Red Dragon Priest
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

New screens on Famitsu

Post by fates »

ilovemyguitar
Legendary Hero

Re: New screens on Famitsu

Post by ilovemyguitar »

So apparently Vane isn't isometric, then? Cool.

LuNaRtIc
Bromide Hunter

Post by LuNaRtIc »

Ooooh! *Drools over the Magic Emperor shots. And Jessica's too.*
Ah! And I love Royce's sprite in Lily's room! I swear, I keep getting giddy with every new piece of information. :3
「美しい白い竜 愛しい白い竜…」
My avatar art was done by luleiya! <3

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

I posted the link on LunarNET and gave you credit, fates. Good find! The screens are gorgeous!
-G1

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

Ah, great!

I really should devote some of tomorrow to updating the L:HSS section. I've just been so busy lately, and more stuff keeps coming out. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

fates
Red Dragon Priest

Post by fates »

There's apparently a bit on this game in the newest Famitsu, with (2) new images too:

http://www.gamekyo.com/images0_4_33220.html

Kyle in drag, lookin hot :lol:

WD RPG WD
White Dragon Knight

Post by WD RPG WD »

I'm sorry, but Vane looks awful. It looks like a childs playground. Back in the day it looked more like a serious place with serious music. Now it's all.... happy! :evil:

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

Vane's TSS music was probably my favorite song from that game. In fact, it's probably my favorite town music ever.
-G1

Kizyr

Post by Kizyr »

GhaleonOne wrote:Vane's TSS music was probably my favorite song from that game. In fact, it's probably my favorite town music ever.
Vane's TSS music is the theme song for my apartment. Saith is the one for my car. Burg is the one for the house I grew up in in Nashville. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

ilovemyguitar
Legendary Hero

Post by ilovemyguitar »

Kizyr wrote:
GhaleonOne wrote:Vane's TSS music was probably my favorite song from that game. In fact, it's probably my favorite town music ever.
Vane's TSS music is the theme song for my apartment. Saith is the one for my car. Burg is the one for the house I grew up in in Nashville. KF
...and the battle music is whenever you talk to Jenner.

Werefrog
Dragonmaster

Post by Werefrog »

Kizyr wrote:
Snowman from Earthbound plays in my head every winter after the first snow, so I guess that's like the theme song of winter.

cj iwakura
Student of Vane

Post by cj iwakura »

I think the best TSS town music was at the town where you meet Tempest & Fresca, if memory serves.

Kizyr

Post by Kizyr »

ilovemyguitar wrote:
Kizyr wrote:
...and the battle music is whenever you talk to Jenner.
How did you know!? KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter

Post by Silver Phoenix »

TSS music is the GOD of EPIC WIN! Eternal Blue had it's moments, but it can suck my nuts compared to TSS. It hurts me greatly that we will never have this joyous experience again of a Lunar game with a fully orchestrated soundtrack. If anyone only experienced the remakes, and they heard the original TSS music they wouldn't appreciate it as much.

Let me just say this, the White Dragon Cave theme has been my email notifier music since 1994. It's a small sample in .wav format. TSS virgins need to hear how awesome that theme is, and how powerful it is when you enter Quark's cave for the first time. It really is a small orchestration in length, but it's the epitome of short and sweet. I forget if all of the dragon caves used the same music, or only a few.

Kizyr

Post by Kizyr »

Silver Phoenix wrote:Let me just say this, the White Dragon Cave theme has been my email notifier music since 1994. It's a small sample in .wav format. TSS virgins need to hear how awesome that theme is, and how powerful it is when you enter Quark's cave for the first time. It really is a small orchestration in length, but it's the epitome of short and sweet. I forget if all of the dragon caves used the same music, or only a few.
All of them did. And yeah, the theme was amazing. It had an epic sound, plus dramatic crescendos/decrescendos, all in the space of, what, 1-2 minutes?

I still really like the EB soundtrack, though. As far as individual songs, I prefer EB (i.e., when I think of specific themes, they're usually ones from Eternal Blue). As far as the soundtrack as a whole, I prefer TSS--there was more intention there, and it felt far more kept-together. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

That's interesting... in EB there at least are multiple songs sharing melodic lines, while in TSS the only examples I can think of are the two versions of the village/town music and the bit of the dragon cave music that's quoted in the final battle music. But maybe that's not what you meant.

The White Dragon Cave was what made me sit up and take notice of the music also, and indeed of the game itself. It's a very interesting piece of music, with little in the way of actual melody, a lot of changes of instruments, rhythm, meter, harmony... so complex in such little time, and yet it somehow hangs together. I think the environment in which we first encounter it helps a lot, and of course vice versa.

Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter

Post by Silver Phoenix »

The thing about the music in TSS, is that it became part of the story because of how well it was infused into the atmosphere. It is the same way in Eternal Blue, but to a different effect. It definitely has a lot to do with how you played the games, like which one you played first. People are going to be impacted differently, and I was extremely excited when I would scans of Eternal Blue in GameFan or other magazines before it came out in either September or October of 1995.

When I played the game I enjoyed it immensely, but the while I liked the music it didn't hit me in the same way. The style of the music was completely different and didn't feel tied to the first game as there wasn't an overall theme to it. It wasn't until the remakes where the music was made to carry over the theme, but any true fan knows it didn't have the life of the Sega CD games. There were only a couple songs in Eternal Blue that I liked as much as TSS, and we all agree that the Dragon Cave music is just horrible.