Lunar no.1 in PSP Games in amazon.com!!!

For discussion of Lunar: Silver Star Harmony, the PSP remake of Lunar 1
Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Re: Lunar no.1 in PSP Games in amazon.com!!!

Post by Silver Phoenix »

Final Night wrote:
Silver Phoenix wrote:As for shipping, I just went with Free Super Saver shipping since it's free on orders $25 and over on Amazon.

I think some of you who have completed the Japanese version might want to throw up some reviews on Amazon, as that sometimes helps people make a purchase. I know the game is going to be great regardless of people's misgivings about it being in new hands.
When are you thinking you'll get the game compared to release date? It's been my experience that Amazon usually does better than their estimated delivery dates anyway.

I agree about the reviews. There's also a couple of topics on the "forum" thing there for the game with people asking decent questions that we are capable of answering. I took a stab at answering both of them.
Amazon is one of my preferred ways to shop, and sometimes their shipping speed is amazing. I've already ordered things via Super Saver and had it the next day. It all depends on what they have stocked in their warehouse, and how close you are to it. I think there is a warehouse a town over from me, or one in Philadelphia which is an hour from here. Granted, you never know how fast or how slow it's going to be. They are exceptionally good with returns and refunds though, which is why I prefer them over ebay. Even if you buy something from an Amazon Marketplace Seller you have a better chance of Amazon itself covering you.

I hope it ships quickly for everyone who orders it from them. Good to hear that you have a good Gamestop, ShindoW.

Werefrog
Dragonmaster

Post by Werefrog »

It's actually the number one PSP game in the RPG category. Sorry to burst your bubble.

Edit:
It is, however, number three overall for the PSP. That's pretty good too!

Final Night
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Final Night »

Werefrog wrote:It's actually the number one PSP game in the RPG category. Sorry to burst your bubble.

Edit:
It is, however, number three overall for the PSP. That's pretty good too!
Very awesome. It's moved up again. When I checked it right after my preorder the other day it was sitting at #4 for PSP.
† Final Night †

whitedragon_nall
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by whitedragon_nall »

I've been checking it every few days and It's always in the top 4. Let's hope the magazine ads and the Gamespot OTS preview keep it going strong.

EDIT: Amazon has SSH up for release day delivery now!!!!

Final Night
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Final Night »

whitedragon_nall wrote:I've been checking it every few days and It's always in the top 4. Let's hope the magazine ads and the Gamespot OTS preview keep it going strong.

EDIT: Amazon has SSH up for release day delivery now!!!!
Yeah, pre-orders are a cool sign that the game is doing well because it shows you've got people who are taking a shot at it with only prior experience or th demo. Hopefully sales are strong after the actual release.

I switched my order to release day deliver. Really excited about that!
† Final Night †

whitedragon_nall
Black Dragon Wizard

I was surprised they put it up for release day delivery. Usually only the bigger titles get it. I wonder if the sales figures had anything to do with that.

Off topic, but I was able to convince my brother to pick the game up too. Only took me 10 years. All it took was a playthrough of LoZ: Majoras Mask.

Vyse of Arcadia
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Vyse of Arcadia »

whitedragon_nall wrote:Off topic, but I was able to convince my brother to pick the game up too. Only took me 10 years. All it took was a playthrough of LoZ: Majoras Mask.
I can't get my brother to even touch most RPGs I like. He says they're too slow. Which is nonsense, as he absolutely adores Suikoden and Breath of Fire.

I'm kinda glad it's not coming out until March, as I won't be able to afford it until my next paycheck.

Final Night
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Final Night »

Vyse of Arcadia wrote:I'm kinda glad it's not coming out until March, as I won't be able to afford it until my next paycheck.
That's actually a little disappointing for me. I've got a big event starting March 12th that I need to be spending mucho time prepping for in the days before it... plus FFXIII comes out on the 9th. I'm trying to figure out how to balance my life with my video games, haha.
† Final Night †

whitedragon_nall
Black Dragon Wizard

It's hard trying to live a normal life...especially when you have a planet to save and a Goddess to protect. :lol:

ShindoW
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by ShindoW »

Nall, you're full of awesome.

Unless they announce a LE PS3 version of FFXIII at last minute (that's the rumor... argh) then I'm not getting it til a price drop. I ended up having to buy an HDTV to play the 3 next gen games I own (and then Heavy Rain, FFXIII, just got Star Ocean 4) which will use all our savings from the tax refund. ;( So $700 something went down to $100-$200, and we need like 2 grand to move out preparedly.

I'm also going to Anime Matsuri on April 2nd, so we have about a grand for that we're saving up. I can't afford next gen games.. I was flipping through one of the guides, IIRC, and Lunar 2 for the Sega CD was expensive! Like $70 or something. I knew the CD itself was like $300 but I couldn't imagine paying that back in 1993 or whatever. o.o

whitedragon_nall
Black Dragon Wizard

Saving money sucks when you're a gamer. Usually this time of year there isn't anything to buy, but it seems the holiday season game rush never came to an end. I know nobody is forcing me to buy them all....resisting is just too freakin' hard. Plus, my $1200 HD TV died on me 2 weeks ago, would've cost $800 to fix, so I picked up a "cheaper" $400 one. One of these days I'll finally get my priorities straight and actually save some money so I can move out.

I sometimes forget how expensive games were back then...mostly because it was my parents buying them. That's probably why I owned so few games when I was younger.

ShindoW
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by ShindoW »

I couldn't agree with you more on everything you said. I want to move out so bad, but the cheapest place (when we looked, before the hurricane, 2 bedroom, 3 people, that would take small pets) was $800 all bills paid per month.

Thats not counting $500 pet deposit for my cat, $200 regular deposit, and 3 months advance rent while we get jobs (since we;d be moving inland)

X.x

Monde Luna
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by Monde Luna »

ShindoW what is minimum wage in TX? In California that would be such a deal. =)

Vyse of Arcadia
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Vyse of Arcadia »

I've found that the places with the cheapest rent are college towns. So long as you don't mind putting up with more concentrated idiocy than normal, it's not so bad. I've a 3 bedroom apartment, no roommates, about $650 per month, all bills accounted for. Then again, Alabama also has one of the lowest costs of living in the US.

But yeah, I found it funny how vocally people complained about $60 PS3 and 360 games. I guess they never noticed their parents paying $60-$80 for Genesis and SNES games.

ShindoW
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by ShindoW »

Minimum wage is $7 something I think. My gf works. I still get money from my mom because due to our personal circumstances I haven't had a chance to get a job, so I help around the house. It doesn't help my Mom was out of a job for a year because of the storm.

I know Cali is really high price living, but then, any major city is.

People say we should head to Houston, but I'm hoping to find a place near Kemah, somewhere right off the island.

Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter

Post by Silver Phoenix »

No one can live off of minimum wage without struggling, and it just isn't enough. The Republicans want to get rid of minimum wage completely, because you know the rich care so much about people with little to nothing. Minimum wage should be 10 dollars standard, even that isn't enough to live off of in this economy. The problem is that businesses either can't pay it, or don't want to pay it.

ShindoW
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by ShindoW »

Whats worse is in 3rd world countries $1 is a crapload of money to them. If you think too much, its depressing. I can say I am living very comfortable and hope to get to that state someday on my own and I'm thankful. ;(

whitedragon_nall
Black Dragon Wizard

I can't imagine living in a hurricane state. That must get pretty tough sometimes. The worst weather I ever have to worry about is snow.

Trying to do anything in this economy is frustrating, but I guess we are still pretty fortunate.

And LOL :lol: Talk about a thread derail. How does a thread about Lunar sales turn into a talk about economy?

Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter

Post by Silver Phoenix »

Lunar sales will help or hinder the economy, it's true! Buy, Buy, Buy!

Final Night
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Final Night »

It's the Economy, stupid! Buy Lunar, moron!
† Final Night †