Lunar PSX Collector's Notes

This board is for general discussion of Lunar. Especially things such as Lunar merchandise, general discussions about the story that span more than one game, etc.
localflick
Black Dragon Wizard
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Lunar PSX Collector's Notes

Post by localflick »

I just found a few links that break down and compare the various psx remakes that came out:

Lunar:
http://www.game-rave.com/psx/playstatio ... index.html

Lunar 2:
http://www.game-rave.com/psx/playstatio ... index.html

It breaks down each version and shows all of the disc art for each, and has a lot of notes about the sets.

Some of the trivia is kind of interesting like for EB:
"The only game in the entire 1280+ PlayStation library that gave the player room to store something not included with the original purchase; owners of the Vanguard Bandits game could move the included Lunar 2 Demo disc over to the cardboard sleeve that housed Lunar 2's Music CD. Once in place, it becomes the only game to ever have both it's real and trial version in the same package!" I noticed that it had the extra slot, but I never looked at it close enough to see what it was for.

ShindoW
Black Dragon Wizard

Re: Lunar PSX Collector's Notes

Post by ShindoW »

That link is cool, Localflick!

I had been hunting for the Lunar 2 demo and finally obtained one fairly cheap.. free really, aside shipping. XD Im esctatic. I want the Lunar SSSC demo as well, but its usually expensive when I see it.

liquidpolicenaut
Red Dragon Priest

Post by liquidpolicenaut »

ShindoW wrote: I had been hunting for the Lunar 2 demo and finally obtained one fairly cheap.. free really, aside shipping. XD Im esctatic. I want the Lunar SSSC demo as well, but its usually expensive when I see it.
Congrats on getting the EBC demo. I always liked having the demo just because you get to see the opening with text over it (ala EB on the Sega CD) rather than having the voice over....
Visit my Youtube site!!
LiquidPolicenauts YouTube Videos

localflick
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by localflick »

ShindoW wrote:That link is cool, Localflick!
Thanks. This info is already on Lunarnet, but it's nice having it all together.

My version of Lunar Silver Star Story Complete is kind of an odd hybrid... I only played EB on Sega CD, and I picked up the remake for psx but somehow I completely missed SSSC until after EB came out. Around that time it was really hard to find a new copy, and I didn't have a lot of money. So eventually I got the "Fan Edition" with the fan art discs but no map, box, making of, or soundtrack. I had a friend that worked at what was an EB Games (I think it's a Gamestop now) and he always thought it was wrong that I was missing all the stuff. One day someone traded in a copy that had all the bonuses in almost mint condition so with his supervisor's permission he gutted it and the game itself was sold in the store and he gave me everything my version was missing so now I have both manuals.

I felt bad for whoever was going to buy the used copy but his response was "if you bought it used would you expect to get the map?" and I wouldn't but it still felt weird.

I swapped the black plastic piece of the cd case with a 4-disc one, and snugly squeezed the second manual in.

It's a very unique version, especially because the soundtrack and making of disc have family video stickers, but I love it.

bananahands
Burg Farmer

Post by bananahands »

ShindoW wrote:That link is cool, Localflick!

I had been hunting for the Lunar 2 demo and finally obtained one fairly cheap.. free really, aside shipping. XD Im esctatic. I want the Lunar SSSC demo as well, but its usually expensive when I see it.
Check eBay, I just picked one up for $15.50 in excellent condition and I remember seeing one for around $40 sealed.

Mike