Red Dragon Priest
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

even more screens from Famitsu

Post by fates »

Alunissage
Goddess

Re: even more screens from Famitsu

Post by Alunissage »

When I saw the bridge breaking I was thinking I'd finally spotted something that was in TSS but not SSS... then I realized I'd been getting SSS confused with Legend, which had boats rather than bridges. Oh well.

Damon's Spire sure looks nice, though.

Nobiyuki77
Legendary Hero

Post by Nobiyuki77 »

The game's getting a good amount of coverage all things considered. FAR more than I had initially expected.

This is quite nice. Can't wait for my copy to ship next month (gleefully rubs hands together)
-Nobi

fates
Red Dragon Priest

Post by fates »

I hope people start posting videos... I'm waiting for the english version so it'll be nice to see what everything's really like.

Also, Magic Emperor and Xenobia have their official arts up now. Xenobia looks good but I'm still more a Royce guy :lol:

Lunar Eclipse
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Lunar Eclipse »

I really like all of the little subscreen icons.
Let those who war with life forfeit their own! -- Mareg, Grandia II

Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter

Post by Silver Phoenix »

Such a shame that for as beautiful as this remake is looking, it could have been even more amazing on a current console and not a handheld. This series needs to Digivolve already, because it's long overdue.

As one of the original Lunar-L List members, my word is law!

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

Silver Phoenix wrote:Such a shame that for as beautiful as this remake is looking, it could have been even more amazing on a current console and not a handheld. This series needs to Digivolve already, because it's long overdue.

As one of the original Lunar-L List members, my word is law!
You have the backing of at least one other original Lunar-L member.

Man, that brings back memories. Back when e-mail lists were actually popular. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Aaron
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by Aaron »

I don't know about you but, I think the 2d graphics have a charm that 3d lost. I enjoy looking at high definition sprites in full color. In fact in most games I would prefer it. (except for simulator games like FPS, RTS, MMO, Space)

Although I have to admit, adventure games have made the transition to 3d beautifully. A great example is Mario 64 and games like Spyro, Crash Bandicoot, Banjo Kazooie, and Jax and Daxter.

Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter

Post by Silver Phoenix »

Kiz, I even have a Lunar airbrushed shirt with Silver Phoenix on the back of it from one of members. Of course he did a horrible job with the phoenix, because it looks like a damn chicken!

I was showing one of my friends the Lunar I&II Artbook, and the SSS Artbook today. Man that SSS Artbook totally blows compared to the original artbook. I wonder how much someone would pay for my pristine Eternal Blue mousepad if I were to sell it? I have a bunch of untouched videogame t-shirts in plastic that I have saved over the years. I'm not even sure what some of them are without opening the plastic, but I saw one of them was an original Grandia shirt.

Anyway, about the L-List... That was really the catalyst of Lunar Fandom in the day, and it was extremely sad when the list disappeared. Some of us would Lunar roleplay on mIRC. Lunar needs a rebirth of popularity, because it is a series of substance and story wise it had such potential to keep growing. Game Arts should have focused on continuing the series, and look at how Grandia has even de-railed. Grandia is a game that should get the remake treatment, and I only ever played my Japanese Limited Edition import so I couldn't appreciate the story without understanding it. I will not play the bastardized PS One version even with it being in English.