Lunar no.1 in PSP Games in amazon.com!!!

For discussion of Lunar: Silver Star Harmony, the PSP remake of Lunar 1
Old_School
Red Dragon Priest
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Re: Lunar no.1 in PSP Games in amazon.com!!!

Post by Old_School »

Lunar is the solution. If everyone buys a copy, there will be a seq....AHEM!...the economy will be fixed.

ShindoW
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by ShindoW »

Old_School wrote:Lunar is the solution. If everyone buys a copy, there will be a seq....AHEM!...the economy will be fixed.
We must all buy several copies of Lunar! :lol:

Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter

Post by Silver Phoenix »

Lunar is Universal Healthcare, everyone needs it.

sux2bme
Nanza Bandit

Post by sux2bme »

http://news.vgchartz.com/news.php?id=7049

american preorder chart

lunar stands @ 31k...

wow US just beaten the jap version...

Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter

Post by Silver Phoenix »

Those numbers aren't to be considered accurate, but it would be nice if they were and went even higher.

sux2bme
Nanza Bandit

Post by sux2bme »

Silver Phoenix wrote:Those numbers aren't to be considered accurate, but it would be nice if they were and went even higher.
yeah hopefully...

TerraBemani
Student of Vane

Post by TerraBemani »

Vyse of Arcadia wrote:I've found that the places with the cheapest rent are college towns. So long as you don't mind putting up with more concentrated idiocy than normal, it's not so bad. I've a 3 bedroom apartment, no roommates, about $650 per month, all bills accounted for. Then again, Alabama also has one of the lowest costs of living in the US.

But yeah, I found it funny how vocally people complained about $60 PS3 and 360 games. I guess they never noticed their parents paying $60-$80 for Genesis and SNES games.
Yep.

$80 Phantasy Star games I believe 3 was around $83 at one time? Final Fantasy 3 snes had to be around $75 too. Hell I remember Mortal Kombat Trilogy on n64 being $75 new. And that $300 Sega CD too. I've got old electronics boutique catalogs they would mail you from around 1994 and so with tons of stuff like this. A $50+ Barbie snes game? XD

Was Lunar 2 EBC on ps1 $70 new by the way? I forget. I know it has all the extras too. But I was just trying to remember the new retail prices for the ps1 remakes.

Old_School
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Old_School »

TerraBemani wrote:
Yep.

$80 Phantasy Star games I believe 3 was around $83 at one time? Final Fantasy 3 snes had to be around $75 too. Hell I remember Mortal Kombat Trilogy on n64 being $75 new. And that $300 Sega CD too. I've got old electronics boutique catalogs they would mail you from around 1994 and so with tons of stuff like this. A $50+ Barbie snes game? XD

Was Lunar 2 EBC on ps1 $70 new by the way? I forget. I know it has all the extras too. But I was just trying to remember the new retail prices for the ps1 remakes.
And that was when we had less inflation and money was worth more. I think EBC was $60 new.

Final Night
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Final Night »

Old_School wrote:
TerraBemani wrote:
Yep.

And that was when we had less inflation and money was worth more. I think EBC was $60 new.
$60 sounds right. I know it was a pretty penny for me at the time when I didn't have much money.

I do wish game prices would go down. Once everything is digital they might... not that that's what I want to see either though.
† Final Night †

Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter

Post by Silver Phoenix »

You would think Digital Downloads would make games cost less but it won't. You can see full game prices for digital downloads are the same as the actual manufactured game prices.

Cartridges were more expensive to manufacture than cds, so that was a big reason for the technology to shift. Of course I'm not a fan of paying $60 for every damn PS3 game either.

I remember Virtua Racing for the Genesis was $100 when it released.

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

Silver Phoenix wrote:You would think Digital Downloads would make games cost less but it won't. You can see full game prices for digital downloads are the same as the actual manufactured game prices.
The form of media has almost no bearing on the price. The same holds true for books: hardcover and paperbacks have a less-than-$1 difference to make, and paper itself is relatively cheap. The selling price is nearly all based on expectations of what someone can charge, and recovering development/marketing costs. So, whether it's digital download or physical media will have little to no bearing on the price. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

DevNall
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by DevNall »

Final Night wrote:I do wish game prices would go down. Once everything is digital they might... not that that's what I want to see either though.
Actually they have gone down when you adjust for inflation. But the problem is that console games cost significantly more to make these days.

Unfortunately, this means console game prices should really be going up, not down.
Silver Phoenix wrote:You would think Digital Downloads would make games cost less but it won't.
Well, potentially, they could price the digital version lower, but this would anger the big distributors (e.g., Gamestop).

Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter

Post by Silver Phoenix »

Kizyr wrote:
Silver Phoenix wrote:You would think Digital Downloads would make games cost less but it won't. You can see full game prices for digital downloads are the same as the actual manufactured game prices.
The form of media has almost no bearing on the price. The same holds true for books: hardcover and paperbacks have a less-than-$1 difference to make, and paper itself is relatively cheap. The selling price is nearly all based on expectations of what someone can charge, and recovering development/marketing costs. So, whether it's digital download or physical media will have little to no bearing on the price. KF
Why are you making a point of trying to negate what I'm saying when I'm saying the same basic thing without going into detail about price versus format? The premise is the same.

