Lunar 2 signed by John Truitt

This board is for general discussion of Lunar. Especially things such as Lunar merchandise, general discussions about the story that span more than one game, etc.
Dark_Fairy
White Dragon Knight
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Lunar 2 signed by John Truitt

Post by Dark_Fairy »

I was bored and browsing Ebay, noticing how ridiculous the prices for Lunar Eternal Blue on the Sega CD are (seriously, the average price is $80 to $90)...when I saw this auction for Lunar 2 Eternal Blue Complete:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lunar-2-Eternal ... 27d23a825a

While it would be cool to have something signed by John Truitt, I would never pay $150+ for it. I just thought some of you people might be interested in this or would want to see it at the very least.

Temzin
Black Dragon Wizard

Re: Lunar 2 signed by John Truitt

Post by Temzin »

Outstanding inscription! Too bad about the "Kevin" part, though---I don't expect too many people would dig another person's inscription that much, and I'd feel odd about getting rid of it if I were the seller.
aka Maou

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Post by Sonic# »

The name in the signature reminded me of this.

[youtube]http://youtu.be/UFMOpIz9MJc[/youtube]

Perfect if your name is Kevin. I agree, it would feel very weird to have something inscribed to someone else, especially when the person who signed it is still alive.
Sonic#

"Than seyde Merlion, "Whethir lyke ye bettir the swerde othir the scawberde?" "I lyke bettir the swerde," seyde Arthure. "Ye ar the more unwyse, for the scawberde ys worth ten of the swerde; for whyles ye have the scawberde uppon you, ye shall lose no blood, be ye never so sore wounded. Therefore kepe well the scawberde allweyes with you." --- Le Morte Darthur, Sir Thomas Malory

"Just as you touch the energy of every life form you meet, so, too, will will their energy strengthen you. Fail to live up to your potential, and you will never win. " --- The Old Man at the End of Time

Imperial Knight
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Imperial Knight »

Dark_Fairy wrote:I was bored and browsing Ebay, noticing how ridiculous the prices for Lunar Eternal Blue on the Sega CD are (seriously, the average price is $80 to $90)...when I saw this auction for Lunar 2 Eternal Blue Complete:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lunar-2-Eternal ... 27d23a825a

While it would be cool to have something signed by John Truitt, I would never pay $150+ for it. I just thought some of you people might be interested in this or would want to see it at the very least.
Interesting looking at that and some of the related auctions listed on the page. Apparently if you're interested in spending even more, there's a factory sealed SSSC going for $225. There's an auction for disc 2 of SSSC, which I suppose is kind of nice if yours is damaged or missing but still seems a little odd. Also it seems Grandia goes for a lot more than any of its sequels. And it seems collectors really hate Greatest Hits versions because a ton of auctions advertise "black label" even when it's for a game that never got a Greatest Hits re-release.

Arlia
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Arlia »

Greatest Hits labels got cheaper manuals and disk prints. If the original manual was in color, the GH won't be.

I don't have much respect for celebrities. I'd only accept their autograph if they wanted mine for some reason.