Overly formal language is overly formal...

For discussion of Lunar: Silver Star Harmony, the PSP remake of Lunar 1
Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Re: Overly formal language is overly formal...

Post by Silver Phoenix »

Such a simple omission as "De" is nothing to freak over, and wasn't it meant as a form of prominence? Besides, it's not like they named her Jessica Monkeyshi+.

LuNaRtIc
Bromide Hunter

Post by LuNaRtIc »

In the grand scheme of things, it's trivial, but I think the name flows better with "de" in it. :P
Oh, and thanks for clearing up the whole Tempest thing for me, Temzin.
「美しい白い竜 愛しい白い竜…」
My avatar art was done by luleiya! <3

Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter

Post by Silver Phoenix »

Like I said, it's a simple fix if they feel like making the change to please the fans. Jessica De Monkeyshi+.

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

SSSC was the only game in which Jessica had the longer name.

Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter

Post by Silver Phoenix »

Yeah, so stop your -Borgan-! :P (To those complaining about the missing 'De')

Aaron
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by Aaron »

Shiva Indis wrote:
Aaron wrote:The new names don't bother me so much. Although Jessica having a different last name from her dad is slightly irritating. To me the problem is what I stated earlier. An over the top flowery translation full of idioms.
Background data explains that Mel added the 'de' to his name when he became governor of Meribia.

You've made it pretty apparent that you think the "heed the call of the wind" bit was lame. (For the record, it's an Xseed original.) So, what else do you think is over-the-top flowery? I thought the text was pretty straightforward for the most part. Also, you might want to read the Wikipedia article on idioms. While idioms are often metaphors, not all metaphors are idioms. They're a localizer's friend, an important part of making speech seem conversational.
99% of people who play Lunar will not know that the "de" is a title. Only people who read both Japanese & English would know that.

Since you asked, the theme song makes absolutely no sense. It has the strangest meaningless lyrics. What I am doing is looking ahead. I just don't want to see this style of speech used throughout the whole game. I'll admit I'm assuming, but it's a pretty fair assumption.

They really are idioms. If they're translating literally then the cultural references in Japanese are lost to the audience in the rest of the world.

Let's take for example: "Heed the call of the wind"

When I read that/hear that I think he (Alex) is randomly following his hearts desires. Or it could mean a sense of destiny, as in he is literally answering the wind. Since the word heed was used I also think that he might have been actually waiting for the wind to call.

Aren't a lot of Japanese stories and Characters influenced by the wind? Isn't it really a Japanese cultural thing? Do you agree? I can think of tons of animes with fighter pilots who constantly reference the wind, even ninjas!

That changed his character, he no longer is a boy accidentally rising to the occasion, who later finds that he was destined all along. By speaking this way, Alex's character is presented as the cookie-cutter JRPG hero, which he is not. The luster and richness of the character is destroyed by using such obtuse language.

If that's the case then this is certainly the fanboy edition. Because, the people who whined and whined about the strange changes are the ones who have Lunar in both Japanese & English and play them religiously. They neglect the fact that what made Lunar special to the English audience was that it wasn't your typical JRPG experience.

You can agree or disagree with me, but immaturely mocking me (as in way, way previous posts) is just infantile. We'll see more when the game is released and the reviews are published...

Spoiler about what I think potential future reviews of this game will be like:
Chances are the future major reviews will read like this: "Die hard fans return to Lunar and will enjoy this game. The newer generation of gamers who haven't played this game will find themselves playing a mediocre game that appeals to a niche market, and hard pressed to play this when compared to better titles." I understand that Lunar is a niche market, but these changes further reduce the amount of potential buyers in a game. I know that when I'm looking at an RPG to buy, I skip over most of the JRPGs because the translations are so bad. If game play is bottle necked by scene's of heavily metaphorical dialogue then to me that's not enjoyable...usually.

I hope they don't compare it to the WD versions. That would be bad, considering how out classed the voice acting is when compared to the older versions.

