Xseed announces limited edition bundle

For discussion of Lunar: Silver Star Harmony, the PSP remake of Lunar 1
Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Re: Xseed announces limited edition bundle

Post by Silver Phoenix »

Unfortunately a majority of GS employees are just hired help, and have no clue about what they're selling. Granted there are those who know what they're talking about, but when I come across one of the ignorant ones I want to use a heat gun and wrap their face in shrink wrap. People like these add to Stupid Consumer Syndrome, and there is sure as hell a lot of that.

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

Silver Phoenix wrote:I'm surprised they gave you a refund, and didn't try to say you kept the games but brought the boxes. Were they manufacturer wrapped before you opened them?
No, they weren't wrapped (never are; they take the games out and put them behind the counter). I think part of the reason they believed me is because I called them immediately the next morning from the airport, and made sure to get a guarantee that I'd be able to get a refund when I came back in the following week. I also suspect that the employee who was working that evening (the one who's name was on the receipt) had made the same mistake before.

I've had differing experiences at GameStop. But when the bad experiences involve me nearly losing my money due to someone else's stupidity, it doesn't make up for the one time I was chatting with this cute girl behind the counter about Phoenix Wright. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter

Post by Silver Phoenix »

Yes, in those cases the CONS far outweigh the PROS. I'm glad you were able to get your money back without a problem. They won't even let you trade-in an unopened game, so you have to unwrap it and then trade it in used.

I never buy a game unless it's wrapped from the manufacturer, and it just doesn't feel like you're buying something new if they have to put the game in the box it originally came in.

Werefrog
Dragonmaster

Post by Werefrog »

Silver Phoenix wrote:Unfortunately a majority of GS employees are just hired help, and have no clue about what they're selling.
See, I don't really have a problem with that. This is the full extent of my conversation with a Gamespot employee.

Me: Do you have the new Zelda game?
GS Employee: Yes.
Me: Cool, I'll take it.
GS Employee: Any games you want to trade?
Me: No.
GS: Would you like the strategy guide?
GS: Are you sure? It's pretty hard.
Me: I'll go to GameFAQs. (I actually told an employee that once.)
GS: Would you like to purchase a copy of our magazine (that is, ads that you pay to read)?
GS: Would you like to purchase the Zelda game coming out for the Wii or that new Final Fantasy game (that is money that we can start earning interest on)?

The way I see it, an informed employee would just lead to more annoying salesmanship. I realize that this is their job, but personally, I would rather avoid this by buying my games on Amazon. I know some people become regulars and expect some sort of conversation about video games from the employees. To me, Gamespot just isn't that sort of place. That's what I might expect from an indie game store.

I see what you're saying though that it would be nice for the store to help clueless parents and kids. But it's one of those things that unfortunately there's little profit in. Whenever you're going to a store, your best bet is to be informed.

Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter

Post by Silver Phoenix »

To me, Gamespot just isn't that sort of place.
You mean GameStop. :P I know, it's easy to mix them up. You at least had an intelligent robot employee, but it's a shame they are forced to do their telemarketing to your face so you buy more things. I just get annoyed by people who try to sell me games when they don't even know what system it's for when it's exclusive.

Werefrog
Dragonmaster

Post by Werefrog »

Silver Phoenix wrote: You mean GameStop.
Yeah, lol. I wonder who chose their name first Gamespot or GameStop. One of them should change its name.

Final Night
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Final Night »

What do you suppose the chances are of there being a preorder bonus in addition to the awesome stuff we're getting with the CE?
† Final Night †

Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter

Post by Silver Phoenix »

I had wondered if GS was going to do anything in addition, but I decided to just pre-order on Amazon. Yeah, if there was something extra I'd probably order there too or cancel my Amazon order.

DevNall
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by DevNall »

Apparently GameStop is now listing 2/23.

Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter

Post by Silver Phoenix »

And here I was hoping for sooner than later. It's too close to March, and so far there are two games coming that are going to eat away my time.