Why dont they upload the japanese music CD's online?

This board is for general discussion of Lunar. Especially things such as Lunar merchandise, general discussions about the story that span more than one game, etc.
1down5up
Meryod Yokel
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Why dont they upload the japanese music CD's online?

Post by 1down5up »

Hi, sorry if anyone takes offense to my questions. If people here aren't keen on music downloading I apologize.

I have a long connection to the music, and I'm always going back and trying to find old music I'd lost. A few years ago a bunch of CD's were stolen from my car as well as other stuff. These days finding Japanese mp3s from the Lunar game series is damn near impossible. Then again I could be looking in the wrong place who knows. Seriously if you have any suggestions contact me ASAP!

I'm not sure why this site doesn't upload. The Japanese OSTs have long long been out of print. Why have the lyrics and translations up if no one knows what the songs sound like ? Honestly it just saddens me. :(

Does anyone know if the owners of the site ever plan releasing the music in some way? Even if means just uploading the long forgotten music to other corners of the internet? If the music isnt a reason to appreciate this game series I don't know what is......

Lyriel
Lyton Singer

Re: Why dont they upload the japanese music CD's online?

Post by Lyriel »

1down5up wrote:The Japanese OSTs have long long been out of print.
This does not change the fact that it would be illegal for this (or any) site to distribute the music without the right sort of authorization.
One must only believe that the Light of Hope will always shine brightly.

1down5up
Meryod Yokel

Post by 1down5up »

Lyriel wrote:
1down5up wrote:The Japanese OSTs have long long been out of print.
This does not change the fact that it would be illegal for this (or any) site to distribute the music without the right sort of authorization.

Once again lets pretend for a minute the music doesn't exist anywhere online or in stores.

ITT lets pretend we value music for what it, especially after its disapeared.

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

"ITT"?

The soundtracks are still showing up regularly on Yahoo Auctions Japan, if you can find a way to buy them. Occasionally they show up on eBay.

It's particularly stupid to try to get this site to post soundtracks illegally when there's a game whose Limited Edition includes a soundtrack about to be published. :roll:

Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter

Post by Silver Phoenix »

I too, hope to heed the call of the wind.... er I mean I hate internet acronyms, and don't know where the hell most of them came from and who needs to be slapped for creating them.

ITT = In This Topic

I think certain people would like to get their hands on the much better, original music albums. It's certainly nice to have the soundtracks that come with the game releases, but they never seem to have everything on them.

1down5up, we try to be a family here (dysfunctional as hell) so some of us keep an eye out for Lunar items. Alunissage helped point me in the direction of the Japanese TSS soundtrack, and in turn I also helped others by posting about a listing I found from the same seller. There are other things I'd like that are very hard to find (Alex punching puppet) or the nice Nall stuffed animals. However, rarity and extreme prices hinder my options. All I can say is to keep an eye out, and you'll get lucky.

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

We here at LunarNET don't like the idea of getting cease-and-desist letters.

There are some occasions where we have some samples up of music from the games themselves (see the Music or Music Samples page on the TSS, EB, MSL, etc. pages). But we're not going to be uploading the entire Japanese CDs anytime soon. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)