Lunar Eclipse
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Lunar Eclipse »

Aaron wrote:Since you asked, the theme song makes absolutely no sense. It has the strangest meaningless lyrics.
Uh, it at least makes a heck of a lot more sense than the original lyrics from Working Designs. I mean, the first verse in itself isn't so bad, though it's still sort of vapid ("all things are real unless you dream they're not"). Then, in the second verse we're stuck with "each of our souls intertwine, when we do", with no antecedent to describe what we're actually doing, and then we're left without an antecedent again when we encounter "instantly we see it, the time to grow and be it." What is "it"? What do "we do"? I mean, yes, this translation might be more literal, but at least there's a clear meaning that's not strewn with random ambiguities and empty-headed lyrics just for the sake of ... well, for what sake I'm not sure. Maybe a flow that's a bit better, but there's only one minor error in flow with the new version, and it's really just because of how the emphasis falls, not because there're more syllables than before.
Aaron wrote:When I read that/hear that I think he (Alex) is randomly following his hearts desires. Or it could mean a sense of destiny, as in he is literally answering the wind. Since the word heed was used I also think that he might have been actually waiting for the wind to call.

That changed his character, he no longer is a boy accidentally rising to the occasion, who later finds that he was destined all along. By speaking this way, Alex's character is presented as the cookie-cutter JRPG hero, which he is not. The luster and richness of the character is destroyed by using such obtuse language.
... Er, there was never anything accidental about him becoming a Dragonmaster in the first place. In every incarnation of the game, he idolized Dyne and wanted to be a Dragonmaster to follow in his footsteps. Anyway, the way I think it's supposed to be interpreted is that Dyne followed the caprices of the wind on his many journeys as a Dragonmaster, and Alex grew up listening to tales of all those adventure. Thus, he hopes to follow the wind one day too (i.e. venture out into the world like Dyne). I didn't think that was so hard to read into it, particularly when he says, "I too hope to heed the call of the wind."

And I really don't know why you think the wind is so specifically "Japanese". We have lots of metaphors about it here too, and I've definitely read similar lines before.
Aaron wrote:If that's the case then this is certainly the fanboy edition. Because, the people who whined and whined about the strange changes are the ones who have Lunar in both Japanese & English and play them religiously. They neglect the fact that what made Lunar special to the English audience was that it wasn't your typical JRPG experience.
This still doesn't make any sense to me. Your argument is that because Alex says "heed the call of the wind", he's suddenly cookie cutter (which is in itself kind of ridiculous considering he had essentially no characterization at all in the original since he barely spoke), but you yourself don't even have a single interpretation for the line. You first offer up that it might mean that he wants to follow his heart's desire, which is in no way in contradiction with his existing characterization. He has always wanted to follow his heart and become a Dragonmaster. Then, you posit that it might mean he has a sense of destiny surrounding his dream, which I don't personally agree with, but even if you forced that reading, it doesn't change very much considering Quark tells you you're destined to be a Dragonmaster, what, ten minutes later? I just don't see how this line changes much, even if you force a somewhat incorrect reading on it.
Aaron wrote:You can agree or disagree with me, but immaturely mocking me (as in way, way previous posts) is just infantile. We'll see more when the game is released and the reviews are published...
If this is in reference to me, I haven't meant to mock you anywhere, and I don't think I have. If you were offended by anything, I apologize.
Aaron wrote:I know that when I'm looking at an RPG to buy, I skip over most of the JRPGs because the translations are so bad. If game play is bottle necked by scene's of heavily metaphorical dialogue then to me that's not enjoyable...usually.

I hope they don't compare it to the WD versions. That would be bad, considering how out classed the voice acting is when compared to the older versions.
The translation isn't bad, and it's ludicrous for you to say that it's bottlenecked by metaphorical dialogue when you've seen one metaphor so far (though I wouldn't really term it a metaphor to begin with, but I'll use this term for consistency in the argument), and it was actually during an introspective monologue anyway (where it makes more sense). Also, I know people keep saying this, but it's insane how blinded people are by the old voice actors. I understand being a bit startled by some of the changes in intonation, but first of all, play a little more of the game before claiming they're awful (since most VAs take a while to completely get into their roles), and second of all, stop imagining that the originals were awesome. They were awesome by the standards of their day, but they're not any better than the standard VA crowd now, and some were actually fairly bland and uninspired.
Let those who war with life forfeit their own! -- Mareg, Grandia II

Shiva Indis
White Dragon Knight

Post by Shiva Indis »

