character connections

This board is for general discussion of Lunar. Especially things such as Lunar merchandise, general discussions about the story that span more than one game, etc.
Hiro-67
Student of Vane
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

character connections

Post by Hiro-67 »

i was playing through lunar 2 again and in the begining, some very interesting things stuck out to me as questionable. i found two things so far:

when lucia is first on your team and zophar makes his first "apperarance" if you will, zophar says to lucia: " its been a long time lucia, ... you havent stayed in touch..." so i ask you this: what is the history of zophar and lucia? a theory that i have come up with is that long, long ago before dragon song and everything the blue star was once a thriving planet, with lucia being its protector or goddess. then comes zophar doing the whole "bad guy" thing and is succesful by destroying the blue star until its the barren waste land that we all know and love. just a thought, so when it comes time for zophars arrival to lunar, lucia goes there to warn althena in hopes of defeating zophar at witch she previosly failed at.

Also, when you are in Ronfars house for the very first time and leo pays a visit while you are in the bedroom hiding with lucia, leo and ronfar talk about how they havent seen eachother in a long time. the exact words are: " what brings you to the den of theives known as larpa?"
My question: was reza in SSS the original larpa? den of thives...
im not sure if its refered to that in SSS, but i remember somthing along the lines of reza being a theifs town. now i know that contanant shifts and what not appear in all the lunar games as well as new towns, cities, whatever. so could larpa be the neo-reza?

so i will post anymore interesting things that i come about, but for now please share your opinions or tell me if these things are explained later in the game and that im just blabbering becuase i havent played this game in about 2 years and kinda dont remember some details...

so please share your thoughts!

Angelalex242
Legendary Hero

Post by Angelalex242 »

Not quite.

In Lunar 2, Althena nukes Zophar personally, then takes humanity to the Silver Star...or Lunar, leaving Lucia behind in Crystal.

Before doing that, however...well, it's Lucia's game, but the people are shown appealing only to Althena, not to the pair of them.

And before Lucia can nuke Zophar herself, she has to and does claim Althena's power.

The clash of the Titans of old was Althena vs. Zophar, not Lucia vs. Zophar. Though history would've repeated itself and the Silver Star would've been destroyed if Lucia had nuked Zophar.

As for Reza being Larpa? It's not in the same place on the map. It's not even close. But it's certainly a town of thieves much like Reza. People of ill character do tend to flock together, as it goes.
Don't blame me, Lucia promised me lots of snuggles and cuddles if I would be her PR guy.

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Interesting Reza/Larpa theory. I don't know that it's so geographically improbable. However, if Meribia and Vane kept their names throughout all that time, I'd expect Reza to as well if it continued to exist. Leo might have only been referring to the mayor, though come to think of it most of the NPCs in his mansion were a bit off, weren't they?

ilovemyguitar
Legendary Hero

Post by ilovemyguitar »

Reza changing its name to Larpa at some point isn't too much of a stretch. Neither town was a very, like Vane and Meribia are.

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

Larpa was big on gambling; Reza was big on theiving. Leo was making a disparaging remark about Larpa, more than anything intentionally connecting it to a 1000-year old city.

Their locations on the map make it really unlikely that they're the same city. Where Reza was is most likely part of the map that's underwater (west of the Forest of Illusion). If not in the Frontier, Larpa would be somewhere in the Stadius Zone. Reza was well in Marius. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Hiro-67
Student of Vane

Post by Hiro-67 »

reza could have moved its town due to continent shifts, i think someone said that if it were in the same place it would be under water by now..., mabye reza moved due to the sea level... then instead of making a new reza, they just made Larpa.

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Having more than one town with rogues in it is a LOT more likely, though. :P

Hiro-67
Student of Vane

Post by Hiro-67 »

Alunissage wrote:Having more than one town with rogues in it is a LOT more likely, though. :P

?

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

It's more likely that a separate town totally independent from the first would have people that would inspire Leo to call it a "den of thieves" than for the first town to change its name and move some distance. There are always people like that.

Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter

Post by Silver Phoenix »

Larpa and Reza are completely separate entities, and the geography of both towns is completely different. Larpa has different elevations, and Reza was on a flat area of land. I don't want to hear excavation comments, or town remodeling, because you're just going to be grasping at straws. Reza was more than a den of thieves, it was a complete lifestyle in that town. Larpa just had boozers, gamblers, and crooks.

MiaOne
Dragonmaster

Post by MiaOne »

I always though Larpa was located in The Frontier (from TSS/SSSC)...I mean the desert around there is about as barren as it gets. :P
Lunar: Dragon Song sucked

Nicole Reannin Elgan-Moore
We will always remember...

Angelalex242
Legendary Hero

Post by Angelalex242 »

Devnall and I did some research on that.

Larpa is about where Tamur was, and Pao is somewhere in the desert, if you assume the world wraps around cleanly. (Lunar is round!)

Tamur was the city closest to the Frontier, so it's conceivable that the Blue Spire is where the Fronteir was. Though why Althena would put it in the middle of the Frontier is anybody's guess.
Don't blame me, Lucia promised me lots of snuggles and cuddles if I would be her PR guy.

MiaOne
Dragonmaster

Post by MiaOne »

Pao in the desert? I could see that maybe for TSS, but in SSSC Pao butts up against a forest that looks like it could definitely be the Illusion Woods/Forest of EB/EBC.

I always thought that Takkar (sp maybe) was the old residence of Tamur.

Angelalex242
Legendary Hero

Post by Angelalex242 »

That's what I orginally thought, that Takkar and Tamur were the same thing.

Map research proved that idea wrong, sadly.

DevNall
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by DevNall »

MiaOne wrote:Pao in the desert? I could see that maybe for TSS, but in SSSC Pao butts up against a forest that looks like it could definitely be the Illusion Woods/Forest of EB/EBC.

This was done based on TSS vs. EB; the only SSSC vs. EBC comparisons I've done are solely the western half of the worldmap.

And again, that note is if you assume the worldmap wraps around, which changes things is interesting ways.

MiaOne
Dragonmaster

Post by MiaOne »

Oh. Well, I just don't see how Pao was in a desert in either TSS or SSSC. I guess things could of changed drastically, I can see that. But, you never know..Takkar could of been Tamur or it could not. I think I have to play these games over again.

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

MiaOne wrote:Oh. Well, I just don't see how Pao was in a desert in either TSS or SSSC. I guess things could of changed drastically, I can see that. But, you never know..Takkar could of been Tamur or it could not. I think I have to play these games over again.

Going by TSS, Takkar and Tamur are roughly in the same place. Though, the big change is that a forest instead of an immense mountain range separates it from the desert. The Madoria Plains I suspect is about the same area as the plains in Pao--again, with some geographical changes.

I haven't gone into some geographical comparisons in a while, though. There's some new stuff I could consider now, particularly with how the EB map of the eastern hemisphere can kind of square with the way the main continent in TSS looks. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

localflick
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by localflick »

When Ronfar mentioned Larpa as a "den of thieves" I think he was just trying to say it's a town that has thieves. I think they (the gamemakers/scenario writers) were trying to establish the fact that it's not a normal town, and is populated with gamblers, crooks and other characters like that.

But if you want to drag out theories of ties it has with Reza, how's this?

Somewhere along the line someone came to Reza and decided to fix the lawlessness, and make it a safe town again. So they set up a law enforcement agency. People enforced the laws, and filled prisons to the point where there were more criminals then they had room for. So they sent the criminals elsewhere, sort of like what England did with Austrailia. The criminals were sent out to the desert in the middle of no where. Years went by, and generations later the town became known as "Larpa." As for Reza, no one wanted to move there even though it was made a safe place to live. The reputation the town had scared any potential newcomers away, and in time it became a barren forgotten town. Centuries passed by and it simply ceased to exist, only appearing in well-preserved ancient texts in Vane's library, and Gwyn's basement.

...or it's just a den of thieves and we can leave it at that. :wink: