Lunar Harmony of Silver Star - Four Heroes scenario (video)

For discussion of Lunar: Silver Star Harmony, the PSP remake of Lunar 1
Alunissage
Goddess
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Re: Lunar Harmony of Silver Star - Four Heroes scenario (video)

Post by Alunissage »

phyco126 wrote:Unless they can put two and two together when Luna just sings the same song that Althena sang in the prolouge. I really wish they changed that.
Spoiler for later in the game, just before taking Ghaleon to Quark's cave:
Ghaleon apparently does just that in essentially a brand-new scene in Burg, the one Nobi mentioned. Near as I can tell, Luna offers to sing for him at the fountain where she's singing at the beginning of the game, and when she does he flashes back to that part of the prologue, spelling it out really clearly to the player. And, of course, making it even more ludicrous that any girls would be abducted after that point in the game, which I presume still happens although I haven't gotten far enough yet to confirm.

However, while it's made blindingly obvious to the player, how likely is it that the rest of the populace knows of Althena's song as seen in the prologue? The only other people there were the other three heroes, and Dyne obviously wouldn't tell. Mel never hears Luna sing, and Lemia only does when she's wearing the mask and not exactly in any shape to make the connection.

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

I didn't watch the entire video. But just a question: does the translation there seem 'complete' enough?

I'll probably do my own translation of this somewhere on down the line, but I was just curious if other people felt this one offered enough information. What I saw was all right. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

I still haven't gotten all that far (I'm just leaving Vane for Lann) and it's not like I can read anything anyways, but do any of the books in Vane/Damon's Spire/elsewhere have any new information in them? Just wondering if they reference anything from Dragon Song or more on the Four Heroes. I'm glad that they just left the books in at all, really. That was always a Lunar highlight to me.
-G1

Temzin
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Temzin »

Kizyr wrote:I didn't watch the entire video. But just a question: does the translation there seem 'complete' enough?

I'll probably do my own translation of this somewhere on down the line, but I was just curious if other people felt this one offered enough information. What I saw was all right. KF
I wasn't paying much attention to the English, but it seemed perfectly fine for the most part from what I do remember, though it definitely doesn't read as smoothly as a pro translation. He doesn't bother to find an equivalent for Dyne's lame pun, and as Shiva mentioned, the sentence structure when a dying Aiferun prophesizes that the wretched state he's reduced to will also be that of [Ghaleon] in the future doesn't work very well in English, but otherwise I expect it will do. It's not terribly complicated dialogue anyhow.
aka Maou

Shiva Indis
White Dragon Knight

Post by Shiva Indis »

I agree with Temzin. (As usual. ^_^) The translation is serviceable, but there are a few places where fine-tuning would be worthwhile.

I'm very interested in comparing the contents of the Vane library/Damon's Tower, but my attempts to find the SSS equivalents hasn't been very fruitful. Any suggestions? Also, there's another additional scene in Vane before going to Lann that I don't think anyone has mentioned. It sets up the later Burg spring one.
「まあいいけど。」

Temzin
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Temzin »

Shiva Indis wrote:I agree with Temzin. (As usual. ^_^) The translation is serviceable, but there are a few places where fine-tuning would be worthwhile.
"This could be the beginning of a beautiful friendship," as Bogey says.

Meanwhile, another thing about the addition of Aiferun that struck me today, continuity-wise:

This could potentially have a weird effect on Harmony's connection with Eternal Blue, in that Aiferun's ghost would theoretically have been just as useful as Ghaleon's ghost for Zophar's purposes (at least as he imagined it before being betrayed), if not more so. TSS Ghaleon, of course, hates Althena and actually blackens the skies and destroys all kinds of things, but SSS authoritarian Ghaleon doesn't seem particularly more appealing than Aiferun at this point as far as an anti-Althena figure for Zophar's purposes.

Granted, SSS Ghaleon is actually going to kill Black Luna (this is much more clearly stated in the original than in English) by draining all her power into himself, whereas in TSS she looked like she would just remain his slave, so I guess there's still something to him as an anti-Althena force, but then, Aiferun was going to kill Althena in his magic furnace, too, so...