Lunar Eclipse wrote:In the second verse we're stuck with "each of our souls intertwine, when we do", with no antecedent to describe what we're actually doing, and then we're left without an antecedent again when we encounter "instantly we see it, the time to grow and be it." What is "it"? What do "we do"?
lol, I've been asking myself these questions for years. The new lyrics aren't a masterpeice but they are an improvement.
Aaron wrote:They really are idioms. If they're translating literally then the cultural references in Japanese are lost to the audience in the rest of the world.
Any figures of speech that wouldn't make sense to English speakers have been taken out, let me assure you. Nall doesn't accuse Ramus of having a "good tone" like he did in the Japanese version. The game is localized. If anything, Xseed added lots of English idioms where there were none in the original script, but that's in keeping with WD's style.
Lunar Eclipse wrote:And I really don't know why you think the wind is so specifically "Japanese". We have lots of metaphors about it here too, and I've definitely read similar lines before.
Like "throw caution to the wind", or "second wind", or being able to "know which way the wind blows"?
「まあいいけど。」

Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter

Post by Silver Phoenix »

I have a new topic for this thread.

"Literal language is overly literal language."

I think you're putting too much emphasis on a phrase which if anything is just paying homage to "Wind's Nocturne" and the call of a hero. I also believe this is the first game of the TSS games where Quark actually says Alex is destined to be the Dragonmaster right from the start, not just becomes one through effort. I don't know if that was XSEED giving the impact, or part of the Japanese script.

I swear to God if we have to have a live session where we listen to both songs and debate the meaning of the old lyrics versus the new ones. I can already tell you which one will win, even if it doesn't rhyme without reason like the other.

vireland
NPC

Post by vireland »

Lunar Eclipse wrote:
Aaron wrote:Since you asked, the theme song makes absolutely no sense. It has the strangest meaningless lyrics.
Uh, it at least makes a heck of a lot more sense than the original lyrics from Working Designs. I mean, the first verse in itself isn't so bad, though it's still sort of vapid ("all things are real unless you dream they're not"). Then, in the second verse we're stuck with "each of our souls intertwine, when we do", with no antecedent to describe what we're actually doing, and then we're left without an antecedent again when we encounter "instantly we see it, the time to grow and be it." What is "it"? What do "we do"? I mean, yes, this translation might be more literal, but at least there's a clear meaning that's not strewn with random ambiguities and empty-headed lyrics just for the sake of ... well, for what sake I'm not sure. Maybe a flow that's a bit better, but there's only one minor error in flow with the new version, and it's really just because of how the emphasis falls, not because there're more syllables than before.
Someone pointed me to your post specifically, and it was so off base, I actually registered here to rebut it:

You must not listen to much music. Unless it's folk music, or making a very specific kind of story song, most song structures will not be like a book, and the structure does not follow a conventional sentence. A good portion of them are very vague, to boot. It's closer to poetry and sometimes haiku than speech. The POINT is to allow the listener to PROJECT onto the song and have an experience unique to THEM. The concepts are completely obvious - to wit...

"In your dreams, magical thoughts. All things are real unless you dream they're not."
This is played over Alex looking out over a bluff looking very eager to have an adventure. The point? If you dream it, you can be it. YOU are in control. Dream it or don't, you decide what becomes real.

"In your dreams, love is the plot, carried on wings of hope."
Obvious, especially with the dreamy Luna with the come-hither submissive look.

"Each of our souls intertwine when we do."
Okay, now you're just playing dumb, right? This is not really that hard, is it? The structure is poetic - it's not a monologue. People rub off on each other when they come in contact - their souls are affected when their lives (souls) become entangled. The sentence structure is intentionally loopback, and maintains the musicality of the song. The "do" obviously refers to the "intertwine", and so it's saying that when people physically intermix, their souls do as well. This is playing over the scrolling gallery of all the characters in the game that have an effect on each other. It's not hard to decode this unless your purposely aiming for retardation.

"Instantly we see it, the time to grow and be it, when everything is pinned on a hope."
Referring back to the first line, visually and in lyric. Alex is back in the "bluff overlook" mode. The time has come to do something big. In other words, "Instantly we see the time to grow (take responsibility) and be "it" - i.e. the one". One of two everlasting regrets in this song is use of the word "pinned" - I hate it, and should never have done it.

"Let rise, the dreams of your heart - that innocent youth, careless and kind"
Smaller regret number two - "careless" fit, but it should have been more like "carefree" because it was meant to mean without a care in the world. Careless just sounded better, but I should have found a better word combo here. Otherwise, this is completely a self-explanatory line.

