Remember when I said I wasn't all that excited about this?

For discussion of Lunar: Silver Star Harmony, the PSP remake of Lunar 1
NallOne
Black Dragon Wizard
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Remember when I said I wasn't all that excited about this?

Post by NallOne »

I totally take that back after watching the opening movie on gungho's website. It is amazing how just the first notes and images bring up all the emotion I have regarding Lunar, even though I've seen it a thousand times before. I'm pumped now. Remake or no remake, I'm giddy. Woo. :D
- Mike

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Re: Remember when I said I wasn't all that excited about this?

Post by Kizyr »

What about the opening movie on LunarNET's website?

:( KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

liquidpolicenaut
Red Dragon Priest

Post by liquidpolicenaut »

Gungho's website, my YouTube website, this great lunar-net website....As long as you get to see the trailer, it's all good! :) As long as Lunar gets more exposure, right? :) I also agree with NallOne...except I started getting more excited about it when more pictures started to crop up..
Visit my Youtube site!!
LiquidPolicenauts YouTube Videos

Dark_Fairy
White Dragon Knight

Post by Dark_Fairy »

When I saw the trailer, I was super excited. I actually watched it on my laptop over at my friend's house. I was like " :shock: " at how awesome it was. She just stared at me in confusion, due to my face and the fact that music was blaring on my laptop. It was sort of funny, lol.

liquidpolicenaut
Red Dragon Priest

Now that i think about it, I never got excited at all for Lunar DS...for obvious reasons :roll: At first, I was like "Another Lunar remake? Now with 3/4 view, no decent map and the crappy remake soundtracks?" As time went on, I understand that this map is not only better suited for a handheld but its even better looking than the Saturn/PSX remakes! The 3/4 view is growing on me...but I still like my 2d style best :) As for the soundtrack? Meh...what can you do, right? :roll:
Visit my Youtube site!!

NallOne
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by NallOne »

Kizyr wrote:What about the opening movie on LunarNET's website?

Er well uh ... I saw the one on gungho's website first.

The opening movie on LunarNET is obviously superior though. Obviously. Superior. ;)
- Mike

Werefrog
Dragonmaster

Post by Werefrog »

If it makes you feel better, Kizyr, I linked a couple of people to the L-Net video using Facebook.

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

Werefrog wrote:If it makes you feel better, Kizyr, I linked a couple of people to the L-Net video using Facebook.
NallOne wrote:The opening movie on LunarNET is obviously superior though. Obviously. Superior.
:)
Yes that does make me feel better.
liquidpolicenaut wrote:Now that i think about it, I never got excited at all for Lunar DS...for obvious reasons :roll: At first, I was like "Another Lunar remake? Now with 3/4 view, no decent map and the crappy remake soundtracks?" As time went on, I understand that this map is not only better suited for a handheld but its even better looking than the Saturn/PSX remakes! The 3/4 view is growing on me...but I still like my 2d style best :) As for the soundtrack? Meh...what can you do, right? :roll:
Never got excited about Lunar: DS? Nonsense!

But really, the graphical updates are growing on me. Except for the lack of exploration of the overworld, it all looks like a suitable improvement for the PSP. I disagree on the soundtrack, though--so far, I like how it sounds and I'm looking forward to the rearrangements. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

liquidpolicenaut
Red Dragon Priest

Kizyr wrote:I disagree on the soundtrack, though--so far, I like how it sounds and I'm looking forward to the rearrangements.
Oh, no..I DO like the songs so far in the trailer...as those were also among my few favs in the remake soundtracks. I'm talking about the rest of the soundtrack (town themes, overworld map, dungeon, boss battle, etc.)
Visit my Youtube site!!

Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter

Post by Silver Phoenix »

Son of a biznitch, I'm going to have to buy a damn PSP! Thanks GungHo, for depriving us Lunar-addicts of a series progression, but instead sugar coat something that already tastes sweet so we need more of the same. Evil!

