was always a favorite line in the American version, even if Zophar is weak and dying by that point in the Japanese script.

Anyhow, no dilution whatsoever! I realized after my first post there that even though Alun already had the track titles up, the paranthetical additions beside each one ("Meribia~etc.") were untranslated, so I just did those in a jiff, as above. So if you combine those with the composer/arranger info that Shiva had put up before, you'll know everything that is written there.
aka Maou

Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter

Post by Silver Phoenix »

It's appreciated, as even I forget where all the music belongs sometimes. I was watching the Let's Plays so I could remember the exact locations and events where all of the songs belonged even though I was 98% sure of the majority. The obscure towns was where I would forget what music went where, as they repeated music from previous locations sometimes.

I just put your descriptions in with the tracklisting as most of the tracks, if not all had no English titles when I put my TSS OST on the computer. Eternal Blue had a few, but I used Shiva's page to put in the English titles.

I didn't bother with putting the composers in, but I could do that at a later time.