"Free to roam the breeze in love, only when two brilliantly shine as one."
Soft allusion to the "wings" theme with breeze and reinforcing that this is a game ultimately about love. Nevermind that it's between a brother and his adopted sister who were raised together. That's the creepy part we completely minimized out of the localization, instead making Luna an extended-stay guest.

So, there you go. The original lyrics are not hard to understand, especially when seen with the video, and they are actually musical - they flow. The new lyrics do NOT flow at ALL, and as proof of their embarrassment they buried Jenny in the mix. In our version she was front and center, but in theirs, she's overwhelmed by the music volume and hard to hear. But they HAD to do that because if she was brought up in the mix, it would have compounded the problem of the lyrics interrupting the flow of the music.

Next time, pick a more defensible position like "New Mia sounds great!" or "They made it easy enough so even I can finish it!" and you'll get no rational argument. But saying the old lyrics make no sense is just crazy-talk.

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

I'll try to put up the new Wings lyrics this weekend. But for now, I point you to:
http://www.lunar-net.com/sssc/lyrics.php
for comparison. This has the WD lyrics, WD's translation, the Japanese lyrics, and our translation (in this instance they're nearly the same; TSS is the one that was really weird).

I like the new lyrics, actually. I need a few more listens to it, but they seem ok for now. I'd rather get a new version anyway, considering that I've heard the same one tons of times already.

Regarding the Playstation SSS English lyrics, the only thing that I never liked was the second line ("In your dreams, magical thoughts... / All things are real, unless you dream they're not.")--that's the only one that stood out as bad and brought the rest of it down. Everything else was fine. Besides, Wind's Nocturne was the best song in there anyhow.

Fun extrapolation time:
Aaron wrote:Aren't a lot of Japanese stories and Characters influenced by the wind? Isn't it really a Japanese cultural thing? Do you agree? I can think of tons of animes with fighter pilots who constantly reference the wind, even ninjas!
Aren't a lot of Japanese stories and characters motivated by love? Isn't it really a Japanese cultural thing? I can think of tons of movies, dramas, and anime with characters who constantly talk about love, even samurai!

'Cause, you know, two cultures can't ever share things in common. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

SilentApprovalRobot
Reza Thief

Post by SilentApprovalRobot »

Lunar Eclipse wrote:

Aaron
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by Aaron »

Kizyr wrote:Aren't a lot of Japanese stories and characters motivated by love? Isn't it really a Japanese cultural thing? I can think of tons of movies, dramas, and anime with characters who constantly talk about love, even samurai!

'Cause, you know, two cultures can't ever share things in common. KF
Still trying to defend the impossible? Lol, you did this with Dragon Song right when it came out. Later you changed your view. Grow up dude. You know for sure, (since you read Japanese) that it's not referencing love. It's talking about wind. Face it, it's crap in English. Japanophiles like you will do anything to protect their view, even lie.

And to repeat myself, whatever cultural reference in Japanese it had. It is lost to the English audience. In fact we have even more negative views of chasing the wind. Such as Gypsy's, loners, ect. Even a figure of speech "Grasping at the wind" is negative.

See what I did thar? I don't even know Japanese and I can still pick up on these things.

Why don't you do some extrapolation for the English audience then since your clearly above people like me. You know the ones who disagree with your personal view. Just because I don't agree with you doesn't mean I'm wrong.

Lunar Eclipse
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Lunar Eclipse »

vireland wrote:Someone pointed me to your post specifically, and it was so off base, I actually registered here to rebut it:

You must not listen to much music. Unless it's folk music, or making a very specific kind of story song, most song structures will not be like a book, and the structure does not follow a conventional sentence. A good portion of them are very vague, to boot. It's closer to poetry and sometimes haiku than speech. The POINT is to allow the listener to PROJECT onto the song and have an experience unique to THEM. The concepts are completely obvious - to wit...
I do listen to a lot of music, and while I agree that the structure is allowed to be more poetic, that doesn't mean that you can throw around do-nothing verbs and pronouns like "do" and "it" just to fill gaps without actually defining the processes or things to which those parts of speech refer. Please note that I didn't pick at things like "In your dreams, magical thoughts," which, even though it's not a full sentence, does convey a specific idea. So yes, I understand it's not the same as standard speech or writing. I just think certain sections are poorly written even from a poetic/lyrical perspective.

