English Demo Impressions [Spoilers]

For discussion of Lunar: Silver Star Harmony, the PSP remake of Lunar 1
Dark_Fairy
White Dragon Knight
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Re: English Demo Impressions [Spoilers]

Post by Dark_Fairy »

I finally got to play and complete the demo today thanks to the link dairugger posted in the Media Go thread and my friend's internet.

Anyway, I love Yuri Lowenthal (assuming it's him) for Alex. He sounds perfect imo.

As for everything else, Luna's voice still bugs me to death. Oh, and Nalls too, but more-so Luna. Actually, the new dialog actually seems good. It's like a facelift. I actually like what was done with Quark too. Don't get me wrong, WD's stuff will always have a special place in my heart, but I think the new translations and voice overs is what the series needed (even though Luna's voice is killing me...). I'm enjoying it enough and I'm sure new fans will too.

Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter

Post by Silver Phoenix »

The voice actor for Luna was chosen to fit the style of the character in this version. If she's too soft spoken and timid then that doesn't work for how she's displayed. Luna's more of a sassy chick now compared to her flower picking whipped cream soft TSS version.

I'm a little worried about Jenny singing the Boat Song though, and I did like WD's lyrics for that song. If they change very little that would be for the better.

whitedragon_nall
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by whitedragon_nall »

I was pretty happy with what I got out of demo. No major problems here. If I remember correctly, didn't the Japanese demo have a snippet of the boat song in it after you brought the ring back to Quark and the demo officially ended? Maybe I'm just imagining thing.

DevNall
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by DevNall »

whitedragon_nall wrote:I was pretty happy with what I got out of demo. No major problems here. If I remember correctly, didn't the Japanese demo have a snippet of the boat song in it after you brought the ring back to Quark and the demo officially ended? Maybe I'm just imagining thing.
It did. I would have been interested to hear the revised boat song, but soon enough.