Demo!

For discussion of Lunar: Silver Star Harmony, the PSP remake of Lunar 1
Nobiyuki77
Legendary Hero
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Re: Demo!

Post by Nobiyuki77 »

Okay, just finished the demo. It ends after the Dragon Ring quest.

Impressions: I LOVE the newly arranged audio!! Absolutely gourgous! I'm working on vids for GhaleonOne for the site so you can see and hear it too! ^_^ The game is basically the same as Silver Star Story, so no need for a walk through :-P The graphics are beautiful and very crisp. I also love the battle animations.

If there's anything I DON'T like, it's that the music fades to nothing and then back again every time you enter a new area. Whether it's a new section of a town, dungeon, or just another bloody room in your house, the music fades and then comes back in.

The portrait artwork is lovely, which I knew it would be. :-P If nothing else, the demo left me wanting more!! Thankfully I got my preorder at NCSX coming next month for the Japanese edition! I can't wait! :D
Last edited by Nobiyuki77 on Thu Oct 22, 2009 4:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
-Nobi

ilovemyguitar
Legendary Hero

Post by ilovemyguitar »

Hey, you old school guys remember when the Caldor Isle demo of SSSC came out once upon a time? Remember how awesome and exciting that was?

...Yeah, I'm really effing excited about this thing.

jos24
Student of Vane

Post by jos24 »

HERE THE LUNARHSS DEMO http://www.badongo.com/file/17958351

IF THE EBOOT DOESN´T WORK, YOU MUST "OPEN" AN ACCOUNT IN PSN IN JAPANESSE AND ACTIVATE THE PSP WITH THAT ACCOUNT

ARCHIVE .ZIP
Attachments
7.jpg
7.jpg (11.04 KiB) Viewed 21349 times
Althena Bless u

Aaron
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by Aaron »

thank you jos you are my hero, I'm downloading it now...

EDIT **** I just installed it, and it doesn't work. I thought PSP games were region free?

Sonix
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Sonix »

PSP games are region free. Perhaps you need a newer update for this demo. 5.55+ to be exact (like Tales of VS, SMT:Persona and some more games).
"And yet, I've realized that maybe living a "decent" life means you won't ever have a "good" life."

Aaron
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by Aaron »

I have 6.00 and it actually told me I cannot play this game on my account. So maybe during the dl some sort of authoring was written to his account so that copy will only play on that account...which is stupid.

KnightofAncient
Saith Pirate

Post by KnightofAncient »

PSP can only be activated to PSN games of a certain region. So to play the demo, the psp needs to be activated with a Japanese PSN account. Overall you need a Japanese PSN account.

For example: I cant play the games I got from the US PSN while im activated with the Japanese PSN.

jos24
Student of Vane

Post by jos24 »

it opens an account in playstation store with japanese language is very easy
active your psp with that account and ready the demo is playable
Attachments
28.jpg
28.jpg (7.85 KiB) Viewed 21326 times
Althena Bless u

dairugger
Lyton Singer

Post by dairugger »

i downloaded it from bandango (?) and it tells me i have to have firmware 6.00. i currently have 5.00 m33-6 cfw.

jos24
Student of Vane

Post by jos24 »

THEREFORE I COULD PLAY IT WELL
MY PSP FIRMWARE IS VERSION 6.10
I DONT KNOW IF WORKS WITH CUSTOM
THE DEMO FINISHES WHEN you DELIVER TO QUARK THE DRAGON RING
Attachments
26.jpg
26.jpg (7.17 KiB) Viewed 21325 times
Althena Bless u

Nobiyuki77
Legendary Hero

Post by Nobiyuki77 »

dairugger wrote:i downloaded it from bandango (?) and it tells me i have to have firmware 6.00. i currently have 5.00 m33-6 cfw.
To play on Custom Firmware.

1) You must have a JPN PSN Account.
2) You'll need to upgrade to 5.50 GEN-D (to do this, must upgrade in order. 5.50 GEN-A, 5.50 GEN-B, 5.50 GEN-B2, and then 5.50 GEN-D. Do NOT upgrade to GEN-C, it could mess up your PSP!)
3) You'll need to run NPDecryptor to decrypt the Demo
4) You'll need to set the PSP to play ISOs directly from the stick (using M33 driver).
-Nobi

liquidpolicenaut
Red Dragon Priest

Post by liquidpolicenaut »

Man, I have been checking the Japanese PSN store for over 2 weeks now for a demo and when I decide not to look, a demo pops up! lol i went ahead and downloaded the demo and I was all ready to play it...then my demo tells me I need to update my firmware. Grr. Ok, I download new update and...now I have to wait for the battery to be fully charged in order to install new update! grrrr!! I sit here now looking at the pretty Lunar wallpaper that pops up when you highlight the demo. Ok, PSP off....now charge up so I can install firmware and play my Lunar demo!!

I will be back with impressions eventually...

ilovemyguitar wrote:Hey, you old school guys remember when the Caldor Isle demo of SSSC came out once upon a time? Remember how awesome and exciting that was?

...Yeah, I'm really effing excited about this thing.
Same here! The first glimpse of a US version was the translated Wind's Nocturne video in an OPM magazine and even THAT made me almost cry! lol I remember picking up that demo (2 of them actually!) in an EB near where I used to work and waiting VERY anxiously till I got out to play it. I feel like that now again :)
Visit my Youtube site!!
LiquidPolicenauts YouTube Videos

DevNall
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by DevNall »

Nobiyuki77 wrote:
dairugger wrote:i downloaded it from bandango (?) and it tells me i have to have firmware 6.00. i currently have 5.00 m33-6 cfw.