Anyway, I'll rebut on the lines I actually brought up as problematic. Not sure why you felt the need to defend every line in the song when I only pointed out two phrases as truly nonfunctional and one as being silly.
vireland wrote:"... All things are real unless you dream they're not."
This is played over Alex looking out over a bluff looking very eager to have an adventure. The point? If you dream it, you can be it. YOU are in control. Dream it or don't, you decide what becomes real.
As I said, this makes sense. I just find it somewhat vapid and a bit funny as a statement. I don't know why, and perhaps I should've left it alone. You clearly don't agree since you wrote it (or at least contributed to it, I imagine?), but I've seen other people comment on the silliness on several other boards as well.
vireland wrote:"Each of our souls intertwine when we do."
Okay, now you're just playing dumb, right? This is not really that hard, is it? The structure is poetic - it's not a monologue. People rub off on each other when they come in contact - their souls are affected when their lives (souls) become entangled. The sentence structure is intentionally loopback, and maintains the musicality of the song. The "do" obviously refers to the "intertwine", and so it's saying that when people physically intermix, their souls do as well. This is playing over the scrolling gallery of all the characters in the game that have an effect on each other. It's not hard to decode this unless your purposely aiming for retardation.
I don't see how it's "retardation" to take issue with something that's very strangely worded. Grammatically speaking, "do" can't refer back to "intertwine" in the way you're suggesting. Breaking the sentence down, we have the subject "each" followed by a descriptive prepositional phrase followed by the main verb "intertwine". Then, we come to an adverbial phrase ("when we do"), which should describe the timing of the intertwining, not reiterate the intertwining, as you said. So naturally, when people hear, "Each of our souls intertwine when we do," they're sort of left hanging because "do" is a very general, nondescriptive verb that actually tells us nothing about the timing. We ask, "When we do what?" At least, that seems like the natural reaction to me, and I'd appreciate not being called an idiot for feeling that way.
vireland wrote:"Instantly we see it, the time to grow and be it, when everything is pinned on a hope."
Referring back to the first line, visually and in lyric. Alex is back in the "bluff overlook" mode. The time has come to do something big. In other words, "Instantly we see the time to grow (take responsibility) and be "it" - i.e. the one". One of two everlasting regrets in this song is use of the word "pinned" - I hate it, and should never have done it.
I can understand the visual connection you were trying to draw now that you've explained it, but from a purely lyrical standpoint, I don't really get how you can say it's clearly connected. For an indefinite pronoun like "it" to refer to much of anything at all, it needs to actually be near to its antecedent. Yes, we can at least vaguely infer the meaning of "it" here (unlike the specific timing "do" should indicate in the previous instance), but that doesn't mean the pronouns were used appropriately or well.
vireland wrote:So, there you go. The original lyrics are not hard to understand, especially when seen with the video, and they are actually musical - they flow. The new lyrics do NOT flow at ALL, and as proof of their embarrassment they buried Jenny in the mix. In our version she was front and center, but in theirs, she's overwhelmed by the music volume and hard to hear. But they HAD to do that because if she was brought up in the mix, it would have compounded the problem of the lyrics interrupting the flow of the music.
Oh yes, because their standard for mixing the lyric and music tracks differs from yours, it's clearly evidence that they're embarrassed by the product. Isn't it possible that they just like having the music more prominent in the mix? I honestly prefer it that way, and I don't think she's nearly as buried as you're making her out to be. The casual observer probably wouldn't notice much of a difference, the altered lyrics notwithstanding.
Aaron wrote:And to repeat myself, whatever cultural reference in Japanese it had. It is lost to the English audience. In fact we have even more negative views of chasing the wind. Such as Gypsy's, loners, ect. Even a figure of speech "Grasping at the wind" is negative.
But it's not lost ... As Shiva pointed out, there're many good phrases related to wind as well, like "second wind", and in general, it's used more as a reference to capriciousness than anything explicitly positive or negative. I'd also like to point out that I really never defend anything that I find culturally out of place. With the Tales series, for instance, I always support the decision to remove the original J-Pop opening music because a) the meaning is lost on a non-Japanese audience, b) it's awkward for the casual gamer, and c) it's not culturally relevant. So yeah, I'm not some Japanese purist who wants the localization team to preserve everything.
Let those who war with life forfeit their own! -- Mareg, Grandia II

Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter

Post by Silver Phoenix »

To all of those involved, myself included, these are opinions and there was no need to join the forums just to stir the pot. Obviously when things are explained in a thought out process it makes more sense, but not everyone understands the same idea (or lyrics) when listening to a song in the way you thought them up.

