Silver Star Story being remade for PSP

For discussion of Lunar: Silver Star Harmony, the PSP remake of Lunar 1
Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Re: Silver Star Story being remade for PSP

Post by Kizyr »

Ana wrote:I just saw some higher quality scans for this. Nice to get a closer look. They're right under the Monster Hunter 3 scans.
http://www.true-gaming.net/home/?p=1045
Oh excellent; these will be easier to translate from.

As I said, translation will be around this evening after work.
Sonix wrote:Remember this?
That thread reminds me how I always tend to be wrong whenever I'm dismissive of the possibility of another Lunar. Well, more specifically, whenever I'm dismissive of the possibility of another Lunar on a specific console/system.

...by the way, there's no possibility that a Lunar game will ever come out for the Wii. I stand by that statement.
DragonmasterDan wrote:
Lunar Eclipse wrote:I'm sure they could, but I'm also sure that at least some of the script will be rewritten. But who knows. Maybe the script will remain the same for all voice acted segments in both version to avoid difficulty and reduce costs.
Well, all three different versions of the game so far TSS,SSS and Legend have substancially different scenarios and scripts.
There's not much news yet on how much this will differ from previous versions, but thus far it looks the closest to SSS.

As for voices, they're using the same voice actors as SSS, not TSS, so I'd imagine any voice samples will either be remastered clips from SSS, or re-recorded. (The article says the sound will be remastered, but nothing specific on voices--unless I overlooked something.) KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

DragonmasterDan
Lunar Legend

Post by DragonmasterDan »

Alunissage wrote:
DDan: I don't believe anything was said about the SegaCD translation rights specifically being sold back to GA -- the context was when Legend was being localized and it'd be the SSS translation IF there were a specific game referenced, not TSS. Certainly no mention ever of the voice clips etc.
I see, I had heard otherwise. My mistake.

Sonix
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Sonix »

DragonmasterDan wrote:
Sonix wrote:Remember this?
It's VERYsurprising that they chose PSP considering it's at the end of its life.
That might be true, but look at this and next year's line ups, they are crazy (in a good way).
So many RPG's coming \o/
"And yet, I've realized that maybe living a "decent" life means you won't ever have a "good" life."

Lunar Eclipse
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Lunar Eclipse »

As far as I'd heard, it's not actually at the end of its life, is it? I just thought the rumor was that they were moving away from the UMD format and that the next revision of the PSP hardware would mostly rely on digital purchase rather than an actual disc.
Let those who war with life forfeit their own! -- Mareg, Grandia II

DragonmasterDan
Lunar Legend

Post by DragonmasterDan »

Lunar Eclipse wrote:As far as I'd heard, it's not actually at the end of its life, is it? I just thought the rumor was that they were moving away from the UMD format and that the next revision of the PSP hardware would mostly rely on digital purchase rather than an actual disc.
That's correct, the PSP Go! has a higher resolution screen, it has a touch screen and does not use UMDs. It's basically the PSP 2.

Added in edit: This is if the many many many reports of the device are to be believed.

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

DragonmasterDan wrote:
Alunissage wrote: DDan: I don't believe anything was said about the SegaCD translation rights specifically being sold back to GA -- the context was when Legend was being localized and it'd be the SSS translation IF there were a specific game referenced, not TSS. Certainly no mention ever of the voice clips etc.
I see, I had heard otherwise. My mistake.
You may have been thinking of the Korean Lunar PC, which uses the two English songs in the game. This was with permission, of course, and Ireland and Stigile are in the credits for them, but then the Korean LE also included the entire WD soundtrack as a pack-in, which Vic was NOT expecting.

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

Looking at that old thread, I'd say its time for me to start playing the lottery. :D

Very VERY nice. Not so sure on the isometric views in the towns. Voice overs, hopefully the same that we already have, would be nice. The same sound track too. Maybe a few new killer songs. Rawr.

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

I posted more about it on the site just a moment ago in case anyone wants to read the latest update.