I hope this game sells phenomenal so that they finally get the hint and start development of a console sequel. Of course they'll probably just make another game for the PSP, since that is the only place you can even find rpgs for a Sony system these days.

I'm sick of not having any stellar rpgs for this current gen, and I like my turn-based Lunar style the most. If they are so hell bent on remakes, then remake Grandia with a stellar face-lift and then work on an entirely new Lunar. I think the lot of us need to take a trip to Japan and show them the error of their ways.

NallOne
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by NallOne »

Unfortunately I think you may be right, Silver Phoenix. Even if we get a Lunar 3 - which is a huge stretch just as much now as it always has been - there is a good chance it will be on the PSP. Even with SSH selling well, they'll just take that to mean that part of the appeal was the portability and take it from there.
- Mike

ghaleon12
Meribian Merchant

Post by ghaleon12 »

I didn't like the trailer to be honest. Most of the art we've all seen before, althought the shot of Vane I don't remember but that was probably from SSSC. The gameplay videos looked good though from what I could see. I've never been a stickler for graphics, but I think the graphics actually got worse for SSSC which was a bit of a distraction, even the spell graphics were worse. So if they fixed that a bit, it'd be a good start for the rest of the game.

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

I would say the chances of a Lunar 3 are better than they were over the past 4-5 years though. After DS I really didn't expect this. At least it gives us hope. I just wish the PSP had a better installed base, but then a lot of good JRPGs (many remakes and ports like SSH) have come out for it. Perhaps the current user base is a good one for this kind of game.
-G1

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

I was hoping for a lot more gameplay to be shown, because I've SEEN the SSS opening before. But I'm not the target audience for the trailer, and perhaps people who never played SSS will be more drawn by the animation.

LuNaRtIc
Bromide Hunter

Post by LuNaRtIc »

GhaleonOne wrote:I would say the chances of a Lunar 3 are better than they were over the past 4-5 years though. After DS I really didn't expect this. At least it gives us hope. I just wish the PSP had a better installed base, but then a lot of good JRPGs (many remakes and ports like SSH) have come out for it. Perhaps the current user base is a good one for this kind of game.
Can't we rally together and petition for a 3rd Lunar? >_0
I know the NiGHTS fanbase did this for the second NiGHTS game.

Anyway, popping back in to check on how this game is coming along. Just saw the video! I'm crazy excited! The SSH page looks really nice too, G1. Love the character page and going through the art. :D
「美しい白い竜 愛しい白い竜…」
My avatar art was done by luleiya! <3

fates
Red Dragon Priest

Post by fates »

Indeed something about Jessica's new art that makers her look better than before... maybe it's the pose.

If those goes well, I think a potential Eternal Blue update will be next, and if that does well maybe they'll finally have the capital to make a 3.

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

Thanks! I was beginning to wonder if anyone even read the update that the characters page was live. If I had more time to spend on it, I could have polished it up a bit more, but I got the new character portraits front and center, and I figured that was what was important.

Not sure on a petition. I've tried it before (with Grandia back on the Saturn) and while I think it was one of the reasons RPGFan (then LunarNET v1) got off the ground, it was a major failure in terms of succeeding. It's not that it would hurt, but until SSH's release, the best thing we can do is spread the word about this game for now to help generate interest and potential sales.
-G1

Benevolent_Ghaleon
BANNED

Post by Benevolent_Ghaleon »

I hope IGN and/or GameSpot both make a big deal out of this and give a damn good review. I've seen several magazines have staff members that love Lunar.

Jenner
Dragonmaster

Post by Jenner »

Psh who visits this website?

Still only half as excited about it as I would have been if they had gone back to the original story told in TSS.
The Infamous Jenner!
Maker of Lists.
RIP Coley...
still adore you Kiz.

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

Well, if they do backstory on the Four Heroes, I hope it's some such sweetness as stuff from the Vheen Manga.
-G1