Kizyr

Post by Kizyr »

Silver Phoenix wrote:Why are you making a point of trying to negate what I'm saying when I'm saying the same basic thing without going into detail about price versus format? The premise is the same.
Why are you assuming that I'm trying to negate your point in the first place?

On forums, occasionally people like to support other folks' points with a different perspective.

I really think you need to get out of the habit of assuming that everyone responding to you is doing so to contradict you. It's starting to affect the quality of your posts. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter

Post by Silver Phoenix »

Well, you could say "in agreement" when quoting directly. You forget this thing called the internet where expression can be taken a multitude of ways and very easily misunderstood. I am not the only person on this forum who takes a defensive stand when they feel offended in some form, regardless of it being intentional or not.

I just happen to be one of the few who clarifies it, and makes sure there's no ill intent. For whatever reason the atmosphere on here seems to be defensive as of late, and it certainly isn't just me.

Kizyr

Post by Kizyr »

Silver Phoenix wrote:Well, you could say "in agreement" when quoting directly. You forget this thing called the internet where expression can be taken a multitude of ways and very easily misunderstood. I am not the only person on this forum who takes a defensive stand when they feel offended in some form, regardless of it being intentional or not.
No. I'm not going to state the obvious when something can easily be inferred from the actual content of my post. There wasn't any emotion behind what I said before, and there wasn't any hidden subtext behind it. It was simply a statement of fact, connected to something you had said already.

If you quit assuming that everyone who responds to you is out to contradict you, you'll likely find that fewer people than you believe actually are contradicting you in the first place. Your earlier post wasn't clarifying nor asking anything; it was assuming that I was negating you in the first place.

Furthermore, there are many people who do disagree with you on several things (myself included). Most people here are able to adopt a calm attitude about it. About 90% of the time you have as well; the last month or so has been an odd exception. Really, what happened? Why have you been so defensive about everything, to the point where you're not just arguing with folks who disagree with you, but even when folks are in agreement? KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Old_School
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Old_School »

Yup, there are even times when it costs more to download. I noticed that Hammerin' Hero is $20 on PSN, but I regularly see the physical UMD for $15, new. This is even more common with movies. A lot of the movies that are $10 over PSN/Xbox live are only $5 in a Wal-Mart bargain bin.

Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter

Post by Silver Phoenix »

Some companies want digital only access so they have firm control over pricing, and don't have to worry about how stock is moving/not moving in a store. Of course if your only available way of making a purchase of a particular product is digital only then you don't have another choice. Well actually, you do have a choice. It's buy or don't buy. :)

Digital Downloads also eliminate the middle man, so the producer gets most if not all of the profit.

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Post by Sonic# »

Digital Downloads also eliminate the middle man, so the producer gets most if not all of the profit.
I'm unsure about how I feel about digital downloading. I've been doing it with several games lately (most recently Empire: Total War, which was on sale last week on Steam). I do it for purely economic reasons, that is, whenever it's a deal I can't pass up.

But I still want the option to browse these things in person, to fondle the boxes, to scan the back cover, to be pulled hither and yon by the two games in my hand, when I've only budgeted for one. Besides, I like having a copy of a game that is independent of any online service (Impulse, Steam) and that would not be lost with a hard drive crash. And Digital Downloads most often still have some "middle man," except in the cases where the provider is the publisher. So I try to buy in person...
Sonic#

"Than seyde Merlion, "Whethir lyke ye bettir the swerde othir the scawberde?" "I lyke bettir the swerde," seyde Arthure. "Ye ar the more unwyse, for the scawberde ys worth ten of the swerde; for whyles ye have the scawberde uppon you, ye shall lose no blood, be ye never so sore wounded. Therefore kepe well the scawberde allweyes with you." --- Le Morte Darthur, Sir Thomas Malory

"Just as you touch the energy of every life form you meet, so, too, will will their energy strengthen you. Fail to live up to your potential, and you will never win. " --- The Old Man at the End of Time

Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter

Post by Silver Phoenix »

I much prefer tangible game releases myself, and I prefer not to waste space on a hard drive or memory stick. A lot of companies are doing this so they don't have to worry about manufacturing cost, but I always prefer to have game content in a solid form.

One such case is with Resident Evil 5: Gold Edition. Sure I could just get the new DLC cheaper, but if something ever happened to my system I would have to re-download it. I only have an 80 GB system that is down to around 40+ GB and I prefer to not waste space on such a small addition. So, I'm just going to use some gift cards and buy the game for a second time. This release is only $10 cheaper, and I'm stupid for not spending $14 for the total DLC packs. I just prefer to have the content where I can use it anywhere, and in a tangible form.