Lunar Minecraft Anyone?

This board is for general discussion of Lunar. Especially things such as Lunar merchandise, general discussions about the story that span more than one game, etc.
HiroOne
Red Dragon Priest
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Lunar Minecraft Anyone?

Post by HiroOne »

So I'm not sure if the word of minecraft has spread this far...
but I've started hosting a server for some friends of mine just to play around in. It's accessible online. I was thinking.. let's take the lunar community and make a minecraft server where everyone re-creates the lunar world! You can put Vane back in the sky with the broken minecraft physics, create spires, pentigulia, a frozen white dragon's cave, etc.

Ardent Fox
Blue Dragon Ninja

Re: Lunar Minecraft Anyone?

Post by Ardent Fox »

I'm already on a server with a bunch of my friends. Instead of Vane I created a giant floating skull in the sky that has lava running down it's face. On another server he runs we're doing survival multiplayer which is serious business.

AlexAybara
Reza Thief

Post by AlexAybara »

I'd love to join your server. Not sure how much help I'd be in building stuff but I already have my minecraft guy dressed as Dragon Master Alex. XD

LuNaRtIc
Bromide Hunter

Post by LuNaRtIc »

I've wanted to play ever since I heard of Deadmau5 being a fan. Haven't gotten around to signing up yet, but would love to join in on some Lunar Minecraft if I get to it. :3
「美しい白い竜 愛しい白い竜…」
My avatar art was done by luleiya! <3

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Post by Sonic# »

Are you playing using Minecraft Classic or Minecraft Alpha?
Sonic#

"Than seyde Merlion, "Whethir lyke ye bettir the swerde othir the scawberde?" "I lyke bettir the swerde," seyde Arthure. "Ye ar the more unwyse, for the scawberde ys worth ten of the swerde; for whyles ye have the scawberde uppon you, ye shall lose no blood, be ye never so sore wounded. Therefore kepe well the scawberde allweyes with you." --- Le Morte Darthur, Sir Thomas Malory

"Just as you touch the energy of every life form you meet, so, too, will will their energy strengthen you. Fail to live up to your potential, and you will never win. " --- The Old Man at the End of Time

Kitdra
Student of Vane

Post by Kitdra »

I wouldn't mind joining in.. just need links to downloading and stuff

exigence
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by exigence »

have they got it running any better on mac last time i tried it there were a bunch of problems

Sonix
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Sonix »

I haven't played MC for a while, so this would be great. Would definitely join.
"And yet, I've realized that maybe living a "decent" life means you won't ever have a "good" life."

HiroOne
Red Dragon Priest

Post by HiroOne »

Alright, looks like there's an interest. I'll get this set up for everyone. For those new to the game, you can download it from www.minecraft.net. There is a web-based version and a downloadable version for pc or mac. I recommend downloading the game and getting a feel for it in single player mode before trying to create a world. http://www.minecraftwiki.net is a wonderful resource for information about the game. You'll find their crafting guides invaluable: http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Crafting

I'm going to need your minecraft names to add to the whitelist so that people casually browsing these forums don't jump on and wreck the place. I also need some people to pitch in as support team to make sure that the world is being built to proper scale. Finally, you're going to want to choose between Lunar: The Silver Star world or Eternal Blue. (Frankly I like EB due to the spires which are mega fun to replicate in minecraft, but it would be nice to see Vane in the sky again.)

If there are any particular plugins or mods you want, let me know. Also I highly recommend anyone who is good at 3d modeling take a look at this. It will assist you tremendously in re-creating some of the great structures in the lunar world: http://www.patrickmin.com/minecraft/

Kitdra
Student of Vane

Post by Kitdra »

why not combie the 2... like have the towns from both games and stuff?... also... I've tried to make Tabin's (sp?) Tower once inthe L4D map editor... I found a fawl in it... as you go up the areas are pushed back more and more... so for the elevator they have to work, it would need to be going forward a bit or reworked in a way that would strighten the tower out...

AlexAybara
Reza Thief

Post by AlexAybara »

I was thinking the same thing Kitdra was. We should just have both. The map will be a lot bigger though. But a bigger lunar map to explore would be even better right? XD

I was looking at this music mod that plays battle music whenever a monster starts to chase you. I think it can also change the regular minecraft music too. It would be pretty cool to have some lunar music for this server. I might even take some time to set it up, if I can get some free time to mess around with it. My job's been killing me lately.

Also my minecraft name is the same thing as my user name here.

Ardent Fox
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by Ardent Fox »

If you get it set up, then I'll probably pop on occasionally.

ghaleon12
Meribian Merchant

Lunar + Minecraft

Post by ghaleon12 »

Anyone having fun in Minecraft? I've been fiddling with it for awhile....starting thinking, "What more should I build?". And of course, as with everything, Lunar is the answer. How cool would it be to make areas from Lunar? You could make versions of Vane...the Grindery....all in 3D :)

Not that I made this thread with this solely in mind, but could even have a Lunar server. Either way, having a Grindery in my Minecraft world....as fun as it'd be, I think I'd have to hire Taben. >.> I'd pay him whatever though, I want my Grindery.

Kitdra
Student of Vane

Re: Lunar + Minecraft

Post by Kitdra »

Edit: Blanking post due to merge... thanks ^_^
Last edited by Kitdra on Mon Jan 31, 2011 12:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

Merged topics and moved to General Lunar Discussion. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Kitdra
Student of Vane

Post by Kitdra »

ok so I got the Bata version... Lots of fun... can't seem to stop playing now >.< managed to make a treehouse and a rediculisly tall tower... so when is a server going to be up? I'm in build mode now XD

MineCraftname= Kitdra

ghaleon12
Meribian Merchant

Post by ghaleon12 »

That's what I like building, treehouses. If you put a block of dirt on top you can keep building it up. :)

I might attempt to make something Lunar-esque..... Weird Woods wouldn't be too difficult lol.

Kitdra
Student of Vane

Post by Kitdra »

Did you say Treehouse XD

I also got a giant Tower

Got myself a servre and trying to make Hyrule Zelda OoT version... XD

Ardent Fox
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by Ardent Fox »

I wish now I had taken a picture of Spider Skull (floating) Island.

AlexAybara
Reza Thief

Post by AlexAybara »

So uh...I recently went and got my own minecraft server for me and my friends. And my world got recently reset and one of my friends is going to be away for 3 months. My other friend and his friends get on it from time to time but lately not so much. Since im paying 15 dollars a month for this server and I want to keep it I thought I'd let you guys go ahead and join it.

Most of my mods were also deleted. Though my friend may re-install a few to help with building. Also monsters are currently turned off at the moment. But I can turn them back on at any time. I may help remake places from Lunar. But I may also make places from other games too like the Ice Palace from Brave Fencer Musashi, if possible. Or a dungeon from Ocarina of Time.

The server IP is 72.249.148.83:25565

I'll need names though to add to the whitelist. Since i'd hate for some random person to come in and destroy everything.

I also have a team fortress 2 server I just got recently. Still working out some things on it, but the ip for that is 72.249.148.86:27015. Im pretty sure some people here play tf2. Still deciding on some fun maps for it.