Also, in regards to Lunar's rights, Vic made mention of it in that NeoGAF thread if you wade through the 4 or so pages.
-G1

liquidpolicenaut
Red Dragon Priest

Post by liquidpolicenaut »

I'm not sure what to say! I have been a HUUUUGE Lunar fan since it first came out on the Sega CD and Im actually...iffy on this. I actually still prefer the original over the Saturn/PSX remake due to the worse music, the horrible overworld map and the lackluster battle graphics (the cutscenes were obviously beautiful though as well as the expanded storyline). Isometric view? hmmmmm...I dont know. The world map seems to be, yet again, not much of any use (I used to love walking from one place to another and possibly get attacked!). The battle graphics SEEM a little better than the remakes (I actually liked Lunar Legend's battle graphics best and these seem to be a perfect mix of SSSC and Legend...but more "grown up" looking characters)...Biggest question of all....ANOTHER remake?? *sigh*

still, after all my -Borgan-, it IS Lunar after all and seein the nice artwork on those pages brought a nice smile to my face :)
Visit my Youtube site!!
LiquidPolicenauts YouTube Videos

Benevolent_Ghaleon
BANNED

Post by Benevolent_Ghaleon »

*faps till he passes out*

This the greatest thing to happen since...the last great thing to happen.

So I'm hearing this is going to be more true to TSS than SSSC. I hope that's true.

Who'll do the voices? That's my fear.

Who the hell is bringing it to US and can it NOT be Ubisoft?

If it turns out that it doesn't end up getting a U.S. release, will you make an English patch, Kizyr?

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

I dunno, I loved walking around in the overworld without getting attacked. I could explore to my hearts content, knowing that I am safe from all who would harm me.

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."

Lunar Eclipse
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Lunar Eclipse »

Honestly, the world maps in all of the Lunar games have been fairly boring, so I don't mind how they're presented, whether it be pretty basic with random encounters, explorable with no encounters, or even point-and-click as it is now.

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

The EB world map was a bit more interesting, as was the TSS one for exploring. The only problem was that there wasn't all that much to FIND. In TSS at least healing shrines and rocks could be scattered in out-of-the-way areas, and EB had that one little treasure cave. I'd love to have overworlds like those only with more little things to find.

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

Benevolent_Ghaleon wrote:Who the hell is bringing it to US and can it NOT be Ubisoft?

If it turns out that it doesn't end up getting a U.S. release, will you make an English patch, Kizyr
*Points to the homepage*
-G1

Monde Luna
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by Monde Luna »

Gee I haven't been to the homepage in over a year. :oops: Time to check it out.

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

To follow up re the rights to the songs, Vic posted in that NeoGAF thread linked on the main page that "The performance rights for the English version of the songs we did were explicitly not sold."

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

Honestly, if GaijinWorks/Vic doesn't have anything to do with the localization (and it's looking more like XSEED after seeing that RPGamer interview) I only ask that whoever does the localization at least makes sure John Truitt does Ghaleon. I can overlook any other voice actors, translation things, etc. but hearing an English Ghaleon done by someone other than John Truitt is going to be difficult. I'm not saying someone can't pull off a wonderful Ghaleon, but his voice is etched into my brain for Ghaleon.
-G1

Benevolent_Ghaleon
BANNED

Post by Benevolent_Ghaleon »

GhaleonOne wrote:Honestly, if GaijinWorks/Vic doesn't have anything to do with the localization (and it's looking more like XSEED after seeing that RPGamer interview) I only ask that whoever does the localization at least makes sure John Truitt does Ghaleon. I can overlook any other voice actors, translation things, etc. but hearing an English Ghaleon done by someone other than John Truitt is going to be difficult. I'm not saying someone can't pull off a wonderful Ghaleon, but his voice is etched into my brain for Ghaleon.
Even if they CAN get the full original cast back together, have their voices changed too much through the years? That's the scary question.

Lunar Eclipse
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Lunar Eclipse »

I wouldn't mind some changes, to be honest. I never really liked Luna's voice or Mia's voice.

Katze
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Katze »

GhaleonOne wrote:Honestly, if GaijinWorks/Vic doesn't have anything to do with the localization (and it's looking more like XSEED after seeing that RPGamer interview) I only ask that whoever does the localization at least makes sure John Truitt does Ghaleon. I can overlook any other voice actors, translation things, etc. but hearing an English Ghaleon done by someone other than John Truitt is going to be difficult. I'm not saying someone can't pull off a wonderful Ghaleon, but his voice is etched into my brain for Ghaleon.
Agreed 100%.

I wish I had played some of XSEED's stuff so I knew what their localizations are like. Can anyone here give some insight?