Lunar Printing errors.

This board is for general discussion of Lunar. Especially things such as Lunar merchandise, general discussions about the story that span more than one game, etc.
Drathial
Reza Thief
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Lunar Printing errors.

Post by Drathial »

I'm trying to find out if there is any misprints during the production of the games. Bad registration errors with printing? Holo foil misplaced on the boxes?
As a designer I'm very interested in this. I've actually had someone approach me with a rumor of some kind of blue copy of LSSC (I'm not giving this any merit until I can get some kind of confirmation from you guys.)

Also, I'm sorry if there is a thread on this that already exists. Thanks for discussing! Images of any misprints would be really cool to see!

jay_are
Black Dragon Wizard

Re: Lunar Printing errors.

Post by jay_are »

Well hey! I happen to have something to show you.

Picture is not taken by me, I found this on ebay, and I was shocked!

As you can see in the pic, this manual of TSS seems to have 2 covers one on top of the other.
I think the seller explained something about the top cover having something in foil that the cover under it didn't have.
Sadly I have no more pics or proof of what the seller said on the item's description.

It sold for about twice the average price of TSS, which wasn't that much considering how much money crazy people bid for smaller or less rare things.
As much as I love rarities, I didn't care about getting it. But I still saved the pic when I saw it and maybe show it to someone. :lol:
Hope this helps!

Drathial
Reza Thief

Post by Drathial »

That is awesome! Wow, I hadn't seen anything like that. Thanks for sharing that.

It's nifty the kind of things one will find when they look closely at the craftsmanship of an item. I recently started looking at the different discs that came out for .hack and I've seen some with errors. Pretty cool stuff.

jay_are
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by jay_are »

Heheh glad to hear!

Also, I saved that image in April this year, so I went to ebay again last night to look at the completed listings from around that time, no luck :( even though there's some from february...