On the other hand, TSS Ghaleon is still chosen for resurrection even with the TSS backstory of the four heroes having fought a mighty god or demigod or whatever, so I guess even then, it didn't matter for Zophar that there was theoretically a greater threat to Althena than Ghaleon at some point. So I guess it's fine.

Just some idle thoughts.
aka Maou

Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter

Post by Silver Phoenix »

Magic Furnace = Lame

Seriously, this needs to be changed into something more interesting at least word-wise. How about the Power Usurper or the Magic Essence Machine... just something.

Not that the thing couldn't have been dealt with a little better other than it's cheezey EZ Bake Oven pop open and close mechanics.

Temzin
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Temzin »

Well, you could do it as "Magic Reactor," too, but that word is a little incongruous for Lunar's world. Hum.
aka Maou

Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter

Post by Silver Phoenix »

How about... The Goddess Juicer! It's powerfully delicious.

Lunar Eclipse
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Lunar Eclipse »

They could call it an athanor or something since that's a magical alchemic furnace.
Let those who war with life forfeit their own! -- Mareg, Grandia II

Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter

Post by Silver Phoenix »

I've never heard of an athanor, and I'm sure most people would have no idea what it is either.

Aquaignis
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Aquaignis »

An Athenor is just the name for an alchemic furnace. Not really a reference to any particular pop media such as anime, etc.
Some of the answers in this post are made of frozen lose with whipped failsauce topping and suck sprinkles......

Shiva Indis
White Dragon Knight

Post by Shiva Indis »

Silver Phoenix wrote:I've never heard of an athanor, and I'm sure most people would have no idea what it is either.
That's why it'd be perfect! :mrgreen:
「まあいいけど。」

Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter

Post by Silver Phoenix »

Alright, well you go tell XSEED that.

Kizyr

Post by Kizyr »

GhaleonOne wrote:I still haven't gotten all that far (I'm just leaving Vane for Lann) and it's not like I can read anything anyways, but do any of the books in Vane/Damon's Spire/elsewhere have any new information in them? Just wondering if they reference anything from Dragon Song or more on the Four Heroes. I'm glad that they just left the books in at all, really. That was always a Lunar highlight to me.
In the Vane library, there's a direct reference to Lucia, and a reference to the Blue Spire being somewhere in the desert to the far West (yes, West, not East or in the direction of the Frontier) as evidence that humanity once lived on the Blue Star.

Otherwise, I haven't found anything new. I haven't gotten to Damon's Spire yet, though. I'm only this weekend getting the chance to play through it all. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter

Post by Silver Phoenix »

Well at least they reference Lucia and the Blue Spire at all, but it would have been nice to add a little more depth than just merely mentioning it. Hopefully they remember to add this in the US version.
Last edited by Silver Phoenix on Wed Dec 02, 2009 12:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kizyr

Post by Kizyr »

Silver Phoenix wrote:Well at least they reference Lucia and the Blue Spire at all, but it would have been nice to add a little more deptht than just merely mentioning it. Hopefully they remember to add this in the US version.
What sort of depth? KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter

Post by Silver Phoenix »

Well I don't have the text in-game to reference from since I'm waiting for the US release, but I'm referring to making it more of a major point than just a mere mention of a girl being on the Blue Star. This way when/if an Eternal Blue third iteration comes along people have that bit of story connecting.

Anyone aside from me more than a bit depressed/disappointed that we'll probably never have a third Lunar following after EB? Yeah, a Four Hereoes game would be great and all but it just wouldn't be what I want after all of this time. That and having the segment in HoSS just derails it's impact if that were the case.

Kizyr

Post by Kizyr »

Silver Phoenix wrote:Well I don't have the text in-game to reference from since I'm waiting for the US release, but I'm referring to making it more of a major point than just a mere mention of a girl being on the Blue Star. This way when/if an Eternal Blue third iteration comes along people have that bit of story connecting.
The text says something along the lines of: Althena left behind one girl on the Blue Star, her name is Lu-- / Nall: I can't make out the text after that...

I don't have it in front of me and don't have the dialogue memorized, so I can't give you a complete translation right now. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter

Post by Silver Phoenix »

Thanks Kiz. If anything I would think that would just pique the interest of someone playing the game to wonder why that "girl" would be left behind. Of course we know why, but for anyone new to the series.