Seeking Eternal Blue Mail-In

This board is for general discussion of Lunar. Especially things such as Lunar merchandise, general discussions about the story that span more than one game, etc.
ssdninja
Reza Thief
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Seeking Eternal Blue Mail-In

Post by ssdninja »

Figured now is good a time as any.

So this is my white whale and I've been turning over every stone I can to find it. The mail-in poster for Eternal Blue from the strategy guide. I know it's a rare find and I'm definitely willing to pay. I just can't take the daily ebay searching anymore :|

I'll put a picture below I found from Limited Run forums. It's one of the few actual pictures of the poster I've found. I think both there and here have turned up posters for people so hopefully a miracle happens. I'll even offer bounties for people that can just get me in touch with someone that is willing to sell. Any information is appreciated <3 <3 <3
CmQF7brVYAAF-4d.jpg
CmQF7brVYAAF-4d.jpg (152.14 KiB) Viewed 38631 times

AkagisWhiteComet
Red Dragon Priest

Re: Seeking Eternal Blue Mail-In

Post by AkagisWhiteComet »

You mean the Working Designs's mail in from the official guide, right? Oh I wish you the absolute of best luck with that. When I quickly found out how much just the guide itself sold for used right after I bought mine there was no way I was going to send that mail in card from the back of it. I was so glad I paid $20 new for that guide because I've seen it sell +$100 even used.

ssdninja
Reza Thief

Post by ssdninja »

Yeah Eternal Blue stuff is definitely more rare and a bit more expensive as a result. I could have mailed away for this at the time too but I didn't for whatever reason. It's how I got my mail in for Silver Star.

I know there's at least one out there for me though. There has to be :(

Temzin
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Temzin »

Sorry it's been a struggle! If you're looking not as a merchandise collector but as someone who likes the art, you could do worse than to take some of the higher-quality Lunar-Net images and blow them up at Poster Burner or your local office store/FedEx/7-11/depending on your country. The other prime source is probably to keep an eye for when Victor Ireland resurfaces (I gather 2018 was a rough surgery year), since I recall him having various treasures stowed away from his personal collection back in the day. Good luck!
aka Maou

ssdninja
Reza Thief

Post by ssdninja »

I definitely like the art, but this is probably the one thing where I really want to have the original. I've had the image of Sophia from Xenogears done in the method you described above and it did turn out amazing but Lunar stuff just has to be real deal ;_;

Contacting Ireland would be an amazing way to get this item but I wouldn't even know where to look for him. I can't seem to find social media for him anywhere. Was he active here at one time?

Thanks for the support and well wishes <3

Temzin
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Temzin »

A Sophia portrait---how classy! Vic used to be pretty active on his Gaijinworks forum and I recall him posting stuff for sale at other spots online in the past, but I think some health stuff has kept him offline for a while. Keep an eye there, I say!
aka Maou

ssdninja
Reza Thief

Post by ssdninja »

Yeah it turned out really nice! Here's a picture of it.

I tried to make an account at Gaijinworks but my account hasn't been activated. I'm going to try and email their customer service now and see if I can catch that miracle lucky break.

[img]
54409205_10100607474944115_4392297181982228480_n.jpg
54409205_10100607474944115_4392297181982228480_n.jpg (26.93 KiB) Viewed 38474 times
[/img]

Temzin
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Temzin »

Pretty sharp! Reminds me that there's only a few notable "paintings within games" that come to mind...naturally, the TSS portrait of Althena from the Goddess Tower, more frequently seen in Alun's profile, is the other!
aka Maou

ssdninja
Reza Thief

Post by ssdninja »

Well I never got access to GaijinWorks forums so I emailed the customer service email and gave out the spiel. Haven't heard back yet and kinda don't think I will so it's looking like this phase of the search might be pittering out. Gonna stick with daily ebay searches and hope it pops up

MaroonChan
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by MaroonChan »

One of the things I regretted not getting. The saddens of laziness. XD

ssdninja
Reza Thief

Post by ssdninja »

I'm still looking :D Been checking ebay every day, tried emailing gaijinworks a couple times but no response. Here's hoping it'll come through someday :(

ssdninja
Reza Thief

Post by ssdninja »

Just got word of someone who sold a poster recently :( Feels like a gut punch, finally got close to one.

ssdninja
Reza Thief

Post by ssdninja »

Update just because I like logging my quest for this somewhere. Contacted Vic through ebay and he told me he did not have one and directed me to Kelly. Contacted her through ebay as well but haven't heard back. Decided to pick up the other WD posters the guys was selling, I figure they can be nice display pieces or trade material potentially. Got a second Silver Star poster, a Vay poster, and a Vanguard Bandits poster. Pretty nice condition on them too.

The search continues :(

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Glad you were able to contact Vic and Kelly. I knew both of them waaaay back in the day and have been wondering how they've been doing.

ssdninja
Reza Thief

Post by ssdninja »

Yeah I was surprised with how fast he contacted me back, it was probably within a couple of hours. When/if I hear back from Kelly I'll let you know too, but I'm thinking I might have to follow up with that contact in a few weeks in case it got missed.

I contacted another member of the site who was one and asked to keep me in mind. They weren't selling of course but it's energizing to have spoken with someone now who owns one. They're out there!

ssdninja
Reza Thief

Post by ssdninja »

Happy 2021! Still on the lookout for this poster :(

No new updates regarding the search, just been checking the usual spots. Did try asking the Limited Run discord, found someone willing to help look but they didn't really find any leads either. So I've got feelers out there but nothing concrete yet.

I do have an unrelated update - in October I was fixing my car and was randomly targeted in a drive by, got shot twice ;_; luckily was pretty minor as far gunshots go but definitely was an experience I wouldn't recommend 8-)

Hope everyone made it out of 2020 safe and healthy! Please let me know if anyone has information regarding one of these, I still have an offer open for leads that pay off. All the best <3

ssdninja
Reza Thief

Post by ssdninja »

Well - got a poster, but it's not an official one. Guessing it was done at Kinkos or something, quality is okay, but it's a smaller size (24 x 18) and doesn't have that WD watermark thing that was on the back of the official posters. Nice to have something hanging up to give me some motivation, but still not the real thing :( The search continues

ssdninja
Reza Thief

Post by ssdninja »

Just realized I passed my two year mark on this post looking for the poster. I'm still on it! No new leads or anything but I hope something turns up. Hope everyone has been safe out there!

ssdninja
Reza Thief

Post by ssdninja »

Still looking :) No updates yet, but I know a streamer about to play through eternal blue and might put in an ad with him to say I'm looking for one lolol

Weirder things have happened I suppose :D

Ηiro
Lostest Boy

Post by Ηiro »

I'm just here to wish you some encouragement! What a beautiful endeavor for such a wonderful game and experience... have strength.