2) You'll need to upgrade to 5.50 GEN-D (to do this, must upgrade in order. 5.50 GEN-A, 5.50 GEN-B, 5.50 GEN-B2, and then 5.50 GEN-D. Do NOT upgrade to GEN-C, it could mess up your PSP!)
4) You'll need to set the PSP to play ISOs directly from the stick (using M33 driver).
If someone does this, please post a link. My PSP with CFW is in another state. :(
liquidpolicenaut wrote:Ok, I download new update and...now I have to wait for the battery to be fully charged in order to install new update! grrrr!!
This seems to happen every time I get a new PSP game, since they always require a new version. It's really annoying.

Nobiyuki77
Legendary Hero

Post by Nobiyuki77 »

DevNall wrote:
Nobiyuki77 wrote:

If someone does this, please post a link. My PSP with CFW is in another state. :(
liquidpolicenaut wrote:Ok, I download new update and...now I have to wait for the battery to be fully charged in order to install new update! grrrr!!
This seems to happen every time I get a new PSP game, since they always require a new version. It's really annoying.
I've already done it on my PSP. That's how I made vids for G1. I suppose I can put it up since it's a free demo but it'll take a while.
Last edited by Nobiyuki77 on Thu Oct 22, 2009 10:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-Nobi

dairugger
Lyton Singer

Post by dairugger »

has anyone gotten this to work on cfw 5.0 m33-6? the one i downloaded from bandario wants me to update my firmware. i signed up for a japanese psn account, but it wont let me access the store without updating my firmware. i tried using the npdecryptor but it doesnt wanna work, and i suspect that itll still lead to me updating my firmware. i guess im hoping for some sort fix like what has been done to all the new games to get them to run on cfw 5.00 m33-6.

DevNall
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by DevNall »

Nobi, did you mean to say something there? All I see is a quote.

Nobiyuki77
Legendary Hero

Post by Nobiyuki77 »

DevNall wrote:Nobi, did you mean to say something there? All I see is a quote.
Sorry, posting on my iPhone isn't very useful. >> Corrected.
dairugger wrote:has anyone gotten this to work on cfw 5.0 m33-6? the one i downloaded from bandario wants me to update my firmware. i signed up for a japanese psn account, but it wont let me access the store without updating my firmware. i tried using the npdecryptor but it doesnt wanna work, and i suspect that itll still lead to me updating my firmware. i guess im hoping for some sort fix like what has been done to all the new games to get them to run on cfw 5.00 m33-6.
Sadly, I only know of it working when on 5.50 GEN-D and decrypted with NPDecrypter.
-Nobi

DevNall
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by DevNall »

Nobiyuki77 wrote:Sorry, posting on my iPhone isn't very useful. >> Corrected.
Ah, yeah, I understand completely.
Nobiyuki77 wrote:I suppose I can put it up since it's a free demo but it'll take a while.
If you wouldn't mind, I'd appreciate.

liquidpolicenaut
Red Dragon Priest

Post by liquidpolicenaut »

Ok, I finally got to play the Lunar demo...and I really like it! I even think I like it better so far than SSSC! Here are some of my impressions/observations:

- The animation sequences are the same as SSS and only take up the center of the screen (like a 4:3 picture on a 16:9 screen)...

- I really like the graphics. I feel this is how the graphics should have looked like in SSS. Burg, once again, feels different from the original TSS as you actually enter from the upper left of the screen and your house is on the first screen and the rest of the town is another screen down...

- The battle graphics are very nice as well. Much more animated and bigger than SSS. Spell effects are nice as well..

- The music....Now, before I start, I never liked the music in SSS (except the opening and Wind's Nocturne) but I LOVED the music in TSS. SSS music just sounded so MIDI-ish (even on the Saturn) and very uninspired while TSS music blew me away the first time I heard it (it was also the first RPG I played with CD music). Now, the music in this demo.....beautiful! NOW the music sounds a LOT better. I still dont think its anywhere close to TSS but it is a world of difference for me from SSS. Very nicely redone...

- The map is also a relief to me. I also hated the disgusting excuse they called a map in SSS (WHY were the characters so small?!?!?). Now the map is a single screen and it only has selectable places to go. I still miss the explorable maps from TSS and EB but I at least can understand why this sort of map is not used in SSH...

- I also noticed the whole thing about the music fading in and out between screens but I didnt find it THAT annoying. A little, yes, but not too distracting. I wonder if Xseed will try and fix it for the US release...

- When you beat the demo, you also get an extra video trailer showing some scenes from further on in the game..

All in all, I was so excited for this demo and was pleasantly surprised with it. *sigh* Lunar....I'm glad you're back :)
Visit my Youtube site!!
LiquidPolicenauts YouTube Videos

DevNall
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by DevNall »

Am I the only one who felt that the treasure chests strewn throughout Burg felt a little out of place?
liquidpolicenaut wrote:- The animation sequences are the same as SSS and only take up the center of the screen (like a 4:3 picture on a 16:9 screen)...
Also, it seems like in some cases, the edges of the screen fade to black on the map. Not really sure why they did that; whereas, I understand the video.
liquidpolicenaut wrote:- The battle graphics are very nice as well. Much more animated and bigger than SSS. Spell effects are nice as well..
I think this and the audio is definitely the highlight of this version.
liquidpolicenaut wrote:- The map is also a relief to me. I also hated the disgusting excuse they called a map in SSS (WHY were the characters so small?!?!?). Now the map is a single screen and it only has selectable places to go. I still miss the explorable maps from TSS and EB but I at least can understand why this sort of map is not used in SSH...
They want you to feel like the camera is much higher up. But I agree, the Frontier in TSS was pretty sweet.

I also rather liked the "loading" screen, although I will say that the load times felt higher than I would have expected for something running on a memory stick.