ANYTHING NEW????

This board is for general discussion of Lunar. Especially things such as Lunar merchandise, general discussions about the story that span more than one game, etc.
Arcana
Meribian Merchant
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

ANYTHING NEW????

Post by Arcana »

Has their truly been no new word about anything regarding Lunar? I check the site every now and then and find nothing new.

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Re: ANYTHING NEW????

Post by Kizyr »

Arcana wrote:Has their truly been no new word about anything regarding Lunar? I check the site every now and then and find nothing new.
The only new info regarding official Lunar stuff is the iOS game that's still on hold. It's another port of Silver Star Story, but other than a few screenshots there's not a lot more info. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

I have some fanart I need to put up. Not exactly something new for the series, but I really do need to at least update the homepage. It's been nearly a year. I've also been meaning to get a Facebook box somewhere on there to make that more active.
-G1

Kizyr

Post by Kizyr »

And I'm still sitting on like a few years' conventions worth of cosplay. ...it's not a whole lot, but still something to add later... KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Imperial Knight
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Imperial Knight »

Kizyr wrote:another port of Silver Star Story
Why does it feel like this is always the answer to the question of what's new with the series?

Lord Yggdrasill
Lann Fisherman

Post by Lord Yggdrasill »

Honestly speaking Lunar series is not really facing the same situation as other franchises like Valkyrie Profile, which has pretty much concluded and therefore no room is available for a possible sequel. Lunar actually can potentially be a 4 games series in which the protagonist is accompanied by a cat-like baby dragon of each type(White, Red, Blue and Black). The problem is that game arts have yet to produce a single Lunar game other than remakes in ages, let alone the fact that the original developers are nowhere to be found among their current staff team. The way they did with the Lunar DS game proved that the new developing team has little if not zero grasp of the direction Lunar series was supposed to follow.

Kizyr

Post by Kizyr »

Imperial Knight wrote:
Kizyr wrote:another port of Silver Star Story
Why does it feel like this is always the answer to the question of what's new with the series?
I really wish I had an answer for this...

It's why I was initially excited about Lunar: Genesis / Dragon Song. But they seem to view prequels as throwaways and test products, rather than actual installments into the series. At least, given how they (didn't) flesh it out.

I still figure that if Breath of Fire can go so long between 2 and 3, there might still be hope for a third, proper game. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)