Prologue discussion (split from First Day Sales)

For discussion of Lunar: Silver Star Harmony, the PSP remake of Lunar 1
vicdaman
Saith Pirate
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Prologue discussion (split from First Day Sales)

Post by vicdaman »

DevNall wrote:
vicdaman wrote:i also heard from someone who lives in Japan that the added four heroes story is a prolouge.
Come on video!
someone already posted it on youtube and even subtitled it. beware though. huge spoilers of the whole thing.

part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H868NTUmOr4
part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iEsybeOZmCc
part 3: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ke5_ednOYSQ

Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter

Re: First Day Sales

Post by Silver Phoenix »

*Spoilermegazord*
I think it's interesting that they used Eternal Blue music at the beginning of the game when The Four Heroes arrive. I really like the new music they wrote for this prologue, and this is really the only "new" Lunar segment we've had in a very long time if you can pretend that Dragon Song never existed. It's a shame that the art style and animation wasn't used in a console version because it looks so good. I loved seeing the weapons on each character, and Lemia and Ghaleon had awesome staffs. I was a bit disappointed with the spells as they just seem too similar between the characters even though they have minor differences. I'm referring to the fire/explosion spells. I think it would have been great if the spells were really unique for the Four Heroes, and not incorporate some of what Alex and Co. would end up with. I understand the correlation for the Dragonmaster, but the other spells like Dancing Sword or whatever it's called that Lemia casts. I know why, but it would just be even better for something completely new.

Aipherun/Aiferun was like a bad Zophar clone with an even worse design. Do the Five Princes of the Black Star ever join his head or do they always just float there stupidly? I think they could have been a bit more creative with that battle to make it more epic, and at least have some explosion when he dies instead of bleeping out of existence. That's one thing I never cared for in Lunar battles. It's interesting how the Black Star is supposed to come crashing into Lunar, whereas originally the battle was supposed to incorporate the Black Dragon going crazy. I agree with people saying that Ghaleon's Japanese VA doesn't fit him.

Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter

Post by Silver Phoenix »

One other thing...

After the battle with the Four Heroes and the game starts at Alex/Luna's house didn't it seem a bit too infantalizing the way they were acting, and how the parents talked to them? I don't know if they are supposed to be younger there, but if it's supposed to be present day then it makes them seem way too childish and not teenagers ready to go on an adventure. It's like bedtime stories for a 5 year old.

Lunar Eclipse
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Lunar Eclipse »

They're younger there and probably are around five, so it doesn't seem inappropriate to me. The different, smaller sprites for Alex and Luna should've been a good indication.
Let those who war with life forfeit their own! -- Mareg, Grandia II

DevNall
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by DevNall »

Is there any info about the "black star" provided elsewhere?

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

Silver Phoenix wrote:One other thing...
Spoilered:
Yes, they were definitely supposed to be younger. This was at least implicit in the dialogue, and as Lunar Eclipse pointed out, the sprites also looked much younger than present-day as well. (In other words, they were supposed to be bedtime stories for children.) KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Alunissage
Goddess

Re: Prologue discussion (split from First Day Sales)

Post by Alunissage »

Split this off so we don't need to use spoiler tags for all of it. Please use spoiler tags for any references that occur later in the game, though.

I haven't watched the videos, so I don't know the content of the scene yet. I did pay a lot of attention to the spells and stuff, though. Going from memory here as my notes are at home.

Dyne: same spells as Alex. Arts move is Four Dragon Sword -- I think it was a 1E spell instead of an AE like Alex's Wind Sword. Dyne's HP is same as Laike's is later in the game. Four attacks.

Lemia: same spells as Mia. Arts move also same effect as Mia's MistVeil (invincibility for all for 3 rounds), but different name, which I can't remember (edit: Aura Defender?). One attack.

Mel: same skills as Kyle. I forget if the Arts move was the same, though. (Edit: it was named something like Blood Dive.) Two attacks.

Ghaleon: Same four attack spells as he has as a party member in SSS, plus four of Jessica's healing/cure spells. I forget which exactly, but probably Heal Litany, Calm Litany, Purity (?) Litany, and Miracle Litany; I'm pretty sure of that last one. Arts move is same effect as Luna's, though I think again with a different name (edit: Power of Revival?). One attack, but it didn't seem to fill up his Arts gauge at all, while his spells did.

One thing that I thought was kind of cool is that when Dyne defends, it's clearly the Red Dragon Shield he holds in front of him. Mel also holds a shield in front of him (where does he carry it?) but it's much more generic. Ghaleon and Lemia hold their staves, which I think are different, up in front of their faces.

Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter

Re: Prologue discussion (split from First Day Sales)

Post by Silver Phoenix »

As for the sprites concerning Alex and Luna, I don't have the game in front of me to see for myself so it was hard to tell if they're the same during play and not just them in pajamas. I thought they might have been younger but didn't know for sure.

It would be a shame for Eternal Blue not to receive this more artful treatment of a remake with as much effort put into it as HSS.