If someone is a casual listener they may be perplexed as to what they're hearing, because some people just don't pay attention to the context of a conveyed message. In any case, nice to see you pay us a visit Vic.

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

In order to promote the idea of the internet happy box, I'm editing all posts to keep the content and remove the unnecessary insults. I recommend everyone try it; you'll be happier as a result!
Aaron wrote:Still trying to defend the impossible? You did this with Dragon Song right when it came out. Later you changed your view. You know that it's not referencing love. It's talking about wind. Face it, it's crap in English.
What are you referencing regarding Dragon Song? I was mistaken about it, but the reasons for that aren't remotely applicable to this topic.

What I was doing was replacing one reference with another, thereby demonstrating that the same comment regarding "wind" could be made about "love", and pointing out (through some satire) that the comment that "wind" is some inherently Japanese metaphor is as inaccurate as saying that "love" is some inherently Japanese metaphor.

Furthermore, Shiva Indis pointed out several instances where there are similar metaphors in English using "wind", including positive ones. I notice you overlooked that.
Aaron wrote:Why don't you do some extrapolation for the English audience? You know the ones who disagree with your personal view. Just because I don't agree with you doesn't mean I'm wrong.
That was extrapolation for the English audience, since it referred to the English language and idioms. Also, the only main contention you had was that the English dialogue wasn't good; that's something no one can be "right" or "wrong" about. However, the other contention you made that there aren't any positive metaphors involving "wind" in English is, in fact, incorrect.
Silver Phoenix wrote:To all of those involved, myself included, these are opinions and there was no need to join the forums just to stir the pot. Obviously when things are explained in a thought out process it makes more sense, but not everyone understands the same idea (or lyrics) when listening to a song in the way you thought them up.

If someone is a casual listener they may be perplexed as to what they're hearing, because some people just don't pay attention to the context of a conveyed message. In any case, nice to see you pay us a visit Vic.
For me, it's not the meaning of the song, but how the lines flow that's more important. The meaning is fine--the flow of the words in the original is jarring in a few places. (Namely, the second line, and for some people, the "intertwine" line as well.)

There're actually a few places where the Japanese lyrics don't really flow as well either. I happen to like the English version of Wind's Nocturne more than the Japanese one for that reason; I prefer the Japanese version of Wings to either English version though. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter

Post by Silver Phoenix »

This is where my comment about things being literal comes into play. If you want to write songs literal-ly they are not going to flow as neatly as some rhyming happy horseshi+. The lyrics in both American versions have their faults, but if you want to go for direct meaning then I have to say that XSEED did a better job. Sorry for any butthurting, but each rendition of the song is good for different reasons. One is nostalgic, and one is refreshed. Live long and prosper.
Last edited by Silver Phoenix on Wed Feb 03, 2010 12:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Aaron
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by Aaron »

@Kizyr
I understood your point. What pisses me off is that your point is irrelevant. We're not talking about love. We're talking about cultural specific references. Wind is clearly a Japanese thing.

The worst part about it is the belittling tone used by you.

The reason you were mistaken on Dragon Song and so far this game is because of your near religious fanatism of this game.

I didn't overlook Shiva, I read it and didn't comment on it because the one's that person came up with were strange.
Shiva Indis wrote:Like "throw caution to the wind", or "second wind", or being able to "know which way the wind blows"?
Throw caution to the wind - (lack of care) Possibly not positive or negative, depends on the situation

Second wind - Nothing to do with what Alex was referencing

Know which way the wind blows - Negative (reference to farting?) Also I've never heard this one.

I was reading neogaf and Victor Ireland said that the translation is literal to a fault. And you know what? I completely agree.

ilovemyguitar
Legendary Hero

Post by ilovemyguitar »

vireland wrote: stuff
Hold up. Is that who I think it is?

brightshield
Red Dragon Priest

Post by brightshield »

Victor Ireland vs. Lunar Eclipse... oh snap! I seriously doubt that Vic would post here though, it's probably just some random guy. Still, this should be entertaining.

*pulls out popcorn and gets ready to watch the epic struggle*