A different Magic School Guidebook?

This board is for general discussion of Lunar. Especially things such as Lunar merchandise, general discussions about the story that span more than one game, etc.
Dark_Fairy
White Dragon Knight
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

A different Magic School Guidebook?

Post by Dark_Fairy »

So, I occasionally poke through Ebay when I am bored and I found a Magic School guidebook that I did not see on the main site: http://www.ebay.com/itm/281380137381

The guide listed on the main site has 95 pages. This guide not on the main site apparently has 232 pages, so it is considerably bigger from the sounds of it. I figure someone might be interested in this. I almost got it for myself out of curiosity, but I decided to pass.

Alunissage
Goddess

Re: A different Magic School Guidebook?

Post by Alunissage »

That's a book either Kizyr or I need to buy -- because he's borrowed mine for the past several years. I'd have already bought it if my eBay password hadn't needed resetting; haven't gotten the email to do so yet. :P

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

This is actually the Magical School Lunar TRPG book. It's based on a tabletop gaming system called MAGIUS -- I've seen a few books for that system before, but it's really different from the tabletop systems that I'm used to, so I never quite understood it. We don't have a lot of info on that on the site because... well... ...I haven't really had time to pour through it and figure the thing out...

...and Alun is right, I've kind of had her copy for a few years now >.>... KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Yeah, sorry, I was in a hurry and didn't say what it actually was. Also, I wanted to get a message out to Kizyr about it.

I've lost a lot of time to browsing that vendor's other artbooks. Thanks, DF, for the pointer. I think.

Dark_Fairy
White Dragon Knight

Post by Dark_Fairy »

So, it's for tabletop gaming? The seller just listed it as "RPG Guide book" so I assumed it was just a guide to the game. That's pretty cool though! Didn't know they made something like that for Lunar.

Shiva Indis
White Dragon Knight

Post by Shiva Indis »

Does anybody have the MAGIUS sourcebook? I'm pretty sure you'd need it to properly use the Lunar module.
「まあいいけど。」

Kizyr

Post by Kizyr »

Shiva Indis wrote:Does anybody have the MAGIUS sourcebook? I'm pretty sure you'd need it to properly use the Lunar module.
I've scoured bookstores for it but was never able to find it. I figured it was just an old system (like trying to find D&D 2nd Edition sourcebooks or something), but I know next to nothing about it. (Similarly, I've never been able to find the MSL RPG book in any bookstore either, only online.) KF

(EDIT)
If anyone is curious, here are a couple of resources about the MAGIUS system and the start book on Amazon.
http://rpggeek.com/rpgsystem/1370/magius
http://www.amazon.co.jp/MAGIUS%E3%82%B9 ... 3%E3%82%AF
(I already searched for the start book on eBay and Amazon US... no dice.) KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

I did get my hands on the start book, and will send it to you... somehow. MAGfest is looking pretty dubious for us because of work stuff but I've had some other things to send you for what, four years now?

Kizyr

Post by Kizyr »

Alunissage wrote:I did get my hands on the start book, and will send it to you... somehow. MAGfest is looking pretty dubious for us because of work stuff but I've had some other things to send you for what, four years now?
I forget, will I-Gene be at MAGFest at least? Or, should I just go ahead and mail you the other copy of the MS TRPG book? KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Sadly, we're both going to have to give it a miss this year. :( I-Gene came home from visiting his folks with a nasty flu (despite a flu shot) and missed a week of work, so there's pretty much no way he could take more time off. And yes, I have Package for Kizyr on my to-do list for this year. =D