Note to XSEED

For discussion of Lunar: Silver Star Harmony, the PSP remake of Lunar 1
Monde Luna
Blue Dragon Ninja
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Note to XSEED

Post by Monde Luna »

Please start advertising for L: SSH. Does it bother anyone else that we haven't seen any US advertisements for this game yet? I’m dying to buy a magazine that has an article, review or a nice full page advertisement for this game. I think I am starting to get inpatient. =o)

Aaron
Blue Dragon Ninja

Re: Note to XSEED

Post by Aaron »

Xseed doesn't really advertise its games. The only reason I knew about Holy Invasion of Privacy Badman was because there were two different demos out. Also GameTrailers.com helped.

But, I don't see Xseed really promoting any of its games.

Lunar Eclipse
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Lunar Eclipse »

Not to mention that since there's not even a website or solid release date yet, there's not much point in advertising. Why try to build hype several months before the release when it'll inevitably die pretty quickly unless it's sustained, which would entail costs that I doubt XSEED would want to squander?
Let those who war with life forfeit their own! -- Mareg, Grandia II

Shiva Indis
White Dragon Knight

Post by Shiva Indis »

Oh, yeah, Xseed registers domain names for their product sites, don't they? Speaking of which, http://lunarsilverstarharmony.com/ .

Those unofficial release dates of 2 months from now don't seem very plausible at this point. In fact, I hope they aren't. There are some appreciable improvements Xseed could make that I'd like to think wouldn't be too complex if they give themselves a little extra time.
「まあいいけど。」

Lunar Eclipse
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Lunar Eclipse »

Eh, yeah, I imagine those rumored release dates are incorrect, particularly since XSEED has been taking on way too much lately. Like, Arc Rise Fantasia was supposed to come out in November, and then they decided they couldn't even get around to it at all and passed the project off to a different company, which now means it's slated for this coming summer.
Let those who war with life forfeit their own! -- Mareg, Grandia II

Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter

Post by Silver Phoenix »

XSEED reminds me about the bad aspects of Working Designs, because they're a small company and they want to take on more than they can handle. At this point I really don't know if they plan on changing anything with the game because of how swamped they are. Very unfortunate, but even the end result will most likely be better than a shi++y localization by Ubisoft.

A company like Atlus would be better to handle the game because they seem to cater to fans more, but XSEED has released a good amount of games.

And remember, we're Lunar-Net not XSEED so your questions are best assessed by them.

Aaron
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by Aaron »

Scott Fry / Kyla Keefe
ONE PR Studio
scott@oneprstudio.com / kyla@oneprstudio.com
510-893-3271

Jimmy Soga, XSEED Games
pr@xseedmarketing.com
310-792-0059

There are their PR reps and people in charge. Maybe we should write them letters and cram in like 20 e-mails to them then maybe they'll listen to us about fixing some of the errors in the Jap version. Or we could send a formal e-mail representing the community. But I don't think that would matter. So FLOOD THEIR E-MAILS. Someone should put a list together of what needs to be addressed.

Monde Luna
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by Monde Luna »

Thanks for the info guys you all really filled me in on a lot that I did not know about XSEED. And I already send them an e-mail asking for some kind of information about Lunar. I have yet to get a response. If I get a response I will let you know.

Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter

Post by Silver Phoenix »

Well it took about a week until I got a reply, so just be patient. Also, it's best to be professional in how you approach them and not an overzealous fan. :mrgreen:

In any case, it's good for fans to email them as it shows there is interest in purchasing their games. We need our Lunar like an addict needs a hit.

Monde Luna
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by Monde Luna »

True story! I have been having Lunar withdraws for about ten years.
As for my email to XSEED it was short and simple. I just asked if and when the LSSH site was going to be launched if at all. And I asked if they had any idea what the approximate release date would be. My email was sent Nov 30th. I will wait patiently, I really didn't expect a reply anyway. I was surprised when I saw that you actually got one. :mrgreen:

Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter

Post by Silver Phoenix »

People love them some Silver Phoenix, don't hate! :P

Seriously though, they're probably a little backed up with replying to emails and getting work done before the holidays. I sent my email on December 1, so it's possible they may not have gotten your email. What did you title the subject header?

I just checked the date on the email and I received my response on December 8.

Monde Luna
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by Monde Luna »

Naw, I'm not hatin' just jealous. :P My subject header was: Lunar Silver Star Harmony. I try to be a woman of few words... (the key word in that sentence is try)

Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter

Post by Silver Phoenix »

Seriously, I titled my email almost exactly the same (Lunar: Silver Star Harmony).

All I can say is try emailing them again, and put Attn: Ken, question regarding Lunar: Silver Star Harmony.

As you can see in my response email, he said that there will "hopefully" be an announcement from them within the next week or so.

Monde Luna
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by Monde Luna »

I think I'll wait a couple of weeks, if we don't get any good news by Christmas I will try again. I sent my e-mail to Sarah though not Ken.

Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter

Post by Silver Phoenix »

Well maybe you won't need to send another email and we'll have an announcement very soon.