Blue Spire, Dragon Spire, and Silver Spire

This board is for general discussion of Lunar. Especially things such as Lunar merchandise, general discussions about the story that span more than one game, etc.
DaWrestla
Red Dragon Priest
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Blue Spire, Dragon Spire, and Silver Spire

Post by DaWrestla »

Question: If the Blue Spire is the means that Lucia comes to Lunar...and if the Dragon Spire (can't remember if that's the exact name) is the means Hiro travels to the Blue Star...then where are the Blue Spire and Dragon Spire in SSSC/Lunar 1?

Also, where is the Silver Spire in Lunar 2?

And I'm assuming none of the three are in Lunar: DS.

What gives, people? Please fix this for me :(

Lunar Eclipse
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Lunar Eclipse »

The Silver Spire was ruined in the crash of Vane, so it's not there anymore in Eternal Blue. In Dragon Song, Vane hasn't risen to the skies yet, so the Silver Spire hasn't even been constructed.

The Blue Spire and Star Dragon Tower are more difficult to explain since I don't think reasons are actually given. I suppose that it's possible that they were "hidden" much like the Fortress of Althena since, at the time, the people of Lunar wouldn't need access to them. They perhaps appeared gradually as the time for their necessity drew near. Not quite sure how that would happen, but yeah, that's my supposition.
Let those who war with life forfeit their own! -- Mareg, Grandia II

DevNall
Blue Dragon Ninja

Re: Blue Spire, Dragon Spire, and Silver Spire

Post by DevNall »

DaWrestla wrote:Question: If the Blue Spire is the means that Lucia comes to Lunar...and if the Dragon Spire (can't remember if that's the exact name) is the means Hiro travels to the Blue Star...then where are the Blue Spire and Dragon Spire in SSSC/Lunar 1?

From what correlation I've been able to do (thus far), I would assume they are in areas of the worldmap that you can't see from what's accessible in Lunar 1.

DaWrestla wrote:Also, where is the Silver Spire in Lunar 2?

Maybe it was destroyed when Vane fell?

DaWrestla wrote:And I'm assuming none of the three are in Lunar: DS.

Nope.

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

In the original EB, one dragon eye is found in the Sunken Tower, located near the White Dragon Cave. However, it's not visible until you talk to Nall in the Epilogue, at which point he makes it visible. (I wondered if it might have been the lighthouse in TSS, but that's only because they were kind of close together. I also speculated that Luna made her recording there, although I forget if I had any reason for that.) The Blue Spire and Star Dragon Tower could have been concealed similarly, or, as DevNall said, were just in locations that weren't visited by the party in Lunar 1. Hard to say for DS since there's rather too much water and not enough land; I suppose they could have been submerged at that point. (Sidenote: isn't the only cold spot in the game the White Dragon cave? Burg's in an area with snowy mountains, isn't it? Climate shift, I guess; the whole of Caldor is under snow in EB.)

I think the last is most likely, and the Vheen manga supports this, as there's a pic with what looks like the Blue Spire in the background.

I remember at least one tower being bricked up in eB Vane, perhaps from structural instability. Was it only one, or both that were like that?

Kale
Student of Vane

Post by Kale »

I dont remember anything about the Silver and Dragon Spire's. then again, I never fully completed the epilogue (thanks to PSXMC). So could you guys please fill me in ><
"I hate to look a gift horse in the mouth but...What kind of Cheesy poof is that!?"
~Ruby, Lunar 2 Eternal Blue after meeting Mystere

Lunar Eclipse
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Lunar Eclipse »

The Silver Spire is from Vane in TSS/SSS. I know that there were actually two in SSS (Silver Spire and Crystal Spire). I also know that there were two in TSS, but I can't remember if they have different names or not. The Star Dragon Tower is from EB's epilogue and is one of the few paths to the Blue Star (the Fortress of Althena and the Blue Spire being the other two).
Let those who war with life forfeit their own! -- Mareg, Grandia II

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

The two towers in Vane are the Silver Spire and the Crystal Tower. I don't know why only one is being discussed when they come as a set. And to be nitpicky, we don't know if the Fortress was a path to the Blue Star, just from.

There was also Damon's Spire, since people seem to be fond of the word. But it had no significance of travelling, of course. Then again, neither did Vane's towers.

DaWrestla
Red Dragon Priest

Post by DaWrestla »

You know, I actually suppose that Luna and the 5 heroes could have built the blue spire and dragon star tower after Lunar 1. I think this could work with the blue spire, but maybe not the dst. So maybe it had something to do with them being hidden somehow..either simply not on the world map shown to the player in Lunar 1...or being hidden by the 4 dragons.

