Lunar: Silver Star Harmony demo in the PSN store!

The latest LunarNET news that shows up on the frontpage. All replies to topics here will show up as comments on the homepage. Forum rules are more strictly adhered to on these posts.
GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Lunar: Silver Star Harmony demo in the PSN store!

Post by GhaleonOne »

If you haven't heard, the English demo for LUNAR: Silver Star Harmony is in the PSN store! So if you have a PSP, go download now!

Thanks to Sagagadego'09 for the tip-off.
-G1

Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter

Re: Lunar: Silver Star Harmony demo in the PSN store!

Post by Silver Phoenix »

Maybe I have a reason to finally put the battery in my new PSP and charge the damn system. Poor Gran Turismo and Dissidia sit untouched.

The life of a gamer, procrastination.

Snipes101
Nanza Bandit

Post by Snipes101 »

Glad to see the US version finally up. Downloading now :D

AlasdairPalemoon
Red Dragon Priest

Post by AlasdairPalemoon »

I'm really liking how the game is looking so far. The backgrounds are vibrant and well detailed, the battle animations are ultra smooth and the music arrangements are very well done so far. My one (minor) complaint is how the music fades out when going to a new screen but hopefully that's just a bug (the disclaimer at the beginning said there would be bugs). It's also really nice to see Working Designs' translation carry over in many ways as XSEED promised.

I can't wait until it's full release :)

The Grey Ghost
NPC

Post by The Grey Ghost »

Anyone know exactly how the demo's save file is compatible with the full version? Does it only unlock special features or can you continue on from where the demo ends?

I ask because the demo seems to have no level cap, like the Working Designs demo disc did. I'm up to level 14 in the White Dragon cave and when the full game ships in a month, I should be able to walk around like mini gods. :p

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

The Grey Ghost wrote:Anyone know exactly how the demo's save file is compatible with the full version? Does it only unlock special features or can you continue on from where the demo ends?

I ask because the demo seems to have no level cap, like the Working Designs demo disc did. I'm up to level 14 in the White Dragon cave and when the full game ships in a month, I should be able to walk around like mini gods. :p
You don't actually continue from where the save leaves off. You just save a file that indicates that you completed the demo, and from there, there's a special item unlocked.

I don't know for certain, but I'm assuming it's the same as the Japanese version, where you get a special item for Luna at the beginning of the game thanks to the clear data. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Monde Luna
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by Monde Luna »

On Lunar SSH's facebook page it says you get a piece of equipment for completing the demo.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Lunar-Sil ... 997?ref=ts

Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter

Post by Silver Phoenix »

As I've stated in another thread, this comes directly from XSEED's email advertisement.

[i] By having the demo clear data on their Memory Stick Duo, players will have bonus starting equipment when playing the full version of the game when it is released shortly.[/i]

It's hard to say whether this is one or more pieces of equipment. Luna got a more powerful sling in the Japanese release when transferring the clear save data into the full game.