Demo!

For discussion of Lunar: Silver Star Harmony, the PSP remake of Lunar 1
Alunissage
Goddess
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Re: Demo!

Post by Alunissage »

Huh. The name I have for Star Light in SSS is 星屑の光. I wonder if it got re-spelled at some point. My data may all be from the Saturn version.

I checked my SSSC notes and found that the item and weapon shops were separate (how could I have forgotten that, it's only been a couple months) and that at the beginning of the game the item shop is open but the weapon shop isn't.

Oh! One thing I forgot to mention earlier: in HSS, Alex's ocarina can be used to play music, but it was only one piece (the title screen music, I think).

Dark_Fairy
White Dragon Knight

Post by Dark_Fairy »

Finally I got a chance to play the demo. ^_^

First of all, thanks Nobiyuki77 for saving me time from downloading and converting the iso so it can be played on CFW. It's much easier just to download your file than getting a Japanese PSN account, and trying to find a place where I can actually use internet on my PSP to download it.

It's really weird to play this in Japanese though. Yes, I've played Japanese games before (even though I don't speak a lick of it), but seeing Lunar in Japanese and hearing them all in Japanese is kind of weird for me. Then again, for some reason, Alex's Japanese VA sounds familiar for some reason. I need to find that list of VA and look them up...AH! Alex's VA is Reid from Tales of Eternia. Okay, now I know why I recognized him.

I love the new music and sprites. Burg looks awesome, and the character sprites are adorable. Also, Luna's "la la la" sounds the same. I had always thought WD rerecorded that too. I guess not. I had never played the Japanese version to know better. Also, the fading music thing when switching screens is a little annoying, but at least it continues where it left off when you reach the new screen.

Oh, one thing that annoys me is not showing a sprite of what the items are you get out of the chests. Then again, the items don't have sprites in the menu either. At least I know what heals MP and HP. That always helps a little. Well...once it's in English I probably won't be too annoyed by it. ^^;

I like the updated battling. It still stays pretty true to SSS.

Quark's sprite looks really nice. I also like how he has full artwork while he talks.

Ok, just beat the demo. I'm liking what I'm seeing. I can't wait until this comes out. :D

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

Alunissage wrote:Huh. The name I have for Star Light in SSS is 星屑の光. I wonder if it got re-spelled at some point. My data may all be from the Saturn version.
星屑 = 星くず
Though I think you already knew that. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Kizyr

Post by Kizyr »

So I'm trying to make a Let's Play video for this, but... I don't have much that can shoot it in very good quality (namely, good enough to see the screen's text clearly). All the stuff for recording PSP video, too, requires a bunch of custom firmware and other installs that I have a strong feeling simply won't work (stuff like that never does for me).

I would use a webcam, but my non-attached webcam is all I can use, and I don't have the CD with the drivers for that anymore, so it's basically worthless (I've already tried downloading the drivers; that doesn't work either).

Hm...... I'll try to figure this one out tomorrow.

Also, if you save the clear data after finishing the demo, Nall implies that you'll get "something cool" in the actual game. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Kizyr wrote:
Alunissage wrote:Huh. The name I have for Star Light in SSS is 星屑の光. I wonder if it got re-spelled at some point. My data may all be from the Saturn version.
星屑 = 星くず
Though I think you already knew that. KF
I may have already been told that, but it doesn't mean I remembered it. :P That's what I meant by being re-spelled, though. I was checking the names of everything against the SSS names to check that the chests were the same, etc. The main reason I wondered about this one is that Legend and Genesis used Mental Gum and Mental Drop instead of Starlight and Silver Light.

I wonder if it will be a problem getting the demo save data to work with the actual game given that everyone's having to do weird things to their PSP to get the demo to work.

liquidpolicenaut
Red Dragon Priest

Post by liquidpolicenaut »

Kizyr wrote:So I'm trying to make a Let's Play video for this, but... I don't have much that can shoot it in very good quality (namely, good enough to see the screen's text clearly). All the stuff for recording PSP video, too, requires a bunch of custom firmware and other installs that I have a strong feeling simply won't work (stuff like that never does for me).

I would use a webcam, but my non-attached webcam is all I can use, and I don't have the CD with the drivers for that anymore, so it's basically worthless (I've already tried downloading the drivers; that doesn't work either).

Hm...... I'll try to figure this one out tomorrow.

