Lunar :TSS Unidentified Music CD

This board is for general discussion of Lunar. Especially things such as Lunar merchandise, general discussions about the story that span more than one game, etc.
Arlia
Black Dragon Wizard
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Lunar :TSS Unidentified Music CD

Post by Arlia »

I found a soundtrack CD for The Silver Star, but I don't know if it's the "original soundtrack" or not. Which is to say, the disc doesn't say, and it came with no cover. I was hoping that it was a sample, but, never having owned any other soundtracks before, I can't tell just by looking. I searched high and low for a picture of the Mega Drive soundtrack disc that comes in the "sword" artwork case, but wasn't successful. The disc was cheap, so I bought it anyway.

I'm also aware that it could be a bootleg, but the "Studio Alex" and copyright information are holographic, while the characters and logo aren't. They could have at least made a high quality bootleg, and made everything shiny and pretty, but whatever. The tracks are also of good quality.

It has 15 tracks, and they don't sound like what was used in-game, as the sounds a Mega Drive would produce. It sounds like what was used before it had to take a quality cut, to be put on the MD disc.

I'm pretty sure Alunissage is going to tell me it's a regular soundtrack, but, whatever. That's good, too. This is my first time hearing non-MD quality SS tracks.

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Re: Lunar :TSS Unidentified Music CD

Post by Kizyr »

This is apparently the same as this soundtrack:
http://www.lunar-net.com/merchandise/so ... tssost.php
(side note: I'm *way* behind on updating the Soundtrack info on the site... sorry...)

I don't remember what the physical CD looks like off-hand, but I can check once I get home. Some of the CDs looked rather nice; others... were like this and a bit monochrome. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Arlia
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Arlia »

Ah, I meant to say either you or Alunissage would tell me it's that soundtrack, Kizyr, but thank you. The track descriptions match, so it's definitely just a regular soundtrack disc. ...Even though it doesn't just say that on the disc...

It's alright- I was checking Ebay auctions to see if I could just get a picture of the cd, but, no luck, even though I found a few listings. I only spent around $5 on it. It was kind of cheap-looking, so I was hoping it wasn't a regular disc, but it's nice to hear a non-beepy version of the Goddess song.

Thanks again! =D

Leo
BANNED

Post by Leo »

That's pretty awesome!

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

Arlia wrote:Ah, I meant to say either you or Alunissage would tell me it's that soundtrack, Kizyr, but thank you. The track descriptions match, so it's definitely just a regular soundtrack disc. ...Even though it doesn't just say that on the disc...

It's alright- I was checking Ebay auctions to see if I could just get a picture of the cd, but, no luck, even though I found a few listings. I only spent around $5 on it. It was kind of cheap-looking, so I was hoping it wasn't a regular disc, but it's nice to hear a non-beepy version of the Goddess song.

Thanks again! =D
I double checked, and that is the actual Lunar TSS soundtrack in the previous link (and, it doesn't ever say on the actual CD/booklet that it's the "official" OST -- but it's the only non-drama one of TSS). Here is a shot of the CD itself:
2015-05-22 22.22.51.jpg
2015-05-22 22.22.51.jpg (402.17 KiB) Viewed 12687 times
The low cost was possibly because yours was a CD only (no book or case), so it's less valuable as a collector's item. As you said, the hologram makes me believe it's legit. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Arlia
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Arlia »

Yes, it was definitely cheap because it was loose, but I was hoping that it was a sample or demo, or something. If it was, maybe it wouldn't have been manufactured with a case/inserts, and that would explain it's minimalist look.

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Yeah, that looks like the OST to me. Which is nothing to sneeze at, especially at that price. ^_^

Arlia
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Arlia »

It is and it isn't... The backside has some horrible scratches, heh.... But it plays fine.