Angelalex242
Legendary Hero

Post by Angelalex242 »

Althena very likely did build the Blue Spire back in antiquity, when Dragonmaster Louie was still around.

She probably did not build the Star Dragon Tower. The Star Dragon probably constructed it himself. The Crystal is 'the Star Dragon's power' as it's put in the epilogue.

It's his tower, so he's also the one hiding it.
By contrast, the Blue Spire was likely hidden by Althena until she died for good. At which point it was there, but sealed by Dragon Eyes and protected by Guardians. Not that Guardians do much good when Leo's got the Destiny, and when a kid and an old man can take out one all by themselves...so it was mostly the Dragon Eyes doing the sealing.
Don't blame me, Lucia promised me lots of snuggles and cuddles if I would be her PR guy.

DevNall
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by DevNall »

Sounds about right; this is written about the Blue Spire:

THE ENTRANCE WAS SEALED
TIGHT WITH POWERFUL MAGIC,

AND NO ONE HAS SEEN THE
INTERIOR OF THE TOWER FOR
HUNDREDS OF YEARS.

DaWrestla
Red Dragon Priest

Post by DaWrestla »

Posted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 9:25 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Althena very likely did build the Blue Spire back in antiquity, when Dragonmaster Louie was still around.

She probably did not build the Star Dragon Tower. The Star Dragon probably constructed it himself. The Crystal is 'the Star Dragon's power' as it's put in the epilogue.

It's his tower, so he's also the one hiding it.
By contrast, the Blue Spire was likely hidden by Althena until she died for good. At which point it was there, but sealed by Dragon Eyes and protected by Guardians. Not that Guardians do much good when Leo's got the Destiny, and when a kid and an old man can take out one all by themselves...so it was mostly the Dragon Eyes doing the sealing.

Makes sense to me. The Star Dragon wouldn't have built the tower during TSS/SSSC because he wasn't around to do so, which could explain why he is never mentioned. That, or he could have hidden it. But I assume it's more the former.

And I'll go with the Blue Spire was built in Antiquity and was hidden until Althena died/left, at which point it was revealed, but still closed becuase of the dragon eyes.

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

As I said earlier, the Blue Spire is in the Vheen manga in the background as young Ghaleon is reading a letter. This does not make it very likely that it was hidden. Sealed, yes. Though it's a funny seal...putting the eyes in is what opens it. So it was sealed by just removing the eyes and sticking them in some interior dragon statue in another dungeon? That doesn't seem very secure.

Is it ever said that only four dragons helped terraform the world with Althena (other than that pic at the beginning of DS)? I don't know if there's reason to assume that the Star Dragon did not exist at that time and therefore that the Star Dragon Tower did not exist at that time. It seems more likely to me that the Blue Spire and the Star Dragon Tower would be of similar vintage. Hah, the SDT could even have existed for the purpose of Althena travelling to the Blue Star, even if the need never arose.

Or maybe Dragonmaster Neil of the Strong Arm (who somehow changed his name to Louie) is really the Star Dragon. :P

Angelalex242
Legendary Hero

Post by Angelalex242 »

Hey, it worked for 1000 years+. And the Dragon Ruins had tougher enemies in it then Zophar's Domain itself. It's not like those jewels weren't pretty darn well guarded. I bet people even tried placing that jewel in the Blue Spire before, found it didn't work alone, and called it a fraud. Likewise, the second Star Pupil guarded by the Water Guardian. Pretty safe in there. It's just that one random Dragon's Eye that was apparently for sale in Nota that wasn't well guarded. And even with that one floating around, it did the job.
Don't blame me, Lucia promised me lots of snuggles and cuddles if I would be her PR guy.

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

The Dragon Ruins had tougher enemies because it's later in the game. :roll: If they were so tough, how did level-1 Hiro get in to take the first eye, as we see him doing at the beginning of the game?

DevNall
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by DevNall »

Alunissage wrote:The Dragon Ruins had tougher enemies because it's later in the game. :roll: If they were so tough, how did level-1 Hiro get in to take the first eye, as we see him doing at the beginning of the game?

Clearly, he ran. Which is apparently much easier in 2000 years.

(But Alunissage is right, enemy difficulty and RPG battle on the whole, make no sense if you think about it. It's all done for purely gameplay reasons.)

Arcana
Meribian Merchant

Post by Arcana »

in the orginal EB there was no star dragon there was the Sentry, you fought him 3 times, at the bandit butte, sunken tower and the star tower. what was his purpose?
And also why was the dragon ruins built