New Map: Yay or Nay?

For discussion of Lunar: Silver Star Harmony, the PSP remake of Lunar 1
liquidpolicenaut
Red Dragon Priest
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Re: New Map: Yay or Nay?

Post by liquidpolicenaut »

I was originally trying to say besides the actual OST what else could it be. Facepalm = unnecessary as I wasn't saying there ISN'T an OST for it. I was commenting on what Silver Phoenix's CD could be. Silver Phoenix said the guy who made it also included the Japanese intro as well as the English intro which, obviously, wasn't on the OST. It's not a straight rip so I was just randomly thinking what you could combine to get it (SSSC sountrack plus some original Mega CD rips, TSS Sega CD rip plus one track from the Mega CD, etc.)
Last edited by liquidpolicenaut on Thu Oct 29, 2009 1:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Visit my Youtube site!!
LiquidPolicenauts YouTube Videos

Quark
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Quark »

Thanks for all the information everyone. I am not exactly an IT sort of guy, so I will probably go with the path of least resistance and use the game disc. Thank you.

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Okay, LP, that makes a lot more sense. Thanks for explaining. I hadn't originally had the facepalm in there, but I guess I had an attack of cranky and put it in. Sorry. Kinda stressed out.

liquidpolicenaut
Red Dragon Priest

Alunissage wrote:Okay, LP, that makes a lot more sense. Thanks for explaining. I hadn't originally had the facepalm in there, but I guess I had an attack of cranky and put it in. Sorry. Kinda stressed out.
Nah, it's ok. We all get stressed out every now and then. All is forgiven :)
Visit my Youtube site!!

Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter

Post by Silver Phoenix »

Alun, always so snappy about the most minute things. Calm down girl! :mrgreen:

So, who is going to be nice and make me a copy of the Japanese soundtrack? I assume one of you would have it. I had a brainfart as I should have known there was a Japanese release for the original Lunar, because I have the Japanese Sega CD Eternal Blue soundtrack.

Like I said, my TSS cd was burned for me and it's just the tracks from the U.S. game itself with the addition of the Japanese opening theme. It was probably a downloaded mp3 just added in the burn.

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

There are actually two of the Japanese OST on eBay right now.

Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter

Post by Silver Phoenix »

They're both from the same seller, and what does W/OBI mean? With original box insert? Certainly not cheap.

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

OBI = spine card. And that soundtrack is never cheap; those are pretty reasonable for something this old! It's also the only one I don't have the spine card for, and it's almost tempting to get it for that and sell my duplicate.

Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter

Post by Silver Phoenix »

Don't hate me, but I just spent 60 bucks. I just hope the disc isn't scratched at all or I'll be mega pissed. He really shouldn't use the same picture for both listings, considering the second one may be missing the original insert and spinecard. I hate deception.

I just hope it's the real thing, and not a bootleg like my Lunar Eternal Blue soundtrack from SM Record. I have to say though, they did a good job on it because it has a disc design and illustration card in the insert. I thought I had the spinecard for it but I guess I lost it.

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

I've never seen a bootleg TSS OST in many years of watching auctions, so I think you'll be OK. I do have the SonMay EB (as well as the legit one, of course) and strangely enough the SM one has two additional tracks, taken from other Lunar soundtracks. The other Lunar soundtracks I've seen bootlegs of are Lunar Songs 1 and 2, EB Prelude (I think), and Magical Island vols 1 and 2. TSS, the Lunatic Festas and Parades, and the MS anime seem not to have been bootlegged.

If it's any consolation, I've paid more than that for a Lunar soundtrack. ^^; And I do think you'll enjoy this one. Besides the rather interestng medley which is posted or excerpted on the site, the track which has the Quark meeting music is by far the most interesting to me, since not only are there no rumbly voices over it, it goes on a bit longer than the scene itself does.

Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter

Post by Silver Phoenix »

I hope so. The seller contacted me and told me he shipped it out today, as it's already the afternoon in Japan. My Eternal Blue soundtrack has 16 songs, but you say the official only has 14? I wonder what the additions are. I don't have Eternal Blue Prelude, and I'm not sure what the real difference is between it and the official soundtrack.

I miss my copies of the Lunar games, because the cover for the TSS Japanese album is the same as the disc art I had on my TSS disc. :cry:

cj iwakura
Student of Vane

Post by cj iwakura »

It's funny how the hardware gets better, yet the software gets smaller. I liked the larger maps of the older games.

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Re EB OST, I think so. I'll check when I get home (I actually spent the night at work, sigh). It looks like the pic on the main site is of the SM one. The last two tracks are the additional ones.

EB Prelude is interesting. It's a drama CD, but has some music that's not used anywhere in the actual games or on any of the other soundtracks. For that reason alone it's rather cool. There's a sample of the first track on the main site:
http://lunar-net.com/merchandise/soundt ... relude.php

Hm, those scans are kind of grainy and stuff. I should take photos or scans of the official ones and send them to G1 to post.

liquidpolicenaut
Red Dragon Priest

Alunissage wrote:Re EB OST, I think so. I'll check when I get home (I actually spent the night at work, sigh). It looks like the pic on the main site is of the SM one. The last two tracks are the additional ones.

EB Prelude is interesting. It's a drama CD, but has some music that's not used anywhere in the actual games or on any of the other soundtracks. For that reason alone it's rather cool. There's a sample of the first track on the main site:
http://lunar-net.com/merchandise/soundt ... relude.php

Hm, those scans are kind of grainy and stuff. I should take photos or scans of the official ones and send them to G1 to post.
RE: EB OST...I, too, have the SM version of the Lunar EB soundtrack and mine also has 16 tracks. I've never actually laid my hands on a real EB soundtrack and I always wondered if the insert booklet was thicker/had more pages than the SM one...

I agree that the Lunar EB Prelude is an interesting cd. I always find those drama tracks kinda funny, kinda like the ones on the Lunar EB Premium CD..
Visit my Youtube site!!

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

So I took a look at my two copies of the EB OST, the official one and the SonMay one. And this was a surprise: the official OST does have 16 tracks. It's my SonMay version that is different from the rest of yours -- it has 18 tracks. Track 17 is "Althena's Song" (from EB Prelude and Lunar Songs 2) and I can't read what 18 is; I know I must have it written down somewhere. The booklet is also longer than that of the official OST because it has the lyrics for Althena's Song in it.

So there are even variants in bootlegs. Who knew? I'm guessing mine is a later printing -- although it's going to be really funny if it turns out that there are two versions of the official OST also. Still, see the attached scan of the tracklist -- you can see that the last two tracks are in a different font. I've also attached a picture of the disc of the original; I don't have one handy of my SM version, but the SM disc I have has the art of the four characters shown in the booklet: http://lunar-net.com/merchandise/soundtracks-ebost.php

LP, SP, what is the art on your EB OST disc?
Attachments
L2-OST-jewelcase-back-SM.jpg
L2-OST-jewelcase-back-SM.jpg (98.19 KiB) Viewed 17094 times
The official EB OST - different disc art from my SM one
The official EB OST - different disc art from my SM one
L2-OST-disc.gif (255.42 KiB) Viewed 17094 times

liquidpolicenaut
Red Dragon Priest

Wow, I guess there IS more than one version of the SM version! My booklet is the same (front, back and inside) as the one shown on Lunar-Net. It seems like you got some "deluxe" SM version from the sounds of it :) By any chance, do you remember when you bought your version?

Visit my Youtube site!!

Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter

Post by Silver Phoenix »

Alun and liquid, I have the same disc art as you do with the blue ink overlay and shiny Lunar Eternal Blue text. I'll have to take some pictures but how am I going to link them to the thread unless I find a place to host them? I just never upload files to a hosting site because anything I use I just keep on my harddrive.

You lucked out with your 18 track cd Alun, because I only have 16 tracks.

Edit: I took 5 pictures of everything included with the soundtrack exactly as it appears in the Merchandise section but I have the full insert images front to back, and I have a square illustration sticker that is a little smaller than the folded insert. I tweaked the back image with the tracklisting using Photoshop. The actual printing has an oversaturated blue so I cleaned it up to look more like the actual map should appear. Now I need to host them somewhere as L-Net doesn't have a picture upload button.

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

You can attach files to posts, no separate upload site required. That section of reply posting is right under the preview/submit/etc buttons.

Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter

Post by Silver Phoenix »

This is what happens when I'm tired. I seem to miss the obvious. Thanks luv.
Attachments
This is the illustration sticker
This is the illustration sticker
LunarEB-sticker.jpg (64.4 KiB) Viewed 17053 times
Inside the insert
Inside the insert
LunarEB-002.jpg (77.67 KiB) Viewed 17053 times
Front and Back cover
Front and Back cover
LunarEB-001.jpg (95.21 KiB) Viewed 17053 times

Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter

Post by Silver Phoenix »

I had to make another post as only three images are allowed per post. As you can see LP and I have the same tracklisting.
Attachments
I have the same back tracklisting as liquidpolicenaut but cleaned up the oversaturated blue to show a better map presentation.
I have the same back tracklisting as liquidpolicenaut but cleaned up the oversaturated blue to show a better map presentation.
LunarEB-005.jpg (172.49 KiB) Viewed 17053 times
Same disc art.
Same disc art.
LunarEB-004.jpg (98.92 KiB) Viewed 17053 times