Lunar no.1 in PSP Games in amazon.com!!!

For discussion of Lunar: Silver Star Harmony, the PSP remake of Lunar 1
TerraBemani
Student of Vane
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Re: Lunar no.1 in PSP Games in amazon.com!!!

Post by TerraBemani »

Silver Phoenix wrote:You would think Digital Downloads would make games cost less but it won't. You can see full game prices for digital downloads are the same as the actual manufactured game prices.

Cartridges were more expensive to manufacture than cds, so that was a big reason for the technology to shift. Of course I'm not a fan of paying $60 for every damn PS3 game either.

I remember Virtua Racing for the Genesis was $100 when it released.
Oh wow Virtua Racing. I actually have this. The cart is almost twice as long as the average genesis cart too. Here's a pic of it. http://yardsales.lizndom.com/2005/32-gengames.jpg

$100 was how much I payed for Lunar 1 & 2 Sega CD complete back in 2003 too. XD

Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter

Post by Silver Phoenix »

I actually liked Virtua Racing back in the day, and even for it's simple visuals it had good appeal. It was pretty much a cartridge with a boner.

Vyse of Arcadia
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Vyse of Arcadia »

Bleh. A friend of mine had Virtua Racing, and I felt sorry for his parents, shelling out all that money for such a boring game. But I ascribe to the Mario Kart philosophy of racing games. I fail to see how they're fun unless you can shoot things at or otherwise screw with the other racers.

Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter

Post by Silver Phoenix »

It was more of an arcade racer done in an entirely new style, that's what made it interesting. Of course after a while it does get boring, but it's certainly not a bad game.

I just downloaded the demo for Sonic and SEGA All-Stars Racing. I haven't played it yet, but if you like Mario Kart people are saying it's actually good. It plays similarly, but the gameplay uses drifting in a different way. I actually already pre-paid for the game because it looks polished and it plays well from reviews and previews. I bought it for PS3.