Also, if you save the clear data after finishing the demo, Nall implies that you'll get "something cool" in the actual game. KF
I was also looking for ways to record since I already have a good amount of Lunar vids on my YouTube channel but the PSP remains the one thing I can not record properly :(
Visit my Youtube site!!
LiquidPolicenauts YouTube Videos

Kizyr

Post by Kizyr »

Alunissage wrote:I wonder if it will be a problem getting the demo save data to work with the actual game given that everyone's having to do weird things to their PSP to get the demo to work.
Well, the only weird thing I had to do was upgrade the system. 'Course, I shouldn't have to upgrade a game system 'cause it's not a computer, but that's another irritation. Also, mine's a Japanese PSP, with Japanese settings, and I signed up for a Japanese PSN account. I think the first two shouldn't make any difference, and the third item is something that supposedly you can just switch around the settings on the PSP to do. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Snipes101
Nanza Bandit

Post by Snipes101 »

liquidpolicenaut wrote: I was also looking for ways to record since I already have a good amount of Lunar vids on my YouTube channel but the PSP remains the one thing I can not record properly :(

you could always try remotejoy. It works well with recording the psp in action.

Kizyr

Post by Kizyr »

I looked into remotejoy and other methods, and... there's too much that I'd need to do with custom firmware and downloading other programs (plus downgrading and then upgrading, etc.). I'm pretty sure I'd end up messing something up, and still not get it to work by the end of it all...

I did find the right settings on my camera though to take a better quality video. So I'm working on that now. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Sonix
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Sonix »

Do you perhaps have PSP 2000 or 3000? If so, you can connect it on TV and record through that.
"And yet, I've realized that maybe living a "decent" life means you won't ever have a "good" life."

Kizyr

Post by Kizyr »

I have a 2000, but... trying that again isn't working out so well.

I've actually already recorded two takes. I'm going to record a third momentarily; still trying to get the hang of it. (It's down to three chunks now, about 25 minutes total.) My camera gets ok quality for something like this, but it isn't the best. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

liquidpolicenaut
Red Dragon Priest

Post by liquidpolicenaut »

I'm in the same boat as Kizyr as I also have a PSP 2000 and, while it has component out to TV, it still doesnt help too much in the way of recording the footage. I know the 3000 could output via s-video to TV so that would've made it easiest but then I would have to trade with someone my 2000 for a 3000 or buy a new one (which I really dont need another PSP). I also do not really want to go through the whole process of downgrade, installing new firmware, etc. so I guess I'm out of the running :(
Visit my Youtube site!!
LiquidPolicenauts YouTube Videos

Nobiyuki77
Legendary Hero

Post by Nobiyuki77 »

Okay dudes, G1 gave me the go ahead to make these public.

My videos of me playing the game. Warning, they're kinda long.

http://www.studio-zel.com/LunarDemoVids/
-Nobi

Raikage
Meryod Yokel

Post by Raikage »

Nobiyuki77 wrote:Okay dudes, G1 gave me the go ahead to make these public.

My videos of me playing the game. Warning, they're kinda long.

http://www.studio-zel.com/LunarDemoVids/
Um......I dunno if I'm the only one having this problem but when I download those it only opens as an audio. No video or nothing, just sound. (This has happened to me before with .avi files.....) Help?

Nobiyuki77
Legendary Hero

Post by Nobiyuki77 »

Huh, that's weird. Lemme check.

EDIT: Huh, works fine for me. It's an AVI so I'm not sure what the issue is. :( Sorry.
-Nobi

Kizyr

Post by Kizyr »

Dangit. I just recorded a third take (it was my best one yet, too!) and my battery died midway through...

I'll try to record it again tonight, and edit it tomorrow. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

Raikage, what OS are you on? I know the codec that Nobi encoded them to won't work on a Mac (at least, it only showed Windows and Linux versions of the codec when I searched). I can only view them on my PC.
-G1

Aaron
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by Aaron »

Raikage wrote:Um......I dunno if I'm the only one having this problem but when I download those it only opens as an audio. No video or nothing, just sound. (This has happened to me before with .avi files.....) Help?
If you are trying to watch them in your browser try right clicking on the link and clicking "save as" then download it to your computer. I did that and it worked in my video player fine. For some reason my firefox browser is really upset when it has to play these videos.

DevNall
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by DevNall »

GhaleonOne wrote:Raikage, what OS are you on? I know the codec that Nobi encoded them to won't work on a Mac (at least, it only showed Windows and Linux versions of the codec when I searched). I can only view them on my PC.
You can view them in VLC, which is available on Mac, Linux, Windows, and some other even more obscure operating systems. (VLC plays a billion codecs for anyone not familiar with it.)

Link: http://www.videolan.org/vlc/

Aquaignis
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Aquaignis »

I saved and downloaded the first two vids but still can't see the video on either Windows Media Player or Quicktime. I even downloaded Xvid from the Quicktime site, which is a component that is supposed to allow me to see video. :cry:
Some of the answers in this post are made of frozen lose with whipped failsauce topping and suck sprinkles......