LunarNET Lunar: Harmony of Silver Star Section Goes Live!

The latest LunarNET news that shows up on the frontpage. All replies to topics here will show up as comments on the homepage. Forum rules are more strictly adhered to on these posts.
GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

LunarNET Lunar: Harmony of Silver Star Section Goes Live!

Post by GhaleonOne »

This new section at LunarNET includes new screenshots courtesy of Famitsuu's website. Unfortunately that's about all it contains so far, as GungHo only released a splash page for their official site last night. Still, the artwork is gorgeous, the new screenshots are showing some amazing progress, and we're finally getting a new Lunar title!

We can also deduct a little bit of gameplay details from looking at these screenshots. First, the screenshot of Alex wandering through a forest shows that enemies are visible on the map. This is much like the Saturn and Playstation remakes, and less like TSS, EB and Legend, which had random battle encounters. Also, the world map looks much like Lunar Legend, meaning fans of roaming around large world maps like in the original titles will be disappointed. However, the screenshot of the map looks highly detailed, so at least it will be a joy to look at! As Kizyr stated in his Famitsuu magazine translation, the towns and dungeons have an isometric viewpoint, like in Lunar Genesis (Dragon Song). Also mentioned in Kizyr's translation that has been overlooked by most fans is the fact that the battle system seems to resemble more of the original TSS, EB and it's Saturn/Playstation remakes than newer titles. Characters will now have movement on the battlefield from the looks of these screenshots, which should be a positive to those of us that enjoyed that combat system. Also mentioned, in regards to the storyline, more of the backstory of the game will be revealed. All in all, the game is shaping up quite nicely, and personally, I think this will be the best Lunar title since the Playstation remakes based on what we've seen so far. With GameArts handling the development, I have more faith than in the previous Lunar installment.

To view the new subsection, check out http://www.lunar-net.com/hoss/. I will be updating this section as soon as any new materials come along. So check back often!

Screenshot source: Famitsuu
-G1

Alunissage
Goddess

Re: LunarNET Lunar: Harmony of Silver Star Section Goes Live!

Post by Alunissage »

I think the reason no one's said much about the battle system is that it's what we consider the default Lunar one. Legend and DS were aberrations.

Note also the presence of a gauge bar reminiscent of Legend's, though, as one refinement.

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Re: LunarNET Lunar: Harmony of Silver Star Section Goes Live!

Post by GhaleonOne »

It's one of the changes I hated a great deal about LL and DS. I played TSS super underleveled once, and I killed the Black Dragon with a physical attack from Mia with 1 HP left on her. She was the only one left standing because I put them all in a corner.
-G1