Ideas for "Lunarizing" other games

This board is for general discussion of Lunar. Especially things such as Lunar merchandise, general discussions about the story that span more than one game, etc.
Leo
BANNED
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Ideas for "Lunarizing" other games

Post by Leo »

Shiva Indis had this to say in another thread and I felt it deserved a thread of its own.
Shiva Indis wrote:This is the inverse of the subject of this thread, but I've been trying to come up with ideas for suitable games to base a Lunar-themed graphics hack on. (As if I had the know-how, let alone the time, to make such a thing.)

But nonetheless, something just came to me -- Itadaki Street. If Torneko fits, so would Ramus. And Lemina. And whatever other characters.
Thoughts? Lunar fans are accustomed to disappointments with the perpetual wait for Lunar 3, Dragon Song happened and the rights are a nightmare. Fans have come in to try to remedy the situation a bit but end up piling another one on when their plans never come to fruition. I think ideas like this seem more possible and also more likely to please people.

Super Lunar Kart would work well for me. I love Mario Kart, there are plenty of locations in Lunar for altering levels to look like them and someone making SNES versions of the audio tracks from Lunar titles would be entertaining as well.

What games would you guys would like to see get the Doki Doki Panic/SMB2 treatment?

jay_are
Black Dragon Wizard

Re: Ideas for "Lunarizing" other games

Post by jay_are »

Hmmm...
*stares at my avatar pic*
Super Mario Bros 3 + Lunar 2 Ambition!

Actually, there is this little PC game called Super Mario War. It's just a similar to Mario Bros game where you jump on your opponent to beat them. It's really fun! It lets you do sprites for it, and so I did Hiro for that game.
Which gave me even more fun seeing Hiro stomping other Hiros... and it made me imagine a whole Super Mario Bros 3 version of Lunar 2. The first world of SMB3 even looks like a desert, which makes me see the connection even more. (even though its called Grass land)
http://cdn.wikimg.net/strategywiki/imag ... abeled.png
But if not that, it could really start on the second world, the real desert.

Then there's the cape in SMW. Are you thinking what I'm thinking? Yup! Hiro could very well fly with that!

Dragon Quest 3 or 4 could be hacked massively into a 4 Hero Story, but that's too big.

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

World of Warcraft. See, we can set it during the Vile Tribe / Everyone Else war 500 years prior to The Silver Star. You could pick from Althena's factions (humans, beastmen, maybe fairies or merfolk too), or the Vile Tribe (magic race like Ghaleon, more demonic-looking like the people in Talon in SSS, or somewhere in between like Taben). There'd be the different worlds -- one side gets reskinned as the Frontier and Stadius Zone, the other as the Marius Zone, Katarina Zone, and Caldor Island. Oh and I have some other ideas for skinner-box replacements with random silver, crests, and other equippable items dropping here and there.

This is an awful idea by the way. Mostly because of my dislike for MMORPGs, though. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Leo
BANNED

Post by Leo »

jay_are wrote:Hmmm...
*stares at my avatar pic*
Super Mario Bros 3 + Lunar 2 Ambition!

Actually, there is this little PC game called Super Mario War. It's just a similar to Mario Bros game where you jump on your opponent to beat them. It's really fun! It lets you do sprites for it, and so I did Hiro for that game.
Which gave me even more fun seeing Hiro stomping other Hiros... and it made me imagine a whole Super Mario Bros 3 version of Lunar 2. The first world of SMB3 even looks like a desert, which makes me see the connection even more. (even though its called Grass land)
http://cdn.wikimg.net/strategywiki/imag ... abeled.png
But if not that, it could really start on the second world, the real desert.
Lunarizing Mario 3? I say use aspects from both games. I'd take the level where the sun chases you and replace it with an infernal ghoul from the beginning of Lunar 2. I'd also have the leaf transform you into either Nall or Ruby.
Kizyr wrote:World of Warcraft. See, we can set it during the Vile Tribe / Everyone Else war 500 years prior to The Silver Star. You could pick from Althena's factions (humans, beastmen, maybe fairies or merfolk too), or the Vile Tribe (magic race like Ghaleon, more demonic-looking like the people in Talon in SSS, or somewhere in between like Taben). There'd be the different worlds -- one side gets reskinned as the Frontier and Stadius Zone, the other as the Marius Zone, Katarina Zone, and Caldor Island. Oh and I have some other ideas for skinner-box replacements with random silver, crests, and other equippable items dropping here and there.

This is an awful idea by the way. Mostly because of my dislike for MMORPGs, though. KF
MMORPGs take something beautiful like gaming and turns it into a chore. Skinner-box is as accurate as it gets for them. I'm glad there isn't a Lunar MMO. I like having a life. lol

I'd like someone to hack Katamari Damacy and set it in Lunar. Imagine the grindery is traveling to Vane to shoot it down and an enormous katamari comes out of left field and rolls it up. :lol: