New screens showing 4 heros! [SPOILERS]

For discussion of Lunar: Silver Star Harmony, the PSP remake of Lunar 1
Quark
Red Dragon Priest
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Re: New screens showing 4 heros!

Post by Quark »

Aaron wrote: More importantly why hasn't anyone commented on the BROMIDES AT THE BOTTOM?
I will second this motion on the grounds that Jessica is fine as hell!

DevNall
Blue Dragon Ninja

Re: New screens showing 4 heros! [SPOILERS]

Post by DevNall »

Did we ever get a translation of all of this posted?

Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter

Post by Silver Phoenix »

Kizyr is supposed to be working on it.

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

Yeah, it took longer than I thoguht working on that video, so I wasn't able to yet.

I'm going to be working on that today, and I'd like to get all three pages of Famitsu's special translated (whcih is quite a bit). Since the third one is more interesting, I'll probably start there. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Kizyr

Post by Kizyr »

Ok, check out the front page, or straight here:
SPOILER WARNINGS
http://www.lunar-net.com/ssh/websites-famitsu-hss2.php
SPOILER WARNINGS

Yeah, took me a while, I know. And this is the first time in ages I've had to post spoiler warnings about anything! KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter

Post by Silver Phoenix »

Ok, so Game Arts should make a "Prequel" with the Four Heroes to reveal that history of Lunar and a "Sequel" to see life transition from Lunar back to the Blue Star.
I'm buying a PSP for one game because I hate handhelds, and I insist on more console developed games.

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Well, it does mostly seem to fit in with the backstory given previously, although I remember Shiva Indis saying that the TSS guide had said that the human form of Althena had become old and weak. *shrug* It's a little disturbing how much resemblance this new character's history and actions seem to bear to previously-existing characters, though.

I'm really looking forward to more about the Four Heroes' personality interactions. Their ages, as usual, seem screwed up. Well, Lemia's, anyway. 19 would be reasonable for the time she joined the others (going by the Vheen manga), but I don't see her being five years younger than Dyne. And that certainly wouldn't be a reasonable age for leading the Guild unless something happened to her mother.

Nobiyuki77
Legendary Hero

Post by Nobiyuki77 »

Not to mention the ages don't add up when Mia's taken into account if this is 10 years prior. Mia would have to have been already born? I *guess* she could have been a young mother...
-Nobi

Lunar Eclipse
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Lunar Eclipse »

Nobiyuki77 wrote:Not to mention the ages don't add up when Mia's taken into account if this is 10 years prior. Mia would have to have been already born? I *guess* she could have been a young mother...
It would be 15 years prior rather than 10 considering Luna's 15 during the course of the main game. Of course, Mia's still one year older at 16 which makes the mechanics or Lemia having a child one year before the rebirth a little wonky, but I suppose that's always been a bit odd if you stop to think about it. She'd either have to have had her right before the Four Heroes' quest (which would've subsequently needed to take about a year) or there needs to be some sort of timeskip between this battle they've previewed and the scene we see in the flashback FMV in Silver Star Story when Althena is reborn.

Either way, the youngest she could've been when she had Mia was 18, which really isn't that young, particularly when we're talking about a non-industrial fantasy world.
Let those who war with life forfeit their own! -- Mareg, Grandia II

Kizyr

Post by Kizyr »

A wizard did it. And I've always taken characters' ages to be more "suggestions" than facts. Those always cause timeline headaches. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Quark
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Quark »

Silver Phoenix wrote:Ok, so Game Arts should make a "Prequel" with the Four Heroes to reveal that history of Lunar and a "Sequel" to see life transition from Lunar back to the Blue Star.
I'm buying a PSP for one game because I hate handhelds, and I insist on more console developed games.
I agree. I hope that after Game Arts is done with remakes that they consider a console for any new games.

DragonmasterDan
Lunar Legend

Post by DragonmasterDan »

Kizyr wrote:A wizard did it. And I've always taken characters' ages to be more "suggestions" than facts. Those always cause timeline headaches. KF
Yeah, and Mel has wizard aged white hair. I would think his hair would be a different color if he were only 27. Damn wizards, always causing continuity problems.

Aaron
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by Aaron »

Alunissage wrote:It's a little disturbing how much resemblance this new character's history and actions seem to bear to previously-existing characters, though.
I know what you mean, he sounds just like Ghaleon. But then I thought about it and it would make sense that friends or even ex-friends would influence what you believe and how you think. So I don't really see a huge problem with it. What I don't like is the old, "Hey lets throw in a 5th Hero and have him betray everyone to be the bad guy." I think that's a cheap shot considering the story leaves an open place for a villain. The addition that Althena, and the 4 heroes knew and spent time with this villain is unnecessary. This new story makes me wonder how they're going to fit this in http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tPk4cpVzgXA

One think I liked too was that Lunar just got a new race.

Under the description for Ghaleon he is listed as being a member of a long lived race.
So that means we have
Humans
Beastmen (not going to count halfbreeds)
Fairies
Vile Tribe
Ghaleon's race
Dragons

Lunar Eclipse
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Lunar Eclipse »

DragonmasterDan wrote:Yeah, and Mel has wizard aged white hair. I would think his hair would be a different color if he were only 27.
Considering there was already existing art for the young Four Heroes, I assume they felt pretty bound by it, and him being 42 in Silver Star Story's main time seems about right to me. Plus, it's anime. Hair can be just about any color at any age and still be "normal". XD
Let those who war with life forfeit their own! -- Mareg, Grandia II

cj iwakura
Student of Vane

Post by cj iwakura »

Lemia actually looks attractive for once! :P

And importing is silly when you know it'll get a US release with translated dialogue. Just be patient.

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

Aaron wrote:
Alunissage wrote:It's a little disturbing how much resemblance this new character's history and actions seem to bear to previously-existing characters, though.
I know what you mean, he sounds just like Ghaleon. But then I thought about it and it would make sense that friends or even ex-friends would influence what you believe and how you think. So I don't really see a huge problem with it. What I don't like is the old, "Hey lets throw in a 5th Hero and have him betray everyone to be the bad guy." I think that's a cheap shot considering the story leaves an open place for a villain. The addition that Althena, and the 4 heroes knew and spent time with this villain is unnecessary. This new story makes me wonder how they're going to fit this in http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tPk4cpVzgXA

One think I liked too was that Lunar just got a new race.

Under the description for Ghaleon he is listed as being a member of a long lived race.
So that means we have
Humans
Beastmen (not going to count halfbreeds)
Fairies
Vile Tribe
Ghaleon's race
Dragons
Vile Tribe is likely it. I think that's stated in the manga, and they seem to be basing it off of that more and more. Especially with the manga re-release. In fact, if any of you imported it (looking at Kiz and Shiva specifically) I'd be interested to know if there is any addition to it to tie into the new story.

BTW, I'm still wondering if the Mystic Ruins in EB are the Leviathan in ruin. The shapes of the floor and walls and such remind me of the top of the Mystic Ruins where Ghaleon's recording are held. In addition, if it is a Vile Tribe ship, it would make sense why Ghaleon would use it.
-G1

Aaron
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by Aaron »

Now I'm wondering if that mask is similar to Lemia's mask in Lunar 1. Meaning...is Ghaleon controlling his friend from behind the scenes...in order to get Althena where he wants her?

Kizyr

Post by Kizyr »

Aaron wrote:One think I liked too was that Lunar just got a new race.
It's still most likely Vile Tribe, same as Xenobia/Phacia/Royce. The Vane manga elaborated on this, but there are many Vile Tribe who don't look demonic at all, Ghaleon included.
cj iwakura wrote:Lemia actually looks attractive for once!
I dunno what you're talking about. Lemia always looked attractive (in the Vane manga and in the new scenes, of course, but also in the original SSS/TSS). The only reason she didn't in TSS/SSS was because you finally saw her just after she'd been imprisoned for weeks/months. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Monde Luna
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by Monde Luna »

I was always under the impression that Ghaleon was of the Vile Tribe.

And G1 I hope you are right about the Leviathan, it would really be nice to know what the mystic ruins used to be.

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

I will be extremely shocked if Ghaleon is made to be anything but Vile Tribe/Magic Race. That's been established since SSS's release (since Funato's manga, in which this is a major point, was released to coincide with it and Shigema seems to consider it canon); it was also reinforced in Dragon Song with the users of "black magic" which all seemed to resemble Ghaleon. And, of course, the Vile Tribe being long-lived was a key aspect of the very first Lunar manga, Childhood's End. I don't know why anyone would assume that that article meant that Ghaleon's was a new race.